Sean Penn to the Rescue!

Wacka

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

In reference to one of your earler rants, talk about tired talking points! <_<

You see your hero, GW, and his personal photags capture images of him in Lousianna.  The look on his face is,  "crap, I have been out here hugging black people all day, what else can I do?"  Sean Penn might be a clown, but he is hardly the biggest clown using this tragedy as a series of photo ops!

429630[/snapback]

Bing...efen...go!!!!!!!

It's so easy to be critical of people's misguided attempts to help.  How vile but again not surprising..  What is everyone else here doing?  I note that the "bleeding heart liberals: have so far posted over 123,000 open beds on Moveon's Hurricane assistance site - people are opening their homes to total strangers with no strings attached.  They're offering to pay their airfare, feed, clothe and house them.

I personally have no use for celebrities but at least some of them are trying.  Which makes them a whole lot better than a lot of people.

Here's the link for anyone whose heart is big enough to open their home to a refugee.

Hurricane Housing

429634[/snapback]

MoveOn.org themselves asks and admits that their help be considered and is non-partisan. Apparently, you missed their memo.

As for me and the wife...we gave several thousand dollars already (all my free cash), and are planning on housing a friend of mine for the rest of the year. So shut your sanctimonius partisan ass up.

MoveOn.org themselves asks and admits that their help be considered and is non-partisan.  Apparently, you missed their memo.

As for me and the wife...we gave several thousand dollars already (all my free cash), and are planning on housing a friend of mine for the rest of the year.  So shut your sanctimonius partisan ass up.

429734[/snapback]

But you're not a republican, so you don't count.

MoveOn.org themselves asks and admits that their help be considered and is non-partisan.  Apparently, you missed their memo.

As for me and the wife...we gave several thousand dollars already (all my free cash), and are planning on housing a friend of mine for the rest of the year.  So shut your sanctimonius partisan ass up.

429734[/snapback]

Tom, I'm a little short on cash also after giving to the relief. But I'd be happy to send some clothes to you if they need some, let me know PM. You're a good man Tom....

But you're not a republican, so you don't count.

429738[/snapback]

But he is an establishment sympathizer and apologist... One awfully rich one I have to say.

Wow, that is so AWESOME CTM that you were able to do that.

I can only wish to give that much... I probably could but, I too would be out of a house.

Thanks!

429734[/snapback]

And how many right-wingers would have known about it because they don't visit Moveon.org? My post had nothing to do with partisanship but the fact that the wingnuts around here apparently have the time and energy to throw stones at attempts to help. They' are the sanctimonious ones. Those attempts may fall short and may not be coming from an organization that people like, but it's SOMETHING. Which is far better than criticizing efforts made in good faith.

That you're so defensive about it speaks volumes. I personally don't give a rat's ass how much anyone gives or who stays in whose house. It's just important to try to do SOMETHING, other than sitting around bitching about what others are doing.

And how many right-wingers would have known about it because they don't visit Moveon.org?  My post had nothing to do with partisanship but the fact that the wingnuts around here apparently have the time and energy to throw stones at attempts to help.  They' are the sanctimonious ones.  Those attempts may fall  short and may not be coming from an organization that people like, but it's SOMETHING.  Which is far better than criticizing efforts made in good faith.

That you're so defensive about it speaks volumes. I personally don't give a rat's ass how much anyone gives or who stays in whose house.  It's just important to try to do SOMETHING, other than sitting around bitching about what others are doing.

429828[/snapback]

Or NOT doing. Including probably many here. I have a mental image of people flipping between MSNBC and MTV saying "Bush bad" with cheese puff crumbs dribbling down their shirt.

Debbie, people should contribute what they are best able to contribute. Sean Penn would be much better served to use his name and fame on TV trying to pull people together and solicit funds. Paddling around in a 6 foot jon-boat is ridiculous.

Blzrul asks: What is everyone else here doing?

CTM replies: As for me and the wife...we gave several thousand dollars already (all my free cash), and are planning on housing a friend of mine for the rest of the year.

Blzrul replies: I personally don't give a rat's ass how much anyone gives or who stays in whose house.

But should I be suprised? <_<

Blzrul asks:  What is everyone else here doing?

CTM replies:  As for me and the wife...we gave several thousand dollars already (all my free cash), and are planning on housing a friend of mine for the rest of the year.

Blzrul replies:  I personally don't give a rat's ass how much anyone gives or who stays in whose house.

But should I be suprised?  <_<

429840[/snapback]

If I was her Parent, I'd give her a time out. ;)

Every president has/had a photographer following him around all day. Bush is no different.  Nice attempt to smear him again. Can't you lay off it for a while?

429633[/snapback]

Uh, anyone (like yourself) who can't see, by now, how incompetant this administration has been at nearly every turn, is never going to see. The president does not need anyone's help to magnify the this. He is doing it all by himself. It will be interesting to see what kind of promotion, or medal of honor, he gives to his old buddy Chertoff, as a reward for his miserable work.

Blzrul asks:  What is everyone else here doing?

CTM replies:  As for me and the wife...we gave several thousand dollars already (all my free cash), and are planning on housing a friend of mine for the rest of the year.

Blzrul replies:  I personally don't give a rat's ass how much anyone gives or who stays in whose house.

But should I be suprised?  <_<

429840[/snapback]

Don't forget: "My post had nothing to do with partisanship but the fact that the wingnuts..." ;)

I'm pretty sure those folks dont want to be called "refugees" blzrule. 

While New Orleans on a good day is a craphole, we're STILL not a third world country.

More to the point, NO is still part of this country, and no one is fleeing across international borders to avoid persecution.

If that caught your eye, I have a better one for you. The misuse of "refugee" is not quite as bad as the anchor I heard refer to armed thugs looting the city of NO as "rebel forces, if you will". Honestly, if I were the producer, I would have replaced her at the next commercial break (only to avoid a scene on camera).

"rebel forces, if you will"

430217[/snapback]

Actually, I've heard reports from NO of white supremacists offering bounties for black looters, black radicals offering bounties for white cops, and anarchists offering bounties for damned near everyone, all in the interest of "supporting the insurgency" in the upcoming "revolution". <_<

Actually, I've heard reports from NO of white supremacists offering bounties for black looters, black radicals offering bounties for white cops, and anarchists offering bounties for damned near everyone, all in the interest of "supporting the insurgency" in the upcoming "revolution".  :D

On the upside, it's gotta be eating up Charles Manson to be missing all this.