The Official Katrina Aftermath Thread

PTS

Am I the only one who has had these lyrics going through his mind the past 24 hours? My heart goes out to the tens of thousands of people displaced by Katrina.

Tragically Hip Lyrics

New Orleans Is Sinking Lyrics

Alright!

Bourbon blues on the street, loose and complete

Under skies all smoky blue green

I can't forsake a dixie dead shake

So we danced the sidewalk clean

My memory is muddy

What's this river that I'm in?

New Orleans is sinking man

And I don't wanna swim

Colonel Tom, what's wrong? what's going on?

You can't tie yourself up for a deal

He said, Hey north you're south shut your big mouth,

You gotta do what you feel is real

Ain't got no picture postcards, ain't got no souvenirs

My baby, she don't know me when I'm thinking bout those years

Pale as a light bulb hanging on a wire

Sucking up to someone just to stoke the fire

Picking out the highlights of the scenery

Saw a little cloud that looked a little like me

I had my hands in the river

My feet back up on the banks

Looked up to the lord above

And said, hey man thanks

Sometimes I fell so good, I gotta scream

She said Gordie baby I know exactly what you mean

She said, she said, I swear to god she said

My memory is muddy

What's this river that I'm in?

New Orleans is sinking man and I don't wanna swim

Swim!

• Replies 469
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

oh now you are disappointed in me????? :lol:

422724[/snapback]

How can anyone be offended over a Spongebob remark regardless of the timing..He tried to make light of a situation..I founf it quite humorous and had i been on the roof of a house in N.O. I wouldve probably laughed then also..Yes so lets worry now about how many int's JP is gonna throw..Yeh right...

you don't count, you only have 15 posts.... :lol:

How can anyone be offended over a Spongebob remark regardless of the timing..He tried to make light of a situation..I founf it quite humorous and had i been on the roof of a house in N.O. I wouldve probably laughed then also..Yes so lets worry now about how many int's JP is gonna throw..Yeh right...

422749[/snapback]

A million acres of wetlands that used to protect the area have been destroyed over the years thanks to those levees.

422744[/snapback]

people really do underestimate the value of wetlands.

that said, people will be people. developing and trying to contain nature.

the mississippi river mouth helps make that state the most polluted state in america.

the mississippi river is a HUGE part of a VERY LARGE economy, for both the state and america.

i know the US governement will buy ANY land in the flood plain of the mississippi river, just to take down the house, and restore the land.

but people are people, and nothing will change that.

gimme a break, where is the uproar for all the people wondering if they are going to be able to go to the game in october?????  christ, the football game is that important?????  Welcome to the united states of the offended!!!!!!! :rolleyes:  ;)  :lol: lets worry about gas prices and football games affected by this storm, but ****, i mention a cartoon(you all do realize cartoons are not reality...right?) in response to someone mentioning moving a city, and people get pissed??????

422713[/snapback]

Are you through digging yet?

Eat This Monkey.

Article #1

Still can't get over the 2000 election when Fox flipped Florida to Bush, huh?

422720[/snapback]

Is it possible for you to post without a GB reference? This is about the third I've seen this morning. :rolleyes:

Look, if you've got some homoerotic, conservative or religious hard on for the guy please keep it to yourself. Not everyone believes he's the messiah.

Now on to the news at hand! If martial law hasn't been declared in NO then wtf are they waiting for?? If you're enough of a dirtbag to loot in during a tragedy of this magnitude then a 5.56 in the head is about all the justice you deserve.

Is it possible for you to post without a GW reference?  This is about the thrid I've seen this morning.  :rolleyes:

Look, if you've got some homoerotic, conservative or religious hard on for the guy please keep it to yourself.  Not everyone believes he's the messiah.

422796[/snapback]

And not everyone wants to hear these LOSERS, who have been whining for years after the fact, associate anything with conservatism as pure evil.

Until it stops, I will continue to rub in the fact that Republicans WON and Democrats LOST.

And not everyone wants to hear these LOSERS, who have been whining for years after the fact, associate anything with conservatism as pure evil.

Until it stops, I will continue to rub in the fact that Republicans WON and Democrats LOST.

422803[/snapback]

Not on this board sunshine, not on this board. Feel free to take it to PPP but not here, not on my watch.

422803[/snapback]

Moron. It's not a liberal vs. conservative issue. It's a FoxSnooze sucks issue. If it makes you feel better, Dan Rather sucks too.

they did it in spongebob when the alaska bull worm threatened Bikini Bottom, all the town folk moved the city, unbeknownst to Sandy and Spongebob who were busy wrangling the critter over the same cliff that overlooked the valley where they moved bikini bottom, needless to say it was not a pretty sight

422616[/snapback]

Ah, spongebob...a cartoon character that changed the world. :rolleyes:

Christ, people...go donate some money to the Red Cross or Salvation Army or something. Stop arguing about this meaningless sh-- and go do something useful.

Moron.  It's not a liberal vs. conservative issue.  It's a FoxSnooze sucks issue.  If it makes you feel better, Dan Rather sucks too.

422808[/snapback]

Cute name calling.

But anyway, you accused Fox of "jumping the gun" on a story which they simply just scooped everyone else on, just like "Florida goes to Bush in 2000" or "Ohio goes to Bush in 2004."

I can only assume that those "scoops" drive libs crazy. Fox News is #1 for a reason, and making crap up isn't one of them.

But anyway again, this isn't the right thread to be talking about that.