[Early SUW] Coolest car you ever drove?

JÂy RÛßeÒ

I've got 2

1980 Corvette - my boss' car when I worked at Arby's as an 18 year old. Had to drive to a different Arby's to pick up some ketchup when we ran out.

1988 BMW M5 - My Pop and I took it for a test drive. Got it up to about 115 mph in 4th gear on a back road. The poor salesman was white as a sheet in the back. :D

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

I've got 2

1980 Corvette - my boss' car when I worked at Arby's as an 18 year old.  Had to drive to a different Arby's to pick up some ketchup when we ran out.

1988 BMW M5 - My Pop and I took it for a test drive.  Got it up to about 115 mph in 4th gear on a back road.  The poor salesman was white as a sheet in the back. :D

31661[/snapback]

My 1st Car was a 65 Mustang...It was SO sweet, and the Chicks dug it! :P

hey jay...maybe this has been addressed...don't feel like searching...but what's with the Rubeo? Character entity support problem?

re: cars, i drove my friend Jeff's bmw 328i for a day back in 1996. It was, shall we say, nice.

i've never been a big 'spend a lot on a car' guy...but if doing so represented a small % of my income, my car would be a BMW.

My brother-in-law and his 3 brothers own Jegs. Yeah, Troy Coughlin. Some of you may have heard of him on ESPN Drag Racing. His little brother Jeg is more famous and a better racer.

Anyway, I married his wife's sister, so technically, he's my brother-in-law.

I got to take his Mercedes Benz CL600 out for a spin one day. It's got a V-12 in it. When you put it into reverse, the side view mirrors tilt downward. What a machine. All black, and as bad as it gets. After I drove it, I looked it up on the internet and almost stevestojan myself when I found out it's over $120K!

http://www.csi-auto.nl/carview/mercedescl600.htm

http://weaky.free.fr/images/fiches/de/merc...00_Coupe_00.jpg

hey jay...maybe this has been addressed...don't feel like searching...but what's with the Rubeo? Character entity support problem?

31726[/snapback]

When SDS moved the membership data from one server to another the character sets got garbled and it came out that way. I've decided I kinda like it...