The Bills don't pay thier players...

stevestojan

The problem with the Bills? We don't sign our players. We don't pay the star players the money they "deserve"* (*by deserve, i am referring to how these players perform compared to their NFL counterparts).

Why would someone ever come to the Bills, or ever STAY with the Bills when we don't keep our playmakers?

We have this reputation of "come here, we'll win one", but we NEVER pay our players what they are worth...

You want examples?

Jonas Jennnings

Pat Williams

Antowain Winfield

Ruben Brown

Sam Gash

Henry Jones

Antowain Winfield

Sam Cowart

And the list goes on...

"Why come to Buffalo"? So you can have a breakout year and we'll trade you to a team that's willing to pay for you...

You want examples?

Jonas Jennnings

Pat Williams

Antowain Winfield

Ruben  Brown

Sam Gash

Henry Jones

Antowain Winfield

Sam Cowart

427930[/snapback]

JJ - overrated and often injured. yeah he's much better than gandy, but not worth the cap costs

PW - a Butler/Wade guy who doesn't like the way TD manages the Bills. He wanted out

AW - same situation as PW

RB - wasn't worth what we were paying him

SG - one of my all time favs. But if you notice after we cut him he didn't rake in the big $$$ with Baltimore and ended up coming back for a 2nd tour?

HJ - didn't leave as a FA, he was cut

AW - is there an echo?

SC - If you compare SC's last couple of years with London Fletcher's, you'll see we got a better LB for less money than SC wanted

here's a couple other names for ya:

Eric Moulds, London Fletcher, Takeo Spikes, and Sam Adams

The problem with the Bills? We don't sign our players. We don't pay the star players the money they "deserve"* (*by deserve, i am referring to how these players perform compared to their NFL counterparts).

Why would someone ever come to the Bills, or ever STAY with the Bills when we don't keep our playmakers?

We have this reputation of "come here, we'll win one", but we NEVER pay our players what they are worth...

You want examples?

Jonas Jennnings

Pat Williams

Antowain Winfield

Ruben  Brown

Sam Gash

Henry Jones

Antowain Winfield

Sam Cowart

And the list goes on...

"Why come to Buffalo"? So you can have a breakout year and we'll trade you to a team that's willing to pay for you...

427930[/snapback]

The final nail... :rolleyes:

You want examples?

Jonas Jennnings

Pat Williams

Antowain Winfield

Ruben  Brown

Sam Gash

Henry Jones

Antowain Winfield

Sam Cowart

And the list goes on...

427930[/snapback]

Those examples suck. Williams was on the wrong side of 30 and only played 1/2 the D snaps, Ruben wasn't worth the cash and neither was Jennings. Gash was a FB, it wasn't like he was going to break the bank, I don't think it was a matter of not wanting to pay him, but that TD thought he couldn't be productive for much longer. Cowart wasn't the same after his injury. Paying Jennings what SF paid him would have been idiotic. I'll give you Winfield. Just look at what these players did AFTER they left Buffalo, only Winfield has done a damn thing worth mentioning. That's a pretty good track record.

But for every Winfield there's a Takeo who got paid to come here, TD managed to get Fletcher in here as well...and Vincent...and Milloy. In fact, our D has been primarily built with Free Agents. So much for asking "why would anybody ever come to the Bills?" TD has made plenty of mistakes in his time here, but his decisions on who to pick up in FA and who to keep have been pretty good choices and one of the last places one should look to question him.

You want examples?

Jonas Jennnings

Pat Williams

Antowain Winfield

Ruben  Brown

Sam Gash

Henry Jones

Antowain Winfield

Sam Cowart

And the list goes on...

427930[/snapback]

I realize the point you’re trying to make but half the people on that list don't fit the trend you’re speaking of.

Cowart- Had major injury concerns, the Bills signed Fletcher to replace him. Would you rather we kept Cowart instead?

Henry Jones- Was past his best years and never went on to have the kind of success he had early in his career after he left the Bills

Sam Gash- We went with more of a receiving FB in Larry Centers instead of Gash. The lack of a huge contract is not why he left.

Rueben Brown- We outright released him because his play wasn't close to the $ he was receiving.

As for Winfield he was and still is worth the $, but it’s not like it was a bad move to let him go. MaGee is no scrub and comes at bargain price with plenty of upside. With JJ and PW the Bills just didn’t think they’re worth the price they got. JJ has always had injury problems and PW isn't getting any younger. Not to mention they both got pretty large paydays.

All these guys aren't top 5 players that the Bills simply decided not to pay. They're talented players with question marks, most of which ended up signing big contracts only to do nothing after they left town.

here's a couple other names for ya:

Eric Moulds, London Fletcher, Takeo Spikes, and Sam Adams

427933[/snapback]

Add Milloy, Vincent and Moorman to the list.

Can I get a count of how many collective post-Bills Pro-Bowls those dearly departed players have been to...?

If you want to talk about a team that fails to pay its star players, you want to talk Patriots...and look where that "poor attitude" toward its players got them. :rolleyes:

The Bills do pay their players. They have a salary cap and are a couple million under that, if not less. 53 players are getting paid. Why do we want to see another salary cap jail sentence and have to get rid of everyone and start over like in 2001?

Take your pick! Do you want to sign AW for 7M/year? Then say goodbye to Clements. JJ for 7M/year? You can allocate your money only so much for each player. Sign one for too much and then you have to let 2 other players go--it is just the nature of the salary cap.

Jonas Jennnings

Pat Williams

Antowain Winfield

Ruben  Brown

Sam Gash

Henry Jones

Antowain Winfield

Sam Cowart

427930[/snapback]

Were any of those players on a playoff game winning Bills team? I think we sometimes tend to think that former Bills players were much better than they actually were. I see that list and other than Winfield, Williams and Gash, I see disappointments.

I think that you are being overworked at your new job. :rolleyes:

Your post does not make much sense since there is a salary cap that all teams must adhere to. Very few team end up signing their own free agents as most like to hit the free market and get someone to overpay for their services. The Pats have about the least loyalty of any team towards their own players and look what they have accomplished over the last few years.

You want examples?

Jonas Jennnings

Pat Williams

Antowain Winfield

Ruben  Brown

Sam Gash

Henry Jones

Antowain Winfield

Sam Cowart

And the list goes on...

427930[/snapback]

Wow, that post was made at 2:30 this morning. I was bombed, and I'm shocked that there weren't many typos. Anyway, I'm sticking to my story... :)