JP Losman

Mile High

From the preseason games or the game on Sunday see how accurate he throws on the run. I have never seen a qb in all my years watching football throw a ball more accuate than he does on the run. Especially anything under 20 yards. It seems like a lost art. Maybe Fran the man or Stabler from back in the day. But, todays qb's really don't throw as accurate on the run as they used to. Mc Nabb and Vick can both run very well but they really aren't pin point when it comes to running and throwing. Maybe it's from his days at Tulane. Who knows... Just a thought.

I know a lot of people may disagree, but Vick can be pretty accurate on the run -- last night for example.

Also, Mile High, I assume you remember that other #7 -- not Flutie -- Elway.

All that said, I think J.P. has a shot at being something every special.

Not to take away from JP; he had a superb game for a first outing, but did you ever see John Elway?  :devil:

439036[/snapback]

Elway was good on the run yes I agree with all of you totally. I would put him under the same category as Steve Young as far as throwing on the run.

I know a lot of people may disagree, but Vick can be pretty accurate on the run -- last night for example.

Also, Mile High, I assume you remember that other #7 -- not Flutie -- Elway.

All that said, I think J.P. has a shot at being something every special.

439025[/snapback]

i think most AGREE that Vick is very accurate on the run. but i think he is VERY INACCURATE while in the pocket.

he can be something special. but this was just 1 game. we have to wait and see how he handles the game. and when defenses watch film and come up with defenses to mess with him.

Actually, I think that was one of Kelly's greatest strengths was his accuracy on the move.

There was also a somewhat weak armed QB that the 9ers had that was quite successful a large part due to throwing on the move.

I like the looks of Losman throwing - good technique (usually), athletic, quick release. I haven't seen enough passes to make a reasonable assessment as to his accuracy either from the pocket or on the move yet.

The thing I noticed is how effortlessly Losman throws the ball......

- When he decides he is going to throw it....its out of there

- Watching him put touch on the ball for a screen pass brought tears to my eyes....haven't seen that for a while

- How about the long pass to Evans.....the way he through that ball it was like he was trying to put a light "English" on it...whatever he did...it was great.

We have not even seen the limits of his arm yet.

- How about the long pass to Evans.....the way he through that ball it was like he was trying to put a light "English" on it...whatever he did...it was great.

439187[/snapback]

AUUUUUGH! Threw! Threw! Threw! Sorry to pick on you John as it seems half the people here do it but the past tense of throw is threw!

:devil:

....as you were...

AUUUUUGH!  Threw!  Threw!  Threw!  Sorry to pick on you John as it seems half the people here do it but the past tense of throw is threw!

....as you were...

439192[/snapback]

et too Dan Gross?

John--I loved the screen passes as well. A beautiful play when properly executed.

et too Dan Gross?

John--I loved the screen passes as well.  A beautiful play when properly executed.

439197[/snapback]

English minor. I read this message board through gritted teeth sometimes, and it's not always due to the opinions...

BTW, I'm sure you used "too" instead of "tu" just to infuriate me, didn't you? :devil:

AUUUUUGH!  Threw!  Threw!  Threw!  Sorry to pick on you John as it seems half the people here do it but the past tense of throw is threw!

....as you were...

439192[/snapback]

Are you threw with your little rant? :devil:

I was very surprised at the fact how he scrambled within the pocket. Usually QBs will run outside the tackles and look up field. I like how Losman seemed to know where the pass rushers were and stepped forward and pretty much ran around a small area in the pocket.

I was very surprised at the fact how he scrambled within the pocket. Usually QBs will run outside the tackles and look up field. I like how Losman seemed to know where the pass rushers were and stepped forward and pretty much ran around a small area in the pocket.

His one sack resulted from a man (who was poorly blocked by S.Williams) catching him from behind.

Granted, we/I haven't seen much of him, but possibly either due to running for his life at Tulane or some innate sense, he seems to have good pocket awareness.