NFL Sunday Ticket = blah.

jdubs

Is there any other way to watch Bills games if your out of state? I live in CT. and right now the only options I have are convincing a buddy to have people over (he can't this week, he's going to Dallas for the Monday night game) or go to a bar with the Sunday Ticket. I'm not paying $200+ dollars to get a dish and the package with all the games. I honestly think the games should be like a pay per view kinda deal if you live out of state. I could really care less about the other games, I just want to see the Bills!

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Is there any other way to watch Bills games if your out of state?  I live in CT. and right now the only options I have are convincing a buddy to have people over (he can't this week, he's going to Dallas for the Monday night game) or go to a bar with the Sunday Ticket.  I'm not paying $200+ dollars to get a dish and the package with all the games.  I honestly think the games should be like a pay per view kinda deal if you live out of state.  I could really care less about the other games, I just want to see the Bills!

442871[/snapback]

There's no other way. DirectTV still holds the exclusive rights on this and you can't get anything other than the whole package. Looks like it will be this way for a few years.

Is there any other way to watch Bills games if your out of state?  I live in CT. and right now the only options I have are convincing a buddy to have people over (he can't this week, he's going to Dallas for the Monday night game) or go to a bar with the Sunday Ticket.  I'm not paying $200+ dollars to get a dish and the package with all the games.  I honestly think the games should be like a pay per view kinda deal if you live out of state.  I could really care less about the other games, I just want to see the Bills!

442871[/snapback]

Welcome!

Your topic title wins the "Most Droll Statement" award, in my view. :(

Good show!

442871[/snapback]

But if PPV is like the boxing matches, you will be paying 29 per game, now you are well over the 200 per season you are worried about.

I live in CT. and right now the only options I have are convincing a buddy to have people over (he can't this week, he's going to Dallas for the Monday night game)

442871[/snapback]

So if your buddy's not using his house...

So if your buddy's not using his house...

442880[/snapback]

Winner, winner, winner,

Guy who works for me coming over to catch the Eagles came as I will be outta town for a wedding. Now, the hard part is staying away from the radio on the drive home till I can watch the game that night.

At least in the past, you could intercept the network feed direct from their satellite. (They might now use some sort of encryption.)

Of course that'll cost you probably $2k in equipment & the need to have a 6' dish in your yard.

Myself, I'd rather just pay for Sunday ticket for the 1/2 or so of the games that aren't covered by the local affiliates.

I think they should have a pay-per-game or per week option. I go to all the Bills Home Games, so for 8 weeks I miss all the 1pm games and most of the 4pm games. The Bills away games, I only watch the Bills game. The Sunday & Monday Primetime Games are on ESPN & ABC. I would like the option of just picking the other games that I want to watch- if any. I would probably buy Sunday Ticket for the Bills Away Game Weeks. DirecTv has the exclusive contract and they can gouge people whatever way they want but I bet alot more people would buy one game or a week of games.

jduds, welcome to the baord. I agree that the NFL really needs to offer another option, especailly for those of us who cannot get DirectTV because of various reasons. The problem is that DiretTV is making a killing with the exclusive rightst to NFL Ticket and will likely pay whatever it takes to keep those rights.

In the meantime, I started a Bills Backers group in my area and now watch the game each week (with sound) on a large flat screen with 20 other Bills fans. Good times!

Fezmid...

442918[/snapback]

Ok, I'll answer. :(

You CAN buy the games on a PPV basis. However, they cost $20/each (or maybe $30, I don't remember). There was a class action lawsuit several years back and that's what the courts decided.

So once again, the only people who benefit are the lawyers...

It's not a very widely advertised option (mainly because it's dumb), but it is there if you want it.

Otherwise, you're out of luck.

CW

442871[/snapback]

Fella .... if $200+ for the NFL TICKET isn't worth it to you to get ALL 16 BILLS games every week each season, then you're not a true & dedicated BILLS fan IMHO

When DIRECTV first came out in Nov '94 it was close to $1000 for the system. I live in So Calif since high school and I would've sold my car or anything else if it meant I'd have the money for the system so that I'd never ever have to miss another BILLS game ever again ...

Now the system is dirt cheap compared to when it debuted ... Step to the plate FFS, yer just gonna end up spending that money on something else of less importance anyway.

:(

As a longtime Direct TV User I have to tell you that this is the only way to go.

The dish and receiver basically costs nothing. You simply pay for programming. NFL Sunday Ticket costs only $219.00 and it is broken down into four payments to make it affordable for you. Plus for the 1st four months you have the premier movie package for $59.00 per month.

Face up to reality, get one of the great deals on a dish and receiver, pony up for the programming and watch the Bills in your home every week.

I have three receivers and I have the Bills games on my big screen, and a 36 inch and 30 inch tuned to two additional games of interest.

This week for example, I am watching the Bills-Bucs on the 55 inch, the Jagurs and Colts and the Patriots - Panthers on the other two TV's.

The great thing is that with one dish, you can have up to four seperate receivers and each receiver can be programmed individually, so you can get multiple games for just one NFL Sunday Ticket package. Also, you can order NFL SuperFan and get GameMix which shows 8 games at once, and the red zone channel and shows an edited 30 review of each game starting at midnight each Sunday.

It is the best money you will ever spend

442871[/snapback]

As a longtime Direct TV User I have to tell you that this is the only way to go.

The dish and receiver basically costs nothing.  You simply pay for programming.  NFL Sunday Ticket costs only $219.00 and it is broken down into four payments to make it affordable for you.  Plus for the 1st four months you have the premier movie package for $59.00 per month.

Face up to reality, get one of the great deals on a dish and receiver, pony up for the programming and watch the Bills in your home every week.

I have three receivers and I have the Bills games on my big screen, and a 36 inch and 30 inch tuned to two additional games of interest.

This week for example, I am watching the Bills-Bucs on the 55 inch, the Jagurs and Colts and the Patriots - Panthers on the other two TV's. 

The great thing is that with one dish, you can have up to four seperate receivers and each receiver can be programmed individually, so you can get multiple games for just one NFL Sunday Ticket package.  Also, you can order NFL SuperFan and get GameMix which shows 8 games at once, and the red zone channel and shows an edited 30 review of each game starting at midnight each Sunday.

It is the best money you will ever spend

442929[/snapback]

Are you my clone ? :(

Fella .... if $200+ for the NFL TICKET isn't worth it to you to get ALL 16 BILLS games every week each season, then you're not a true & dedicated BILLS fan IMHO

When DIRECTV first came out in Nov '94 it was close to $1000 for the system.  I live in So Calif since high school and I would've sold my car or anything else if it meant I'd have the money for the system so that I'd never ever have to miss another BILLS game ever again ...

Now the system is dirt cheap compared to when it debuted ... Step to the plate FFS, yer just gonna end up spending that money on something else of less importance anyway.

:(

442927[/snapback]

I'm not around every week, some Sundays I can't even get to a TV, so I'd rather spend money on a game to game basis rather than buy the whole package. I don't care about any of the other games. I was thinking about getting Sirius so I can at least listen to the games on the radio, but it's not the same as seeing TKO level someone live on TV :(

Don't think I'm your clone but as a displaced Bills fan living in San Diego, I had no option. I would have sold blood & plasma to get my Bills fix each week.

Do you have the Superfan package also?

Nothing better then an NFL Sunday Morning, with all day to just kick back and watch football. At halftime take a swim in the pool and catch the 2nd half and then go into the late games followed by the Sunday Night Game.

Just have a great life. Hope you do too.

Are you my clone ?     :(

442934[/snapback]