Josh Reed

Indy Dave

From Pro Football Weekly's "Whispers Around the NFL"...

Though Josh Reed was one of the seven receivers on the Bills' opening-week roster, word is he will have to impress the coaching staff in the first few weeks of the season in order to keep his spot on the team. That's because once rookie Roscoe Parrish is healthy enough to return, he will be in the lineup, filling the No. 3 WR role. Working against Reed is the fact that he doesn't play special teams.

From Pro Football Weekly's "Whispers Around the NFL"...

Though Josh Reed was one of the seven receivers on the Bills' opening-week roster, word is he will have to impress the coaching staff in the first few weeks of the season in order to keep his spot on the team. That's because once rookie Roscoe Parrish is healthy enough to return, he will be in the lineup, filling the No. 3 WR role. Working against Reed is the fact that he doesn't play special teams.

438134[/snapback]

The Bills do not need to cut Reed to activate Parrish. They might be more inclined to make him inactive until they are convinced that the Roscoe's wrist can take a full game of hits.

The Bills do not need to cut Reed to activate Parrish.  They might be more inclined to make him inactive until they are convinced that the Roscoe's wrist can take a full game of hits.

438139[/snapback]

It's not easy to imagine they will keep seven WRs on the team, and I would bet anything that if Roscoe was not hurt that they would have kept six. One thing that surprised me a lot was that George Wilson was activated for the game and he started on the KO team (and perhaps other ST, I didn't notice). Josh Reed really does not play special teams except for an emergency returner, which we really don't need. Aiken played a lot, and blocked well and played ST well. I would not be surprised at all if Josh Reed got cut. Another thing that was a minor surprise was that Fast Freddie was not the PR while Nate had a sore shoulder, even though he was activated.

The Bills do not need to cut Reed to activate Parrish.  They might be more inclined to make him inactive until they are convinced that the Roscoe's wrist can take a full game of hits.

The Bills don't need to cut JR, but he was probably kept because Parrish was going to be inactive for several games, thus leaving them with 6 availabe WR's. Once Parrish comes back, no need for 7 available WR's. I say trade him right now to Green Bay for a box of tape!

Once Parrish is ready, Reed is either 1 injury or at most 5-6 weeks from now from being gone, because Everett & Thomas will be eligible to come off PUP. Reed wouldn't be in so much danger if he wasn't in the last year of his contract, but because he won't be back next year, the younger WRs with more time left before FA will get the benefit of the doubt over him. ...and...when he does get cut, it will shut up all the ones who have been saying "TD's too arrogant to cut a 2nd rounder" . They'll probably say "TD's too arrogant to keep a player he knows won't re-sign."

after seeing JP yell at him , he might be cut .

438153[/snapback]

Yea, what's with that? Any mention in the local media? Left town right after game and turned 107.7 on till Syracuse because the post game show stunk. (and by the way...that's a fricken great radio station!!!)

What's the story, for those of us unfortunate saps who couldn't see the game?

438206[/snapback]

Reed went the wrong way & JP started yelling at him as they walked back to the sideline together. Then he handed Reed off to Tom Clements for more punishment. From what others have said, they made up later & everything is fine. I got a good laugh when it was happening because it was very Kelly-like and definitely not something RJ would ever have done.

Reed went the wrong way & JP started yelling at him as they walked back to the sideline together.  Then he handed Reed off to Clements for more punishment.  From what others have said, they made up later & everything is fine.  I got a good laugh when it was happening because it was very Kelly-like and definitely not something RJ would ever have done.

438216[/snapback]

Sounds like a good omen! Thanks -

Once Parrish is ready, Reed is either 1 injury or at most 5-6 weeks from now from being gone, because Everett & Thomas will be eligible to come off PUP.  Reed wouldn't be in so much danger if he wasn't in the last year of his contract, but because he won't be back next year, the younger WRs with more time left before FA will get the benefit of the doubt over him.  ...and...when he does get cut, it will shut up all the ones who have been saying "TD's too arrogant to cut a 2nd rounder" .  They'll probably say "TD's too arrogant to keep a player he knows won't re-sign."

438156[/snapback]

re: Everett and Thomas coming off the PUP, I'll believe it when I see it. I'm not convinced either one will play a down for Buffalo this year....

But yeah, the ice Reed is skating on keeps getting thinner and thinner.

Was it that Reed ran the wrong way, or did he run his route short of the stick (It was a third down play) ? Either way, it's not acceptable, though it may make a difference in the minds of the coaches. I don't know.

JR does play special teams BTW, which might make one atleast pause when considering the validity of that commentary.

re: Everett and Thomas coming off the PUP, I'll believe it when I see it. I'm not convinced either one will play a down for Buffalo this year....

But yeah, the ice Reed is skating on keeps getting thinner and thinner.

438273[/snapback]

I think Everett has a much better shot than Thomas. Unless we get some DB injuries, Thomas will never play in a Bills uniform again. If Everett is ready, they'll carry 4 TE's before they finish the season with 7 WRs.

I think Everett has a much better shot than Thomas.  Unless we get some DB injuries, Thomas will never play in a Bills uniform again.  If Everett is ready, they'll carry 4 TE's before they finish the season with 7 WRs.

438355[/snapback]

As soon as I heard "microfracture" in regards to KThomas' knee surgery, I figured he wouldn't be back any time soon... if ever. And considering the Bills are only carrying 4 CBs, I might prefer they sign someone there instead of activating Everett.

As soon as I heard "microfracture" in regards to KThomas' knee surgery, I figured he wouldn't be back any time soon... if ever. And considering the Bills are only carrying 4 CBs, I might prefer they sign someone there instead of activating Everett.

Yeah I think Thomas is done. Everett SHOULD be done, seeing as how he missed all of mini- and training camp and will be just coming back from injury. But stranger things have happened.

Copied-and-pasted from ESPN Insider:

• Though Josh Reed was one of the seven receivers on the Bills' opening-week roster, word is he will have to impress the coaching staff in the first few weeks of the season in order to keep his spot on the team. That's because once rookie Roscoe Parrish is healthy enough to return, he will be in the lineup, filling the No. 3 WR role. Working against Reed is the fact that he doesn't play special teams.

Edit: Sorry, didn't realize this was posted yesterday :doh: