This will be unpopular...

Kipers Hair

I am going to go way out on a limb and say that Losman is going to gain more yards on the ground than McGahee...

Unless Willis and the O-line were playing possum in the preseason games I saw, I really think he's going to disappoint a lot of people this year. I think Bledsoe was horrible, however, he forced other defenses to respect the long ball. At this time, Losman will command no respect. I hope he's the next Brett Favre or Steve Young, but don't really see that happening this year.

All said - Losman will scramble enbough to outgain Willis Sunday....

Now let your explatives and insults fly...If you care to deliver them in person, I'll be on the visitors side, 30 yardline closer to the scoreboard, 15 rows up...

I guess I'd expect a pessimistic post by someone named "Henry Fumbles." :unsure:

But you'd be surprised how much playing a full game and getting into a rhythm makes a difference for a RB and o-line. WM didn't get enough carries in pre-season to do that (except maybe the Bears game, where we grinded out our running game against a tough defense). I fully expect him to get into that rhythm on Sunday and run for 100 yards.

Outside of Bennie Anderson, I thought the OLine looked pretty good in the preseason. Unfortunately Anderson was so bad that if he continues in that vein, the Bills will have to get him off the field poste-haste before he single-handedly kills the offense.

I'm lookng forward to seeing how opposing D's look after we've been leaning on them for 3qrtrs, as opposed to just a handful of Willis carries in the first half. I'm also looking forward to a stedy diet of 8manfronts. If we block it well we can end up with Willis cramming his fist down a lot of safeties' throats. It should also create a lot time and space for JP outside the pocket. And with only one safety over the top, Moulds and Evans may end up with a lot of room to roam.

And if anybody has anything to say about it I'll be on my home couch, right hand side, about 5feet from the television.

I think Bledsoe was horrible, however, he forced other defenses to respect the long ball.  At this time, Losman will command no respect.  I hope he's the next Brett Favre or Steve Young, but don't really see that happening this year.

434594[/snapback]

First, I don't think anyone, even J.P. himself, sees the next Young or Farve coming out this year.

As for the comment on the long ball, I believe MM intentionally kept J.P. from throwing the long ball in the preseason just so one or two people like you would think exactly what you said here. Unfortunately, NFL coaches are smarter than that. I am very confident that J.P. will be able to put the ball down field and on target when he needs to. If that was a weakness for him, I would think MM and Wyche would want J.P. to have worked on it in the preseason.

I guess I'd expect a pessimistic post by someone named "Henry Fumbles."  :unsure:

But you'd be surprised how much playing a full game and getting into a rhythm makes a difference for a RB and o-line. WM didn't get enough carries in pre-season to do that (except maybe the Bears game, where we grinded out our running game against a tough defense). I fully expect him to get into that rhythm on Sunday and run for 100 yards.

434613[/snapback]

I hope so.

Outside of Bennie Anderson, I thought the OLine looked pretty good in the preseason. Unfortunately Anderson was so bad that if he continues in that vein, the Bills will have to get him off the field poste-haste before he single-handedly kills the offense.

I'm lookng forward to seeing how opposing D's look after we've been leaning on them for 3qrtrs, as opposed to just a handful of Willis carries in the first half. I'm also looking forward to a stedy diet of 8manfronts. If we block it well we can end up with Willis cramming his fist down a lot of safeties' throats. It should also create a lot time and space for JP outside the pocket. And with only one safety over the top, Moulds and Evans may end up with a lot of room to roam.

And if anybody has anything to say about it I'll be on my home couch, right hand side, about 5feet from the television.

434615[/snapback]

No offense but go look at the tapes again. Teague was brutal against the Lions. Someone I know was at the game snapping pix and it seems everytime he did Teague was having his guy blow right by him. Preston on the otherhand who spelled Teague on occassion with the 1st team, seemed to really hold his own. While I do agree Andersons penalties have been bad, Teague has been just plain old unable to block.

I am going to go way out on a limb and say that Losman is going to gain more yards on the ground than McGahee... 

Unless Willis and the O-line were playing possum in the preseason games I saw, I really think he's going to disappoint a lot of people this year.  I think Bledsoe was horrible, however, he forced other defenses to respect the long ball.  At this time, Losman will command no respect.  I hope he's the next Brett Favre or Steve Young, but don't really see that happening this year.

Now let your explatives and insults fly...If you care to deliver them in person, I'll be on the visitors side, 30 yardline closer to the scoreboard, 15 rows up...

434594[/snapback]

I'm going to reserve judgement until I actually see Losman attempt a long pass in a real game.

No offense but go look at the tapes again. Teague was brutal against the Lions. Someone I know was at the game snapping pix and it seems everytime he did Teague was having his guy blow right by him.

I wasn't paying much attention to the Lions game; all I really noticed was Cody blowing by Anderson on his inside shoulder several times which may have given the mistaken impression that Teague was being worked. But I did some filmwork on the first two "games" and Teague was excellent. Watching him and Vilarial work together was a real treat.

While I do agree Andersons penalties have been bad, Teague has been just plain old unable to block.

I didn't mention anything about Anderson's penalties cuz they're low on the list of problems right now. My concern is that he's getting beat like a drum far too consistently. I haven't seen anything of the sort in regards to Teague.

434615[/snapback]

:unsure:

A mobile QB helps keep a defense honest. There is a strong possibility of mismatches in Bflo's favor this game/year. Like Simon said, that will either allow Willis to break off some decent gainers or allow Moulds and Evans to go one-on-one. Whichever player draws the Safety, I like our chances with either Eric or Lee alone on a corner.

Unless Willis and the O-line were playing possum in the preseason games I saw, I really think he's going to disappoint a lot of people this year.  I think Bledsoe was horrible, however, he forced other defenses to respect the long ball.  At this time, Losman will command no respect.  I hope he's the next Brett Favre or Steve Young, but don't really see that happening this year.

434594[/snapback]

Haven't been at TBD in a while and it's great to be back, I so missed all the negativity. Please, someone give me a DOOOOMED!!! If you think JP will out gain Wills, then you very lucky your only 15 rows up. With that kind of disorientation you'd be a risk in the upper deck.....

434594[/snapback]

If you got some of what you are smoking on ya I'll be there, but seriously I think you are way under estimating Willis' ability. I've never been one to hype up players but i think Willis is going to kill this year. I don't care if they put 11 in the box. He'll get his.

Hey HF, did you happen to catch the Pats last night?  Dillon had a negative rushing average for most of the 1st half.  It's called stamin and wearing down a defense.

434695[/snapback]

I'm not knocking Willis - I think he's amazing...but handicapped by an inexperienced QB and questionable front 5...If Willis were on the Pats - 2000 yards might fall to him....

434594[/snapback]

While I haven't gone so far as to say JP will outgain Willis, I wrote that I was very concerned about the O-Line/running game on a topic I started a few days ago. I got nothing but bashed for suggesting such sacrilege.

Didn't you know that the Bills are going 16-0, Willis is going for 2 grand, and JP is the second coming? How dare you suggest otherwise. . .

434594[/snapback]

Unpopular?

Imagine. :unsure: