Anyone scared of Atlanta?

PromoTheRobot

worried about Vick... the scramble he had in the 4th was incredible... just so fast... i think it will be a marvel to see how gray gameplans for him... would love to see our talented defense hold him to less than 10 yards rushing.

worried about Vick... the scramble he had in the 4th was incredible... just so fast... i think it will be a marvel to see how gray gameplans for him... would love to see our talented defense hold him to less than 10 yards rushing.

438600[/snapback]

Vick will make some plays, but IMO he is the most over hyped player in the NFL. He still can't make throws unless he has scrambled for so long coverage breakdown, and for the 5-6 spectacular plays he makes a game he makes just as many horrible ones.

The Bills will fly around, utilize their team speed, and make Vick look like he usually does against top defenses, BAD.

So I'm not worried about Vick, but I would be worried about Atlanta’s defense. They have been a sack machine the last couple years and looked stellar against the Eagle offense. This week JP and the offense will get a look at a great D, that should help our chances against Atlanta.

Vick will make some plays, but IMO he is the most over hyped player in the NFL. He still can't make throws unless he has scrambled for so long coverage breakdown, and for the 5-6 spectacular plays he makes a game he makes just as many horrible ones.

The Bills will fly around, utilize their team speed, and make Vick look like he usually does against top defenses, BAD.

So I'm not worried about Vick, but I would be worried about Atlanta’s defense. They have been a sack machine the last couple years and looked stellar against the Eagle offense. This week JP and the offense will get a look at a great D, that should help our chances against Atlanta.

438601[/snapback]

EXACTALY!!! The Biggest difference between our defense and phillys is speed, can anyone honestly other then trotter who didn't play name the eagles starting lbs? The eagles have a nice little defense, but I really believe our d is a hell of a lot faster then just about every defense in the nfl, with the exception of maybe 1 or 2. While Philly blitzed their safeties, I think we have more options, to come with lb's corners, safeties, and bring it from more directions then just off the corners. Teams with good lb's are the teams that have been able to control vick. I think we make him look bad, the team I'm worried about in the nfc south is carolina even without kris jenkins that defense can be lethal, and delhomme is brady esque.

I know we have the Bucs next but watching the Falcons beat the Eagles just now, I can't say I'm real impressed.  Looks a lot like playground football, no discipline.  Same for the Beagles.

PTR

438595[/snapback]

There are only a few teams in the NFL that don't worry me, and Atlanta is certainly NOT on the list.

They are a well coached team with some true talent on the DL, and yes, I think that Vick is a fine player. He may not be as good as the hype, but his athleticism is virtually unsurpassed.

The main clear edge I give to the Bills in this game is Vick's penchant for going to his tight ends. I feel like our safeties can take them out of the game. I am also having a hard time visualizing their rbs getting a ton of yardage, but it will be a very tough game.

Gray loves to blitz, and Vick loves to run by blitzers. Imo, the Bills will need lots of points to win.

I know that most posters tend to right Vick off as pure hype, but I think that he is the real deal, and Atlanta is my NFC superbowl pick.

Jmo.

Too early to be talking about this, but Atlanta will be a tough test for the Bills. The prescription for beating them seems to be getting the defense to sit back and play contain. Watch how Tampa has defensed Vick (with much success). Our defense isn't about sitting back, it is all about attacking. The big question going into this game will be whether JG tries to rein in his horses, and whether they can be successful playing a different style of defense. Blitzing the crap out of Vick will work on occasion, but he will get his too. So what do you armchair DCs do for the Atlanta game?

Speaking of Tampa--it will be interesting to see how they gameplan the Bills. Do they play a defense that contains JP or one that puts constant pressure on him? He aint Vick, but he can move.

They did beat the NFC champs, regardless of how ugly the game was. Their defense played well and contrary to the popular opinion here in Philly, Jerimiah Trotter does not play offense.

I did chalk that ATL game up as a win before the season started though. We just seem to own overrated NFC teams in our stadium. I think Tampa this week will be a tougher game.

438601[/snapback]

my only consern with "speed" is London Fletcher. he was not fast enough to catch D. Carr. Carr would pull away. if carr can do that, what will vick do??

if you manage to contain M. Vick and contain the run game, then you force the secondary to cover recievers for a very long time. this is where most of vicks #s come from. i like our tallent level in the secondary, but we need to keep vick off the field as long as possible.

I don't know how you can't be afraid of the Falcons. Their defense was flying yesterday. That defense will be a lot of trouble for our offense. Also, in the first half, I was very impressed with the Falcons OL. The holes Dunn had to run through were huge. Our biggest advantage in this game is that its at the Ralph.

Vick needs to get use to these young and new recievers. Jenkins/Dez White/Roddy White and Brian Finneran don't exactly strike fear in to anyones hearts. Atlanta's passing game is dictated by how their running game fairs. The interesting thing about the Falcons is you really can't stack eight in the box to stop the run b/c they have the ability to get outside both through Dunn and Vick. So, if the Bills can shut down the Falcons run game, which is entirely possible it's going to be a tough game for Vick seeing our secondary is just as good as the Eagles.

I'd look for a ton of screen plays in this game by the Falcons.

And to boot, as the Realist mentioned, they have one of the most underrated D's in the league. Everyone was overlooking that last year b/c they play in the NFC but they attack the ball.

Vick needs to get use to these young and new recievers. Jenkins/Dez White/Roddy White and Brian Finneran don't exactly strike fear in to anyones hearts. Atlanta's passing game is dictated by how their running game fairs. The interesting thing about the Falcons is you really can't stack eight in the box to stop the run b/c they have the ability to get outside both through Dunn and Vick. So, if the Bills can shut down the Falcons run game, which is entirely possible it's going to be a tough game for Vick seeing our secondary is just as good as the Eagles.

I'd look for a ton of screen plays in this game by the Falcons.

438897[/snapback]

Stopping the running game will be key. Once the Eagles did that, the Falcons couldn't do much.

I love the Bills chances against Atlanta b/c it seems that Ron Mexico is capable of blowing a game by trying to make that big play. He accounted for 3 turnovers himself last night and I think Philly wasn't the same after the pregame fight and after McNabb took that shot on his interception. Philly is def. the better team and should have won if circumstances prevailed.

I see Mexico being harassed all game long and having a dismal outing--I just hope the Bills can take advantage of these oppoutunities and score some points agianst their D which is pretty stout. Should be a great game and thank God it is in our backyard.

Philly lost last night because they were not playing as a team.

They acted like a bunch of players that did not care what the other players on their team was doing. Case in point was the TD by Westbrook. The WR made a nice block to help him into the end zone but after the play just shook his head and walked away. I'm not sure who the WR was but all I know is that if it was the Bills the players would be congratulating each other not looking discussed.