The secret is getting out

PromoTheRobot

http://footballforecasters.com/2005/afceastpreview.html

Unlike the usual blah-blah crap we have been seeing, these guys are dissecting and analyzing each AFC East teams strengths and weaknesses, like a stockbroker would assess a stock. Pretty insightful stuff, in my opinion. Not good news for Hollywood Donahoe and his choad-smoking Patsy trolls.

PTR

so I don't gamble, but what does +750 mean (in english)

425115[/snapback]

It means bet $100 on the Bills to win the AFC East and win $750. $100 on the Pats earns you $40. $100 on the Jets wins $285. They are not even offering odds on the Dolphins.

Our division oriented forecasting model has New England barely winning the AFC East. However, they are not necessarily the best futures pick to wager on in that division. Consider that Canbet has them at -250 to win their division (meaning a $100 wager would payout $40); followed by NYJ at +285, and Buffalo at +750. Based on how tight this division race shapes up to be, we'd take a hard look at making a small futures play on Buffalo to win their division. Consider that at +750 (Canbet futures number), a small $100 wager would payoff at $750. Here is what our by-the-numbers division forecast model projects for the AFC East:

New England - 9 (-) wins

NY Jets - 9 (-) wins

Buffalo - 8 (+) wins

Miami - 3 wins

We like the intangibles with Buffalo and pick them to outright win the division.

We have Buffalo with a positive upwards mobility factor - meaning they are more likely to win 9 games (or more), than slip to 7 wins. There are positive intangible factors to consider with Buffalo, as well as negative intangible factors with the Patriots, which we point out in the team write-ups below. The forecasting model indicates the Pats will win a very tight division race - but the wagering value is certainly with the Bills.

PTR

Actually, the ratings numbers they give each team mean the 'smart' money - that is, the safest bet is first on the Patriots, then Jets before the Bills to win the division. The point they make is the Bills bet is a good small money additional bet, because they feel the payoff far exceeds the risk.

Those gambling sites are ridiculous anyway. You ever see their commercials with the guy yelling "LEAD PIPE CINCH!" or "THIS WEEK'S LOCK!". The goal is to generate action.

Of course, I may still visit a sports book this weekend...

http://footballforecasters.com/2005/afceastpreview.html

Unlike the usual blah-blah crap we have been seeing, these guys are dissecting and analyzing each AFC East teams strengths and weaknesses, like a stockbroker would assess a stock.  Pretty insightful stuff, in my opinion.  Not good news for Hollywood Donahoe and his choad-smoking Patsy trolls.

PTR

425104[/snapback]

speaking of the pats - we need a spy update!

Actually, the ratings numbers they give each team mean the 'smart' money - that is, the safest bet is first on the Patriots, then Jets before the Bills to win the division. The point they make is the Bills bet is a good small money additional bet, because they feel the payoff far exceeds the risk.

Those gambling sites are ridiculous anyway. You ever see their commercials with the guy yelling "LEAD PIPE CINCH!" or "THIS WEEK'S LOCK!". The goal is to generate action.

Of course, I may still visit a sports book this weekend...

425386[/snapback]

True. Something I found out about those places last year was pretty funny, but when you think about it, kind of genius. They tell people in their ads that they have a guaranteed lock of the week, to get them to call. When people call, they give 50% one team in a game, and 50% the other team in that same game. They figure they'll lose half of the callers but half of them will think they're geniuses and sign up. And it obviously works.

That site, however, seemed to have the division down pretty good, IMO.