The Bush library...

TPS

The genesis of young George's intellectual curiosity. A nugget from the Kitty Kelly book: :D

"But, as one of W's Yalie frat brothers tells Kelley, it's not the substance abuse in Bush's past that's disturbing, it's the "lack of substance ... Georgie, as we called him, had absolutely no intellectual curiosity about anything. He wasn't interested in ideas or in books or causes. He didn't travel; he didn't read the newspapers; he didn't watch the news; he didn't even go to the movies. How anyone got out of Yale without developing some interest in the world besides booze and sports stuns me." New Yorker writer Brendan Gill recalls roaming the Kennebunkport compound one night while staying there looking for a book to read - the only title he could find was The Fart Book."

the Kennebunkport compound one night while staying there looking for a book to read

Ah yes, I'm sure W. is the one who fills the shelves with reading materials at the family summer retreat.

He wasn't interested in ideas or in books or causes

Yeah, while I was in college I couldn't get enough of those causes and marches through campus. And books? Oh, I went through a book a week when it wasn't finals time. "he wasn't interested in ideas" - uh, not sure how to comment on that statement.

JK on the other hand wouldn't wipe his ass without first thinking how it would impact his future run for the presidency.

Wow, our first Kitty Kelly thread!  And here we thought the level of discourse couldn't get any lower.

Anyone who would be influenced in the slightest by this tabloid gossip monger deserves to be severely beaten.

31289[/snapback]

If Matt Drudge can be quoted here as the gospel I see little reason to put on airs and claim that Kitty is too low, even for us. :D

Wow, our first Kitty Kelly thread!  And here we thought the level of discourse couldn't get any lower.

Anyone who would be influenced in the slightest by this tabloid gossip monger deserves to be severely beaten.

31289[/snapback]

Have we, or should I say you, sunk to such a low level of discourse that you actually completely discount a direct quote from someone that isn't the author, just because the author is an idiot, even though the author's words or POV or thoughts are not hardly seen?

Have we, or should I say you, sunk to such a low level of discourse that you actually completely discount a direct quote from someone that isn't the author, just because the author is an idiot, even though the author's words or POV or thoughts are not hardly seen?

31304[/snapback]

Hardly seen? Are you suggesting that the author is not interjecting her own POV here?

As for the quote, I didn't see a name -- has this been verified somewhere else? M. Moore has certainly proven that the left will say or do anything, regardless of the truth, in an attempt to discredit Bush. So, while no I wouldn't automatically discount everything in the book, I certainly have a very high (and very appropriate) level of skepticsm for a Bush hater like Kitty Kelly. Just because she put quotes around it doesn't mean that's what was said.

Bush himself admits that he doesn't read papers or watch news or anything else. He relies on people around him to tell him what to think. Erego Karl Rove's nickname as "Bush's Brain".

And since Bush would never tell a lie, it must be the truth. So perhaps this author isn't just a trashmonger. Dunno - I don't have enough interest in the subject to bother.

If Matt Drudge can be quoted here as the gospel I see little reason to put on airs and claim that Kitty is too low, even for us. :P

31301[/snapback]

Hey, if you people are going to consider Kitty Kelley and Matt Drudge reliable and sound sources on par with real reporters like Dan Rather...

...oh, wait. Nevermind... :D

How flattering that you read them all.  But if you had you'd know that I post on all sorts of topics including FOOTBALL.

31364[/snapback]

Really? I've never seen you post on TSW. Your profile indicates 100% of your posts on PPP since the new board went up.

And much like NY Times editorials, you don't need to read all of your posts to know they all say the same thing.....BUSH BAD!

It was in "quotes". Kitty Kelley didnt say it. Even the lowest of scum, which she is, (please don't think for a second that I am sticking up for her. I don't believe a word she says). But I don't believe that even people of her slimeball character put actual quotation marks around a person's words that they didnt say. They paraphrase them when they lie, they don't quote them.