Wide receivers

Tortured Soul

I seem to remember screaming throw the "$@#%" ball in bounds quite a few times.

445985[/snapback]

he kept throwing low, or to far away from the defender for even the WR to get it.

it wasnt untill the final drive, that he started making accurate throws.

i liked the no-huddle offense. i hope we use it more.

My uneducated opinion is that he started trying to be perfect with his throws after several early ones were nearly picked. He got rattled and he tried to find the 'open' receiver instead of anticipating where/when they would be open. When he did throw the ball he was trying to guide it and many sailed. One or two bounced. Overall a very sucky day.

It seemed to me, and I have watched a bit of the game again, that JP was not picking up on the fact that the Bucs were often giving Moulds a 10-yard cushion. I belive JP missed several great opportunities at hitting Moulds on quick outs that would have got the chains moving.

It seemed all JP was looking for was 10-15-yard throws along the sidelines. I suppose that could be something the coaches had directed JP to do, as those are tough passes to pick off. But it just wasn't working.

My uneducated opinion is that he started trying to be perfect with his throws after several early ones were nearly picked.  He got rattled and he tried to find the 'open' receiver instead of anticipating where/when they would be open.  When he did throw the ball he was trying to guide it and many sailed.  One or two bounced.  Overall a very sucky day.

446031[/snapback]

In essence, the Buc's D (re: CBs, mostly) got in his head. Wasn't seeing the field fully. Tried to place the ball where the defender couldn't possibly get an interception or knock the ball down, either sideline tiptoe, leading way out to the side, shoestring.... Unfortunately, when you lead your receivers in that manner, you make throws where they can't possibly make a catch either.

Welcome to the big leagues, kid. The Ds are going to be like this every week (unless you're playing the Texans or Cardinals). People need to give him a chance to fail b/c it's only through games like this that he's going to realize he needs to do better. It's called "grooming the QB." (And on that subject, JP really needs to get a haircut :doh:).

I was at the game. The first thing was that Losman was staring down his receivers the entire way - and that was made worse by the staff's insistence to run the same damn out pattern time after time after time. We kept waiting for them to at least attempt some throws down the field - at least make the defense think about and respect it, and if it is an interception it isn't as bad as a miscue on a 10 yard out pattern that potentially can get intercepted and returned for a touchdown (which almost happened twice). The lone Bills fan sitting in front of us was saying the same thing - throw the damn thing downfield - the OL was giving Losman adequate time most of the times he went back to pass.

BTW - I watched Jerman a few plays after he came in and he held his own in pass protection.

BTW - I watched Jerman a few plays after he came in and he held his own in pass protection.

446207[/snapback]

I thought so too, but after watching some of the tape I'm not so sure. Twice shortly after he came in I saw the D-line do something sneaky. The D-end grabbed Jerman and kinda fell backwards, pulling Jerman toward him. While this happened, someone else blitzed around the end. While this looked like Jerman really hit his man, the result was someone cominig clean from the end without getting chipped. I think after this happened twice, Jerman started standing up a bit more, not leaning into his man.

Those of you with those fancy new rectangular TVs: do they show the secondary with the extra screen space?

(Is the broadcast only letterbox for HD games?)

FYI, those 'fancy rectanglular TVs' do no good unless the broadcasts are in Hi-Def.

Apparently, CBS has opted only to broadcast their top 3 games each week in Hi-Def :doh: (see rants from others elsewhere) of which we seldom will be.

What you get is actually 'perpendicular letterbox', where the sides of the pic are blacked out instead of the top & bottom.

he kept throwing low, or to far away from the defender for even the WR to get it.

446002[/snapback]

Maybe the coaches went into a very conservative game plan against a

terrific defense playing in their backyard...and that FIRED back on US....

May be Losman was asked to cut down and throw only to the place where

the WR had any chance of getting to it....

I was at the game.... He was missing his wideouts just as much as he was missing his reads. The three step drops were telegraphed, and 5 step drops were usually thrown a few yards behind the receiver... Specifically on out routes where the receiver should only have a split second to turn for the ball and then catch it.

I was at the game.... He was missing his wideouts just as much as he was missing his reads.  The three step drops were telegraphed, and 5 step drops were usually thrown a few yards behind the receiver... Specifically on out routes where the receiver should only have a split second to turn for the ball and then catch it.

446339[/snapback]

Maybe it was the wide receiver fault, they were all running the wrong route. I am sure if JP would have yelled at them they would have fixed their route running.

FYI, those 'fancy rectanglular TVs' do no good unless the broadcasts are in Hi-Def.

Apparently, CBS has opted only to broadcast their top 3 games each week in Hi-Def  :) (see rants from others elsewhere) of which we seldom will be.

What you get is actually 'perpendicular letterbox', where the sides of the pic are blacked out instead of the top & bottom.

446267[/snapback]

If the game is broadcast in HD, can you see the secondary on most plays in the area blacked out on non-HD games? This would be strong justification for upgrading my TV, to see the pass coverage....

Thanks for the info.

I was at the game.  The first thing was that Losman was staring down his receivers the entire way - and that was made worse by the staff's insistence to run the same damn out pattern time after time after time.  We kept waiting for them to at least attempt some throws down the field - at least make the defense think about and respect it, and if it is an interception it isn't as bad as a miscue on a 10 yard out pattern that potentially can get intercepted and returned for a touchdown (which almost happened twice).  The lone Bills fan sitting in front of us was saying the same thing - throw the damn thing downfield - the OL was giving Losman adequate time most of the times he went back to pass. 

446207[/snapback]

Thanks for the report. Many of us don't see the game either live or on tv, and trends are hard to figure out on NFL.com's "Gamebook". They are kinda there inspecting the play-by-play, but they take time to digest and think about.

If the game is broadcast in HD, can you see the secondary on most plays in the area blacked out on non-HD games?

I only recently got an HD TV.

I'm not too up on the technical details (I was confused as it appeared that I have 3 channel 6s, which apparently I actually do.) but I think they do seperate telecasts.

I haven't taken the opportunity to compare the broadcasts side by side (when something is in HD the pic is too awesome to ruin it by scrunching it using PIP), so I don't really know.

Someone mentioned elsewhere that you can see both punter & returner on the same screen.

My opinion is that they 'shoot' the game basically the same except w/ the HD you're getting about 33% more width (16:9 ratio vs 4:3) which I don't think dramatically alters what you see.