I am seeing a trend on TBD.....

taterhill

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

it seems as if some of you take more joy in being right about the Bills and your doom and gloom predictions, then you do about actually rooting for them to win...very sad the misery some of you feed off of...

446045[/snapback]

What are you talking about Willis?

it seems as if some of you take more joy in being right about the Bills and your doom and gloom predictions, then you do about actually rooting for them to win...very sad the misery some of you feed off of...

446045[/snapback]

Not me tater. I hated what I saw yesterday, absolutely hated it. Course I haven't been a doom and gloomer. Some folks want to be able to say I told you so, and yesterday gave them ample amunition. Choose to read them or not, some have valid points, some drivel.

446045[/snapback]

That's human nature, isn't it?

For most, I imagine it's a way of hedging their bets. If the team wins, they are wrong but happy. If the team loses, at least they can vent their anger from their perceived high ground.

Also, people "grieve" in their own way. The younger generations have been trending (is that a word?) toward expressing their anger through making others feel bad, older generations tend clam up, and the hippies in the middle tend to be blind optimists. :doh:

I expected our offense to not do well this week, but I didn't expect it to look this bad. I also thought our defense would finally show up for a big game on the road. I hope the offense improves as fast as I hoped they would. The defense...Well, what we see is pretty much what we'll get.

446045[/snapback]

You can put me in that category, but I dont see it as doom, and gloom... heh heh.

the thing that sticks out about the reactions is how JP is allowed excuses for his performance, yet RJ & DB were crucified from the first faux pax(sp?). but you are right as well, some here relish in being right about the shortcomings of this team. GO BILLS!!!!

446045[/snapback]

the thing that sticks out about the reactions is how JP is allowed excuses for his performance, yet RJ & DB were crucified from the first faux pax(sp?).  but you are right as well, some here relish in being right about the shortcomings of this team.  GO BILLS!!!!

446129[/snapback]

Hey I have been a huge detractor of JP's but yesterday wasn't his fault. The coaches and Shelton were non-existant yesterday. I am sure there will be days when the CB's hang onto the ball and it will be JPs fault. But yesterday wasn't one of them.

I am sure there will be days when the CB's hang onto the ball and it will be JPs fault.  But yesterday wasn't one of them.

446133[/snapback]

:doh: So bad passing is only JPs fault if the CBs hold on to the ball? :unsure:

Never mind that the defensive backs were jumping all over the receivers' routes all day because JP stares at his target before he throws...but it's still not his fault until a DB catches the ball instead of knocking it down.

That's just weird, man...

:doh:  So bad passing is only JPs fault if the CBs hold on to the ball?  :unsure:

Never mind that the defensive backs were jumping all over the receivers' routes all day because JP stares at his target before he throws...but it's still not his fault until a DB catches the ball instead of knocking it down. 

446142[/snapback]

I said the same thing yesterday - I don't get VA's reasoning but hey.

CW

Hey I have been a huge detractor of JP's but yesterday wasn't his fault. 

446133[/snapback]

JP had a lot of company, but he played very poorly. He's got to learn to look off DBs and make better decisions with the ball. Before the garbage time final drive what were his numbers? Something like 3-19 for 40-some yards?

All of our opponents are going to stack the box to stop Willis, therefore, JP must get it done. People can blame whoever they want but the fact is, JP stunk it up yesterday.

:doh:  So bad passing is only JPs fault if the CBs hold on to the ball?  :unsure:

446142[/snapback]

Yeah I know. I was trying to spount some of the BS I hear here. I know it's wrong, but I still don't think JP was the main reason we lost.

Maybe we should have tried the retarded, one and a half pitch back, double end !@#$ed up once around the edsel long bomb play.

446045[/snapback]

Exactly. I dont mind the negative posts about the Bills, because frankly, moorman's 60 yd punt and lindells FG were about the only thing to be positive about yesterday. But its the Jerry Sullivan posters who are quiet when we win and are doing good, but when we lose, they jump all over everyone and are thrilled because they were right...

Some people would rather say we are gonna be 6-10 and be right about it, than have the bills go 10-6 and just miss or even make the playoffs...

Yeah I know.  I was trying to spount some of the BS I hear here.  I know it's wrong, but I still don't think JP was the main reason we lost. 

Maybe we should have tried the retarded, one and a half pitch back, double end !@#$ed up once around the edsel long bomb play.

446166[/snapback]

You mean the Mickey Mouse fake end-around bull sh-- !@#$tard reverse screen pass? Only good thing about yesterday's game is we didn't suffer through that steaming pile of retatta of a play.

the thing that sticks out about the reactions is how JP is allowed excuses for his performance, yet RJ & DB were crucified from the first faux pax(sp?).  but you are right as well, some here relish in being right about the shortcomings of this team.  GO BILLS!!!!

446129[/snapback]

Natural reaction. Those who were merciless in their attacks on Bledsoe last year and predicted that we only needed to change the QB to Losman to win it all this year are naturally going to be Losman apologists.

I know, I was a Bledsoe apologist. I wish he was still here. But he's not and JP needs to be cut a break here. We don't know if he is RJ or Kelly yet and we won't for awhile.

QBs should never be saddled with all the blame or the glory in any one game. Its always a team effort. Over the course of a few games its fair to say one quarterback or another would be better or worse for a team. Frankly blaming a QB is what the casual fan does. Knowing that other players, coaches, game situations, refs, weather and so on impact games is what knowledgeable fans pick up on.

I don't love Losman, but he gets a mulligan from me here. We'll know more in a few weeks.

Exactly. I dont mind the negative posts about the Bills, because frankly, moorman's 60 yd punt and lindells FG were about the only thing to be positive about yesterday. But its the Jerry Sullivan posters who are quiet when we win and are doing good, but when we lose, they jump all over everyone and are thrilled because they were right...

Some people would rather say we are gonna be 6-10 and be right about it, than have the bills go 10-6 and just miss or even make the playoffs...

446171[/snapback]

Frankly, some people (i.e. me) are better critics than cheerleaders. Just because such people spout off when things are bad, doesn't mean they're not happy when things are good.

But then, some people are just massively insecure and need to be right about everything. I.e. me. :doh:

You mean the Mickey Mouse fake end-around bull sh-- !@#$tard reverse screen pass?  Only good thing about yesterday's game is we didn't suffer through that steaming pile of retatta of a play.

446172[/snapback]

But at least it would have been something. :doh: And yes that is the play.

Frankly, some people (i.e. me) are better critics than cheerleaders.  Just because such people spout off when things are bad, doesn't mean they're not happy when things are good. 

But then, some people are just massively insecure and need to be right about everything.  I.e. me.  :doh:

446177[/snapback]

I know, you are quite the critic :unsure:...but you make valid arguements about specific problems, so criticism is accepted about the team, and it leads to good football discussion...the posters i cant stand are the ones that say..."we suck, JP sucks, willis sucks, mularkey sucks, TD sucks, i told you so we area 6-10 team"

I know, you are quite the critic ;)...but you make valid arguements about specific problems, so criticism is accepted about the team, and it leads to good football discussion...the posters i cant stand are the ones that say..."we suck, JP sucks, willis sucks, mularkey sucks, TD sucks, i told you so we area 6-10 team"

446187[/snapback]

TD doesn't really suck. Willis doesn't suck.

I won't comment on the rest. :doh::w00t::unsure:

446129[/snapback]

Let me get this straight, you'd want us to throw Losman to the dogs after 2 starts in the NFL? Johnson had plenty of time to prove himself. The fact that he didn't is on him. Bledsoe needed to make just one or two plays a game and more often than not he couldn't. He had ample time to prove himself as well. If after two seasons it is apparent that Losman is unable to be a quality QB than I will have no problem throwing him out, but 2 games does not a career make.