Sean Penn to the Rescue!

Wacka

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Link

According to Penn, he rescued a lot of "drowning people."

The US government was accused of "criminal negligence" as hopes of finding survivors faded and the death toll from Hurricane Katrina continued to rise.
Oh no, accused by who?

Holidaymakers returning to the UK spoke of the scale of the misery while one said leering police officers demanded young women flash their breasts in return for help.

Oscar-winning Hollywood actor Sean Penn, who has been assisting rescue efforts in New Orleans, said the US government did not "seem to be inclined to help".

"We were pulling drowning people out of the water, it's the ultimate distress and human suffering ... dead bodies," he told GMTV.

Penn said he had spent nine hours on Monday searching the water for people and during all that time he saw just three boats carrying US officials.

"There are people that are dying right now and I mean babies and old people and everybody in between - they're dying. There are people dying and (the US government are) not putting the boats in the water, I think that's criminal negligence. I don't think anybody ever anticipated the criminal negligence of the Bush administration in this situation."

The world according to Sean Penn.

And add another one to the long list of urban legends (not from Penn):

"At one point, there were a load of girls on the roof of the hotel saying 'Can you help us?' and the policemen said 'Show us what you've got' and made signs for them to lift their T-shirts. When the girls refused, they said 'Fine' and motored off down the road in their boat."
Not sure if that'll turn out to be another BS story or just another example of the lousy NOPD. Neither would surprise me.

Give money to the charities.  Spicoli has so much it would provide a lot more help than this attempt.

Leave the hands on stuff to people who know what to do, like put the drain plug back in the hull and not drag around a personal photographer.

429303[/snapback]

Do you know if he donated money or not? I'm willing to bet he did.