Buccaneer Message Boards

This post isn't too bad though: (posted by Bills fan)

Bills Vs Bucs... How do the teams stack up?

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Have at it sailors.....

QB: TB, Don't get me wrong, Greise isn't good, but Losman is facing his first REAL D.

RB: BUF, Willis is an elite back, i like Caddy but we stuff ALL RB's

WR: BUF, Emo, Sweetlee 83, are better.... Clayton is good, but he and Evans fought it out for best rookie last year... do you like yards or TD's? Moulds is way better than Galloway.

OL: Push, don't know much about yours, ours played well week 1, I don't like Walker, or

TE Push, no dominant TE in the game... although your rook played well, I'm not sold yet...but I'm leaning TB

DL Push, Rice is a force, Schoebl and Kelsay as a group I like better. Our interior is better, Havan is crap, Macfarland ....crap

LB: BUF, Spikes, Fletch vs Quarles and Brooks would be a push, Posey is better than Nece... Bills have faster LBs.

DB: BUF, Barber is good, but not Nate Clements good, McGee and Kelly are a wash... our interior, Milloy and Vincent, have about 25 years ex, about 10 probowls, and probably about 30 INT's between them.... They make the difference

ST: BUF, we had the best special teams in football last year, you still haven't returned a kickoff for a TD... don't start Sunday

P: Push, Moorman is one of the leagues best, biudwell not bad either... home field makes this a push

K: TB, five for five, smive for smive...I hate Lindell.

There you have it, we are the better team. Prove me wrong.

Fans:  Buffalo-- We are "wallers", they are "sailors".  nuff said on that topic.

The game will not be a blowout, but people who think that a rookie RB will put 140 on us are crazy.  Bills win by 10 here.

439468[/snapback]

Not to mention the fact that Buick was averaging around 3 ypc against a team that couldn't stop my grandmother last year (though they did make some improvements) until he ripped off a 76 yarder on his last carry...stats do lie sometimes. This kid will be lucky to get 70 yds this week. Just like people are saying that this is JPs first time against a real D well this is Carnell's first time against a real D.

what i DONT understand is WHY wyobilzfan must CAPITALIZE various WORDS throughout his post.  it's very disconcerting and MAKES me wonder what HIS point might be.

439470[/snapback]

Umm.. what HER point might be, since I believe "wyo" is female. I'm thinking I remember her from the early days of Billszone.

I won't bash the board "wyo" mods, but I will note that the average age of the posters there appears to be 16... maybe the capitalizations are an attempt to get the kids to listen? Dunno.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Have at it sailors.....

QB: TB, Don't get me wrong, Greise isn't good, but Losman is facing his first REAL D.

WR: BUF, Emo, Sweetlee 83, are better.... Clayton is good, but he and Evans fought it out for best rookie last year... do you like yards or TD's? Moulds is way better than Galloway.

OL: Push, don't know much about yours, ours played well week 1, I don't like Walker, or

TE Push, no dominant TE in the game... although your rook played well, I'm not sold yet...but I'm leaning TB

DL Push, Rice is a force, Schoebl and Kelsay as a group I like better. Our interior is better, Havan is crap, Macfarland ....crap

LB: BUF, Spikes, Fletch vs Quarles and Brooks would be a push, Posey is better than Nece... Bills have faster LBs.

DB: BUF, Barber is good, but not Nate Clements good, McGee and Kelly are a wash... our interior, Milloy and Vincent, have about 25 years ex, about 10 probowls, and probably about 30 INT's between them.... They make the difference

ST: BUF, we had the best special teams in football last year, you still haven't returned a kickoff for a TD... don't start Sunday

P: Push, Moorman is one of the leagues best, biudwell not bad either... home field makes this a push

439459[/snapback]

This poster makes some fair points, but at the same time clearly homers himself toward the Bills......

QB - Even. Only for the simple fact that I don't think Griese matches up well against the Bills type of blitzing defense. JP is still an unknown.

RB - Bills. Willis vs. a rookie. More importantly, their rookie vs. a good defense is a bigger key factor. If JP pitches a stinker in this game, their running game may be better if our D is on the field alot of the game. Hopefully that won't happen.

WR - Bills. Moulds and Lee are better period. And, the better JP gets, the more those two will produce.

OL - TB. Slight edge in this game due to the fact that they are playing at home. TB had a pourous line also, but so is ours. This is our first road game, and on grass. Their home crowd will push ours below theirs a tad. If this game was in Buffalo, you could probably reverse this and give the edge to the Bills for the same reason.

TE's - TB. Period. Ours are horrible. They have a very athletic, young TE. Although ours played pretty well Sunday, about as good as they could, they still weren't a huge factor.

DL - TB. Ours is solid. Just because we are behind, doesn't mean this matchup hurts us. The fact that we have Adams is enough to say we are better inside. The fact that they have Rice means he could make a game changing play. They are slightly better, if at all.

LB's - Bills. I'm going to go by this guy's logic, because I don't know much about TB's other LB. Spikes and Fletch are a tad better than Brooks and Quarles. Reason, Brooks is an A+ Linebacker. Spikes is an A, Fletcher is a B+. Quarles is a B. I give us a slight advantage there. I don't think Posey is really better than their guy. However, although Brooks is the best LB on the field, I think Spikes and Fletcher would give us a better 1-2. I'm thinking the Bills are better here, but who knows. It's close because of Brooks, and the fact that Posey is slow, and Fletcher can't cover RB's when he gets isolated on them.

DB - Bills - I am convinced we have the best secondary in the league because of Milloy and Vincent at Safety. Seriously, who has more talent at CB and S than we do? Question is, can this be one of the best defensive secondaries ever? That all depends on how well our season goes.

P - Tie. Who knows. Moorman was a little off Sunday.

K - TB Until Lindell makes a key kick, I think Bills nation holds it's breath every kick he makes.

Outcome - The key to this game is going to be how much of the home field advantage swings the even parts of this matchup to one team or the other. We are ahead of TB in a number of spots, but will the homefield as well as grass negate what we can really do?

Have at it sailors.....

439459[/snapback]

I think for the most part you are right. But they have a few super stars on their team that are playmakers. And McFarland is not crap. He's a solid football player

While interesting at the start, that thread is like most threads on our PPP board - some right wing wacko points out some fringe lefty whackjob doing something nutty and says "liberals are morons" followed by a slew of "hallelujah!s" from the faithful - closely followed by a radical response pointing out moral equivalence from some nut job on the right.

Even if a discussion starts as insightful and thought-provoking, it usually digresses quickly as the militants on each side take over. ;)

Why the hell would the Bills choose to wear dark jerseys on a hot day at home? As the home team, don't we have a choice? Wouldn't we wear white?

439747[/snapback]

If the game were played in buffalo, the bills would have a choice. Since the game is being played in Tampa, we don't!

the LINK

and one last thought:  Why do they think weather will be an issue?  WNY is on record for having one of the hottest summer's ever.

GO BILLS -

439438[/snapback]

They think we all live in igloos up here. Supposed to be 85-90 today here btw. So no, I don't think the weather will make a damn bit of difference Sunday. Sorry, Bucs fans.

So no, I don't think the weather will make a damn bit of difference Sunday. Sorry, Bucs fans.

439911[/snapback]

It does make a difference. If you've never experienced the heat and humidity here it's hard to believe. Lets hope the Bills score often and early and dont fade in the second half.