Jim Nance predicts Texans will beat the Bills

1billsfan

I don't think it was Peter King, it was reputed to be Dr. Z with the statement about Losman.

I've read the SI article.  It wasn't Dr. Z either.  It was in a statement made by an unnamed opposing coach who said that the reports out of Tulane claimed Losman was too cocky and not well liked.  So this has grown to a rumor on top of a rumor from unattributed sources concerning a state of affairs that MAY have existed two years ago when JP was still in college.

435268[/snapback]

Peter King said it on the Mike and Mad Dog show (WFAN in NYC) this afternoon. Telling me I was wrong is pretty cocky fella.

:lol:

...is not a popular guy in the locker room. Apparently too cocky for some of the players.

435229[/snapback]

I'm not sure why this type of info is newsworthy or would surprise anyone. I'm sure there are cliques in every locker room and there are players who rarely speak to each other. I'm not saying it's to the level of TO & McNabb, but I'm sure it exists.

To think that in order to be successful, teams must have 53 players who hold hands and sing kumbaya is far fetched. All the HC needs to do, is keep it from getting out of control like what is happening in Philly.

...is not a popular guy in the locker room.

435229[/snapback]

Could be a cleanliness thing....maybe personal hygiene and grooming...I mean if I had hair--I wouldn't wear a mop like that.

A pro athlete being cocky and possibly not liked by all his teammates...pick me up off the floor.

One reminder--arguably our best QB in the post Kelly era (not saying much) was a short, evil, sub-plotting little madman who wore the same number as JP. :lol::lol:

By the way, Nance played for Syracuse in college. He was a Pat (and later a Jet) in the NFL. And his listed hometown is Indiana, PA.

435285[/snapback]

You sure you're not talking about this guy?

http://www.footballcardgallery.com/1970+Kelloggs/8

I have no idea what CBS broadcaster Jim Nance's background is. But from the interviews I've seen of him (e.g., on Leno once), he's more interested in doing golf and the Winter Olympics than NFL Football. Thus, I would never take his predictions--which are probably hand-fed to him by someone else--seriously.

You sure you're not talking about this guy?

http://www.footballcardgallery.com/1970+Kelloggs/8

I have no idea what CBS broadcaster Jim Nance's background is. But from the interviews I've seen of him (e.g., on Leno once), he's more interested in doing golf and the Winter Olympics than NFL Football. Thus, I would never take his predictions--which are probably hand-fed to him by someone else--seriously.

435327[/snapback]

:lol: My bad. Thanks for the correction. :lol:

All this talk about JP's unpopularity make me think of the old campfire story analogy--the same damn "arrogant" comments from the 2004 draft keeps getting passed around from reporter to reporter to TV host etc., and none of these guys have ever come to training camp, talked to any Bills players, or done a shread of background work to see if it's true.

Thank God we'll have real football games to talk about after Sunday.

I wiped up stuff more important than Jim Nantz off of my bathroom floor this AM. Who gives a crap what he thinks about anything? My hooker's pimp said that the Bills are going to win by 17 on Sunday. That's just as credible of a prediction.

Peter King said it on the Mike and Mad Dog show (WFAN in NYC) this afternoon. Telling me I was wrong is pretty cocky fella.

:lol:

435288[/snapback]

Looks like he was repeating drivel and using the SI column as a source. Which I think is entirely possible in his case( I don't respect his work ).