Mularkey on Sirius

jdubs

Mike Mularkey is on every Friday at 4pm with Adam shine and John Riggins. I love their interviews.

Basically they congraduatated MM on the win and said there were a whole lot of positives and the only negative was the Redzone.

MM replied that penalties were the cause of that and he broke them down. 8 penalties in the game. 4 on defense and 4 on offense. The 4 defense penalties was on the only Houston score and the 4 offense occcurred on 4 different Red zone opportunies. MM went on to say that he would rather deal with the penalties problem in the red zone then dealing with not gettnig there at all.

MM went on to say that this weeks practice was alot better then last years at this time after the JAX loss.

I think this team is going to play and play hard. I feel sorry for the Bucs.

oh MM also said that every team is going to try and stop the run to make JP beat them. Houston tried it and he thinks the Bucs will as well.

Personnally i hope they do because i think the Texans have better corners then the Bucs.

Personnally i hope they do because i think the Texans have better corners then the Bucs.

443369[/snapback]

I don't know if they are or not? The Bucs scheme does not leave their CBs isolated on the WRs. I'm have a pretty good idea that if you asked Barber or Kelly to do for the Bucs what Nate Clements does for the Bills, they'd be hard-pressed (no pun intended).

I dunno.  I just don't see JP as a liabliltiy like everyone else.

443451[/snapback]

it's not that folks see JP as a "liability" -- it's just that he has never faced these defenses live, and since TB has "fooled" QBs with far more experience than JP, it is only natural to expect that he'll have at least some difficulty reading the coverages.

then again, maybe he really is "special" and will pick it up immediately. i certainly hope that is the case, but i wouldn't want to wager on it.

anyway, i think that's why most of us are very cautious with respect to our expectations in this game, and put far more emphasis on the OL and running game -- and the ability of our own D to shut TB down and create turnovers -- than on the arm of JP.

the Texans have better corners then the Bucs...........

Texans have dante Robinson and Pat Buchanon who are 2 very good corners which couldn't stop our WR's. 

443451[/snapback]

It's actually Dunta Robinson and Phillip Buchanon. Robinson is probably going to be a good one but this is only his second year in the league. Buchanan might as well be running around with a bullseye on his jersey.

If you think either one of these guys is anywhere near the caliber of Ronde Barber or Brian Kelly, I'd have to heartily disagree. Dunta Robinson has the potential to approach that level of play someday, but Buchanan is a complete joke compared to the Tampa corners.

Everyone seems to be forgetting the fact that JP practices against the best defense in the league hands down! Everyone else pales in comparison, even Tampa.

443463[/snapback]

Thats what I was thinking too. I hope he looks at the film for the Bucs Defense and thinks, "These guys are no better than Our guys. I can throw on these guys."

Thats what I was thinking too. I hope he looks at the film for the Bucs Defense and thinks, "These guys are no better than Our guys. I can throw on these guys."

443473[/snapback]

Don't forget the kid spent ALOT of time in the film room. He'll do just fine. ;)

Mike Mularkey is on every Friday at 4pm with Adam shine and John Riggins.  I love their interviews.

Basically they congraduatated MM on the win and said there were a whole lot of positives and the only negative was the Redzone.

MM replied that penalties were the cause of that and he broke them down.  8 penalties in the game.  4 on defense and 4 on offense.  The 4 defense penalties was on the only Houston score and the 4 offense occcurred on 4 different Red zone opportunies.  MM went on to say that he would rather deal with the penalties problem in the red zone then dealing with not gettnig there at all. 

MM went on to say that this weeks practice was alot better then last years at this time after the JAX loss. 

I think this team is going to play and play hard.  I feel sorry for the Bucs.

oh MM also said that every team is going to try and stop the run to make JP beat them.  Houston tried it and he thinks the Bucs will as well. 

443369[/snapback]

I guess some of the lines above are your quotes and not MM...I can't think MM every will say "I feel sorry for the Bucs" in print....

I guess some of the lines above are your quotes and not MM...I can't think MM every will say "I feel sorry for the Bucs" in print....

443684[/snapback]

No I think thats exactly what he said. He said what he meant. He must have because he said it to me last night at The Sundowner too! ;)