Most innaccurate passer in the ENTIRE league

Justice

That's one positive, do we have another?

447675[/snapback]

I'd also take an incompletion over a sack, fumble, return for touchdown with a dramatic chin strap pull and look of disgust that lasts 12 seconds until the blank stare look is able to re-boot itself. Does that count for another one?

• Replies 179
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Why? Because I speak the truth?

447691[/snapback]

this does not have as much to do with being a 'good' bills fan as it does just being an intelligent fan. luckily it does seem as though you are in the minority.

and while i will admit watching jp grow up will be difficult especially considering the potential caliber of our defense this is the best option. i live out in nj and people wanted to string up eli manning last year. it is only two games for him, but so far it looks like that pick is working out. the lions are about to give harrington, what his 2nd or 3rd year, and he was a top round pick. the kid has only played two games in his career - it is going to take time and experience to develop.

there is a reason why holcomb has not started in this league - time to give up that option and understand that most nfl qb's will almost always stuggle in their first year

this does not have as much to do with being a 'good' bills fan as it does just being an intelligent fan.  luckily it does seem as though you are in the minority.

and while i will admit watching jp grow up will be difficult especially considering the potential caliber of our defense this is the best option.  i live out in nj and people wanted to string up eli manning last year.  it is only two games for him, but so far it looks like that pick is working out.  the lions are about to give harrington, what his 2nd or 3rd year, and he was a top round pick.  the kid has only played two games in his career - it is going to take time and experience to develop. 

there is a reason why holcomb has not started in this league - time to give up that option and understand that most nfl qb's will almost always stuggle in their first year

447725[/snapback]

I agree, a young QB needs time to develop. Like I said before, if his struggles dealt with reading defenses, going through progressions and overall just managing the tempo of a game, then I wouldn't be upset. But it's his arm that sucks. How do you teach that?

I agree totally.  He seems to want to limit mistakes which is a good thing.  But not to the point of it affecting throws he SHOULD be making.

447656[/snapback]

May be that is what the coaches are preaching him to do....and he is

following the mgmts line.....

this does not have as much to do with being a 'good' bills fan as it does just being an intelligent fan.  luckily it does seem as though you are in the minority.

and while i will admit watching jp grow up will be difficult especially considering the potential caliber of our defense this is the best option.  i live out in nj and people wanted to string up eli manning last year.  it is only two games for him, but so far it looks like that pick is working out.  the lions are about to give harrington, what his 2nd or 3rd year, and he was a top round pick.  the kid has only played two games in his career - it is going to take time and experience to develop. 

447725[/snapback]

Exactly....just like Carson Palmer last year. Most people would say that JP has a better arm and more natural talent that Palmer, too. Palmer has pretty much the same supporting cast around him - minus Peter Warrick - and he's tearing it up. JP has had ONE bad game. Obviously he already has his first win and he moved the team relatively effectively. I just think that any Bills fan who was aware of the fact that we were going with JP this year should have already come to terms with the fact that he was going to have some growing pains. If by mid-season he's shown no progress, losing games for us, etc., then fine.....but to start yelling how the sky is falling after ONE road loss to a tough team, that's bull.

Exactly....just like Carson Palmer last year. Most people would say that JP has a better arm and more natural talent that Palmer, too. Palmer has pretty much the same supporting cast around him - minus Peter Warrick - and he's tearing it up. JP has had ONE bad game. Obviously he already has his first win and he moved the team relatively effectively. I just think that any Bills fan who was aware of the fact that we were going with JP this year should have already come to terms with the fact that he was going to have some growing pains. If by mid-season he's shown no progress, losing games for us, etc., then fine.....but to start yelling how the sky is falling after ONE road loss to a tough team, that's bull.

I'd rather take a loss on the road to a non-conference, much less division, opponent, than losing at home to a division rival who is now ahead of me in the standings. :doh:

No, you'll be accused of being a) blind, b) dumb, or c) a Losman hater, based on the FACT that Holcomb had -1 yards passing against the Bucs. :doh:

447728[/snapback]

a) blind.

You didn't see how off his throws were?

b) dumb.

I know more about the Bills than anyone here.

c) Losman hater

I don't hate Losman. I think he's a great guy from what I see. I want him to succeed but he's making it awfully hard.

BTW. How the hell do you groom a QB of the FUTURE when the rest of the team is ready NOW?

447723[/snapback]

Okay, I will bite. First you said he is the most inaccurate passer in the league. How can you prove that ? have you seen all the games over the past two weeks or do you have stats to prove this ? If you make the claim, back it up with evidence. If I had just seen the last two minutes of the Wash-Dallas game, I can claim that Brunell is the most accurate passer in the league. But he is not, he sucked for the first 55 minutes or so and connected on two bombs.

Secondly, you are calling for Kelly Holcomb. What makes you believe that putting him gives us a better chance at making the playoffs ? The coaches know better than that and hence giving JP the opportunity to develop and take us to the big dance. And please don't use 'it is TD's ego that keeps JP in' as proof.

Thirdly, in every profession, a person has to be given time to work through mistakes and not repeat them. If he is a chronic under or over thrower and we see that throughout this season then I say, replace him towards the end of the season. Eli Manning struggled through last year and is doing quite well this year through two games.

Finally, I do agree that JP was part of the problem in TB but I repeat - he was a part only. This season was one where the ST and D were supposed to take pressure off of him and let him simply manage games. With the D ineffective in stopping Cadillac, this put the worst kind of pressure on him - against a very good defense, in their house, season opening home game.... If Willis had run better, it would have given him time to regroup and gain his composure. But he did not have a chance right from the beginning.

Please stop knee-jerk reactions and separate fact from perception.

I don't hate Losman. I think he's a great guy from what I see. I want him to succeed but he's making it awfully hard.

447749[/snapback]

IT WAS ONE GAME!!! He DID succeed the first game for gosh sakes!

447740[/snapback]

Throwing the ball with accuacy does not fall into "growing pains" category.

a) blind.

You didn't see how off his throws were?

I didn't see the game, but I got the idea. Come on, he's starting his 2nd game against a good opponent on the road in oppressive heat, the rest of his team isn't playing well, and you want to up and dump him?

b) dumb.

I know more about the Bills than anyone here.

Not even going there.

c) Losman hater

Well then give him a chance to learn/grow. Would you rather have Bledsoe? Do you really think Holcomb would have been better, given his -1 yards passing in his brief time? I don't.

Throwing the ball with accuacy does not fall into "growing pains" category.

447757[/snapback]

Sure it does....if you're insecure over your ability to play at the speed of the game because you haven't had enough time to adjust yet, it can most definitely affect your accuracy.

I agree, a young QB needs time to develop. Like I said before, if his struggles dealt with reading defenses, going through progressions and overall just managing the tempo of a game, then I wouldn't be upset. But it's his arm that sucks. How do you teach that?

447735[/snapback]

13-15 out of the gate against Houston, with 5 straight scoring drives. Seems pretty accurate to me, although I'm sure those two misses were absolutely pathetic.

The Bucs defense makes a lot of QB's look like that, mostly young bucks but often times veteran QB's also.

Trust me, I was at the game in Tampa and JP was TERRIBLE. His throws were everywhere but to the receivers. However, in his first road game, against one of the top championship-caliber defenses in the NFL over the past decade, it was not totally unexpected. And give me a break if you thought that any Bills QB since 1997 would have played better against Tampa on Sunday, Holcomb included.

IT WAS ONE GAME!!!  He DID succeed the first game for gosh sakes!

447755[/snapback]

It's not ONE game. He has thrown the ball poorly all throughout camp. Barring a few highlight reel passes that was played over and over again. Too bad we can't judge a guy solely on his good plays. We have to look at his overall play. He has been innaccurate. Argue with that! I challenge you.