I am seeing a trend on TBD.....

taterhill

TD doesn't really suck.  Willis doesn't suck. 

I won't comment on the rest.  :doh:  :w00t:  :unsure:

446195[/snapback]

Well, i know your opinion on JP ;), even tho it may be opposite of mine...but mularkey sucks? C'mon man, i know yesterday was one of the few bad games hes had as a coach, btu the guy's good...

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Well, i know your opinion on JP :doh:, even tho it may be opposite of mine...but mularkey sucks? C'mon man, i know yesterday was one of the few bad games hes had as a coach, btu the guy's good...

446198[/snapback]

Yeah he did so well in the Pittsburgh game last year against their 3rd stringers. Oh and his management of the team inside the 20 last week.

Just to name three games where his coaching sucked.

And like I said, JP gets a pass from me for most of the season because it is his first year starting. I won't rag on him now that the season started until at least week 12, to ensure he has a chance to show some improvement.

Yeah he did so well in the Pittsburgh game last year against their 3rd stringers.  Oh and his management of the team inside the 20 last week. 

446212[/snapback]

I don't remember Mularky fumbling, blowing coverage, missing tackles, dropping balls, and missing blocks in that game against Pittsburgh.

And what exactly, did you find wrong with what he did last week inside the 20?

Oh, I get it, MULARKEY BAD!! :doh:

I don't remember Mularky fumbling, blowing coverage, missing tackles, dropping balls, and missing blocks in that game against Pittsburgh.

And what exactly, did you find wrong with what he did last week inside the 20? 

Oh, I get it, MULARKEY BAD!! :doh:

446218[/snapback]

Duh, of course it was mularkey's fault last week. Didnt you see the play calls he was sending in... "I-form 34 dig right x slant y zig on 2 with a #66 false start"

I posted that this team was going 6-10. To suggest that I'm happy about it is utter nonsense. I was probably one of the most disgusted fans yesterday. But, my point is that it was exceptionally predictable.

ON THE ROAD especially, this team's offense is going to be horrendous. I will contend that all year long. Happy about it? Not at all, but realistic about it.

Duh, of course it was mularkey's fault last week. Didnt you see the play calls he was sending in... "I-form 34 dig right x slant y zig on 2 with a #66 false start"

446228[/snapback]

So it's not the coaches job to instill discipline?

So it's not the coaches job to put the players in a position to succeed.

In addition, going for it on 4th, while successful, was a bad call. Yes we scored a TD, but we should have kicked the FG there, and gone up 15-7, which puts us up a TD. He it failed we are only up 12-7 at half with Texans having a big swing right before the half. Poor choice.

Like the little chicken that runs around yelling "The Sky is Falling" Nobody believes him. Bit, when the sky falls, the chicken gets to stand there and stay...I told you so.

I would say that TBD suffers from polar extremes. On one side you have the eternal optimist. Nothing can go wrong, and when the Bills lose, look for someone else to blame. On the other side are the naysayers. Nothing can go right for the Bills. TD sucks, MM was a bad hire, etc. When the Bills win, it is always even a blind squirrel finds a nut mentality.

Hard to find many middle ground people who say....the Bills made some mistakes, but they still have a solid team that can compete week in and week out.

I would say that TBD suffers from polar extremes.  On one side you have the eternal optimist.  Nothing can go wrong, and when the Bills lose, look for someone else to blame.  On the other side are the naysayers.  Nothing can go right for the Bills.  TD sucks, MM was a bad hire, etc.  When the Bills win, it is always even a blind squirrel finds a nut mentality.

446252[/snapback]

Not TBD. We're all polar extremes. It's normal.

Yeah he did so well in the Pittsburgh game last year against their 3rd stringers.  Oh and his management of the team inside the 20 last week. 

Just to name three games where his coaching sucked. 

And like I said, JP gets a pass from me for most of the season because it is his first year starting.  I won't rag on him now that the season started until at least week 12, to ensure he has a chance to show some improvement.

446212[/snapback]

you are right, Mukarkey should have put down his headset and plugged the hole on the WIllie Parker 61 yard run..what's next Cal Ripken is not HOF worthy? :doh:

So it's not the coaches job to instill discipline?

Who said that wasn't one of the coaching staff's responsibilities? :doh:
So it's not the coaches job to put the players in a position to succeed. 

It's hard to even dignify that statement given the differences between Williams/Gilbride's mentality and that of the current coaching staff.

MULARKEY BAD!! :unsure:

you are right, Mukarkey should have put down his headset and plugged the hole on the WIllie Parker 61 yard run..what's next Cal Ripken is not HOF worthy? :doh:

446262[/snapback]

Again, in case you missed it, which you did. A coaches job is to adjust and put his players in position to make the play. Mularky has not done that on offense or defense.

Again, in case you missed it, which you did.  A coaches job is to adjust and put his players in position to make the play.  Mularky has not done that on offense or defense.

446265[/snapback]

Ahh i see, next time, we'll have mularkey go on the field and pick up fletcher or spikes and set them down in the hole so the tackle can be made... :doh:

Who said that wasn't one of the coaching staff's responsibilities? :doh: 

It's hard to even dignify that statement given the differences between Williams/Gilbride's mentality and that of the current coaching staff. 

MULARKEY BAD!! :unsure:

446263[/snapback]

I don't see much diffence. Williams went 8-8 his first year. Mularky went 9-7. One game difference.

I have not seen any improvement in several years on thi team, other then at the running back position. We have had a top tier defense for quite a few years. We got that down. Mularky was brought in to improve the offense, well we now have had two traing camps, a great Oline coach supposedly, and a great QB coach. Why does this offense look even worse then the Killdrive squads?

Again, in case you missed it, which you did.  A coaches job is to adjust and put his players in position to make the play.  Mularky has not done that on offense or defense.

446265[/snapback]

did you ever think that he did put them in the right position and the Steelers executed better? Also, I believe Jerry Gray is the D coordinator

did you ever think that he did put them in the right position and the Steelers executed better? Also, I believe Jerry Gray is the D coordinator

446287[/snapback]

Yup and he sucked that game. :doh:

That and the fact his defense was on the field for 45 minutes.

A coaches job is to adjust and put his players in position to make the play. 

446265[/snapback]

In the position to make the play is the operative phrase. The coaches can't do it all. At some point, the players have to make the play. If they don't, it's their fault, not the coaches'.

We can argue pregame preperation all day long because nobody on this board knows how well/hard the Bills prepared for this game, but it's more than a small stretch to try to find fault with the coaches' gameday effort yesterday.

In the position to make the play is the operative phrase.  The coaches can't do it all.  At some point, the players have to make the play.  If they don't, it's their fault, not the coaches'.

446292[/snapback]

Agreed. The coaches can only do so much. You need to rely on players to be professionals and to their jobs correctly. You can blame the coaches if you see the exact same problems happening from game to game (fumbles by the same person, etc). This is something that the coaches need to pay special attention to in practice. Otherwise, the players need to step up and perform.

:doh:  So bad passing is only JPs fault if the CBs hold on to the ball?  :unsure:

Never mind that the defensive backs were jumping all over the receivers' routes all day because JP stares at his target before he throws...but it's still not his fault until a DB catches the ball instead of knocking it down. 

That's just weird, man...

446142[/snapback]

I actually see it as JP's unique talent. He throws perfect INT balls that aren't caught.

I don't see much diffence.  Williams went 8-8 his first year.  Mularky went 9-7.  One game difference. 

446282[/snapback]

We know we've had a disagreement bout your math ability, but this is getting ridiculous.

3-13 in first year doesn't equal 8-8.