ROLL CALL

BillsFanNC

This will be the first home opener I have missed in quite some time, so reading the roll call thread has me bummed that I won't be there this year. However, I'm doing the next best thing and hosting a tailgate in my driveway starting at 8:30 AM for some family and neighbors that are Bills fans and watching the game on Sunday Ticket. So what are your grand plans this week if you are not going to the game?

So what are your grand plans this week if you are not going to the game?

432207[/snapback]

It depends on my wife's and father-in-law's health.

What homebrew are you breaking out for the game?

It depends on my wife's and father-in-law's health.

What homebrew are you breaking out for the game?

432240[/snapback]

I'm actually quite low on homebrew. All I have is an IPA on tap currently. The good news is that all my neighbors and family drink Bud/Miller/Coors crap beer so I don't have to worry about my supply running out. If I have time I might brew a porter on Saturday.

I will be headed down to Hollywood Sports Bar and Billiards bright and early sunday morning. It took some getting used too last year, waking up at 9:30 and eating breakfast at a bar while watching the start of a Bills game...but not to worry, I started drinking by half time <_<

Steve

432235[/snapback]

Hardest thing for me to do when I moved to the left coast was dis-associate watching football with drinking beer. Once you're in the sports bar, the windows are closed, the doors are shut, and it's "football dark"...and my body had a hard time remembering it was only 9:30 a.m., so I'd order some wings and a pitcher, and by noon I was simply blistering drunk from the alcohol/adrenalin mix.

Thank god for DirecTV. I could finally sit in the comfort of my home at 9:30 a.m. in the morning and be a blistering drunk there instead.

So what are your grand plans this week if you are not going to the game?

432207[/snapback]

I'm hosting the little ladies parents for a tour of the Paso Robles wine region Friday and Saturday before rising early with a red wine hangover on Sunday to join a doting matron who will be watching her kid make his first regular season start in the league.

I'm not attending the opener for the first time in years either... :lol:

On the positive side I'll get to watch the opener with my 1 yr-old son and his grandpa (my Pops)! <_<

Not that my little hooligan will watch it much of course. He's more interested in trying to steal the remote so he can change the channel, or run around and try to get into everything, giving me multiple grey hairs. Good times...

This will be the first home opener I have missed in quite some time, so reading the roll call thread has me bummed that I won't be there this year.  However, I'm doing the next best thing and hosting a tailgate in my driveway starting at 8:30 AM for some family and neighbors that are Bills fans and watching the game on Sunday Ticket.  So what are your grand plans this week if you are not going to the game?

432207[/snapback]

Playing golf in the AM and than watching Sunday Ticket with some killer salsa from my brother along with the lime flavoured chips. Will be using split screen to watch both Bills and Panthers games

I'm not attending the opener for the first time in years either... :(

On the positive side I'll get to watch the opener with my 1 yr-old son and his grandpa (my Pops)!  0:)

Not that my little hooligan will watch it much of course. He's more interested in trying to steal the remote so he can change the channel, or run around and try to get into everything, giving me multiple grey hairs. Good times...

432275[/snapback]

:lol:

It's a smart thing not to introduce him to JSP...I'm still trying to uncorrupt my son.

Me, I'll play some golf in the morning with my son, then watch the game...probably fall asleep during the 4:00 pm game...eh, I'm old.