Without Clements

BuffBills#1

We might be ok, but it will be that much harder to pull out a win.  When you take away your best defensive player, maybe even best player, obviously it is going to be harder to win.

430153[/snapback]

dude spikes is going to come and get you for saying that

We might be ok, but it will be that much harder to pull out a win.  When you take away your best defensive player, maybe even best player, obviously it is going to be harder to win.

430153[/snapback]

Ok I have to reply again. Clements is a top five player on this team. But he is not the motivational leader that at least 4 other lesser players are. So when you think about game time, he may be out but there are other better and stronger leaders out there. You just need to give up your tickets for game #1 right now

This is a negative post. Don't you know what happens to folks that post items with negative inferrences?  We can't deal with that kind of pain here.  Sunshine, warm water, and fantasy only.  Koombyah, bro.  And, never post anything that could be assumed as an attack on Mr. Donahoe and the 26-38 record during his watch.  This is understandable because the Bills were/are still in "cap jail".  Plus, his primary focus has been on things like building love between the Bills and the community, updated unis, field turf, night practices and parades at SJF, partnerships with Tops, retro unis, and the sale of new Bills merchandise.  He also had to fire a coach and release a  highly paid QB because he refused to be a back up.  So that also kept him busy replacing those parts.  And, don't forget that he lost Van Miller to retirement and had to come up with a replacement for him.  So, Mr. D cannot, in good conscience, be held accountable.  Sorry... I got off topic a bit, my bad.

Texans beat the Bills in a home opener?  Are you nutz?  What could possibly be your basis for thinking this way?  Do you not know that you must throw everything you have seen in the preseason out the window?  Yes! That's a TSW rule!!  I just don't see the need for such concern.  I mean, this Bills team is a playoff team according to the TSW brotherhood.  A playoff team could not possibly lose to the lowly Texans at home.  The Bills have a bunch of cards they have not played.  You'll see.  Clements is just one part of the equation.  If the Bills can't handle a team like Houston sans Clements, then how can they be considered a playoff team?  I mean, didn't the Pats win a SB without Law and 3/4 of their secondary?  Oh, that's right... that was against an NFC team.  I forgot, that doesn't count.

430061[/snapback]

I think that the reason many people ridicule such posts isn't that they're negative, but they hardly represent the critical thinking expected from educated fans. To jump from "Clements won't play" to "The Bills don't have a chance to beat the Texans." is a giant leap not worthy of a serious response.

This is a negative post. Don't you know what happens to folks that post items with negative inferrences?  We can't deal with that kind of pain here.  Sunshine, warm water, and fantasy only.  Koombyah, bro.  And, never post anything that could be assumed as an attack on Mr. Donahoe and the 26-38 record during his watch.  This is understandable because the Bills were/are still in "cap jail".  Plus, his primary focus has been on things like building love between the Bills and the community, updated unis, field turf, night practices and parades at SJF, partnerships with Tops, retro unis, and the sale of new Bills merchandise.  He also had to fire a coach and release a  highly paid QB because he refused to be a back up.  So that also kept him busy replacing those parts.  And, don't forget that he lost Van Miller to retirement and had to come up with a replacement for him.  So, Mr. D cannot, in good conscience, be held accountable.  Sorry... I got off topic a bit, my bad.

Texans beat the Bills in a home opener?  Are you nutz?  What could possibly be your basis for thinking this way?  Do you not know that you must throw everything you have seen in the preseason out the window?  Yes! That's a TSW rule!!  I just don't see the need for such concern.  I mean, this Bills team is a playoff team according to the TSW brotherhood.  A playoff team could not possibly lose to the lowly Texans at home.  The Bills have a bunch of cards they have not played.  You'll see.  Clements is just one part of the equation.  If the Bills can't handle a team like Houston sans Clements, then how can they be considered a playoff team?  I mean, didn't the Pats win a SB without Law and 3/4 of their secondary?  Oh, that's right... that was against an NFC team.  I forgot, that doesn't count.

430061[/snapback]

While I rarely stoop to your level of self-congratulatory idiocy, I do post negative things about the Bills when I see them. And oddly enough in the 5-6 years I've been around here and doing that, nobody has ever responded to my criticisms the way they do to yours.

To quote LABilz, "it's not the message, it's the messenger".

You know if you hate this place and it's people so much that you constantly feel the need to disparage both, maybe you'd be happier somewhere else.

You know if you hate this place and it's people so much that you constantly feel the need to disparage both, maybe you'd be happier somewhere else.

I think glass-half-empty folks are already doing what makes them happy. <_<

You can always ignore them. They'll identify each other, and commiserate about how all the hopeful outlookers are idiots and they're the smartest guys in the room. Not the way I like to go about things, but it apparently works for some.

I think glass-half-empty folks are already doing what makes them happy. <_<

430210[/snapback]

Right on. A little realism is fine, but when it borders on some bizare negativity-based obsession, I guess I just don't see how some fans manage to enjoy football season.

Regardless of a Bills' win or loss, I still have the same ol' routine come Monday morning. Apparently some of us experience a higher quality of life when either the Bills win or when they can post "I told you so." To each his own, but I'd rather just have fun. Life is too short...

While I rarely stoop to your level of self-congratulatory idiocy, I do post negative things about the Bills when I see them. And oddly enough in the 5-6 years I've been around here and doing that, nobody has ever responded to my criticisms the way they do to yours.

To quote LABilz, "it's not the message, it's the messenger".

Simon, WTF? Are you some sort of paragon of virtue? Stoop to my level? Is that a compliment? I guess you must be one of those warm water, sunshine, milk & honey types. God forbid anyone blast Donahoe or Bledsoe or give an opinion that doesn't meet your criteria. So, when was the last time I got on on your a$$? Why are you getting on mine? If you don't like what I post, don't read it... change the chanel dude... and allow me to introduce you to the "ignore" button.

I guess you must be one of those warm water, sunshine, milk & honey types. God forbid anyone blast Donahoe or Bledsoe or give an opinion that doesn't meet your criteria.

Yeah except for the part where I already said that I do post negative things when I see them; i.e. ripping TD and Bledsoe when the Bills dealt for him. But like I said, nobody reacted to my negative opinions like they do yours. Again, it's not the message, it's teh messenger.

So, when was the last time I got on on your a$$? Why are you getting on mine?

Because your constant ragging on the Bills is beginning to approach "crusading" levels. Nobody wants to hear the same guy bitching about the same stuff all the time, nor do they want to read some self-important, all-knowing loudmouth repeatedly ripping on this community.

I just got the new "2005 NFL Cliche Book".

One player does not affect the outcome of the game. It is a team game. If one player is out, someone else needs to step up and get the job done. The other team members also need to step up their games and rally the team to victory.

Dear Joe,

I no longer play for the Bills. Stop beating me and blaming me for every one of the Bill's woes.

Sincerely,

A Dead Horse Named Drew

430416[/snapback]

How droll.

:D

Andre Johnson is the only recieving threat they have. I'm sure Jerry Gray will roll a safety over the top on AJ's side of the field. The way Jerry has been blitzing I doubt DCarr is going to be able to find him anyway.

I'd be more worried about D Davis out of the backfield.