Part of Superdome roof leaking

Thailog80

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

obviously lives are more important than football, but this begs the question -- if the superdome is significantly damaged, i wonder how this affects saints' home games early in the season?

421533[/snapback]

I think we already answered that somewhere else. They could play at Ole Miss or any of the Louisiana stadiums that aren't significantly damaged. LSU will have to look for a new stadium too since they play at the Superdome as well, don't they?

One thought might be the Astrodome, although I don't know how the Texans would feel about that.

As I posted in the Katrina thread...

"David Muir on ABC says the Superdome isn't holding up very well. Roof is leaking like a seive -- waterfalls -- and people are being moved to the endzones where there is some protection via the overhead seating in case the roof caves. There's still several hours before it moves through. Not good."

-- Is there confirmation that it's actually blown off? The reporter, who covers weather events, said it was leaky all through, and it was like it was raining inside the dome, but they haven't cut in to say anything about part of the roof being gone.

Then again, FAUX News is the only outlet that's Fair and Balanced. In fact, they're so balanced, they don't want to offend Untruth, so they put that in too. Anything to get people to stop and watch. :P

"David Muir on ABC says the Superdome isn't holding up very well. Roof is leaking like a seive -- waterfalls -- and people are being moved to the endzones where there is some protection via the overhead seating in case the roof caves. There's still several hours before it moves through. Not good."

-- Is there confirmation that it's actually blown off? The reporter, who covers weather events, said it was leaky all through, and it was like it was raining inside the dome, but they haven't cut through to say anything about part of the roof being gone.

421540[/snapback]

CNN is reporting leaks. Hopefully no rips.

-- Is there confirmation that it's actually blown off? The reporter, who covers weather events, said it was leaky all through, and it was like it was raining inside the dome, but they haven't cut in to say anything about part of the roof being gone.

Then again, FAUX News is the only outlet that's Fair and Balanced. In fact, they're so balanced, they don't want to offend Untruth, so they put that in too. Anything to get people to stop and watch.  :P

421540[/snapback]

MSNBC just showed pictures one of their reporters emailed out. There's two or three nine-foot holes that opened up along a seam in the roof. They pretty much came out and said the next 90 minutes are going to be hell for the people in there.

CNN's reporting now that a hotel collapsed (their words) in Harvey...which is basically in NO on the banks of the Mississippi. Lots of people probably sheltering in it. That could be awful.

MSNBC just showed pictures one of their reporters emailed out.  There's two or three nine-foot holes that opened up along a seam in the roof.  They pretty much came out and said the next 90 minutes are going to be hell for the people in there. 

CNN's reporting now that a hotel collapsed (their words) in Harvey...which is basically in NO on the banks of the Mississippi.  Lots of people probably sheltering in it.  That could be awful.

421552[/snapback]

Oh, well, canvas ripping is almost the same as the canvas's rigging structure becoming unattached from the stadium's walls and hurtling across the state. :P

Oh, well, canvas ripping is almost the same as the canvas's rigging structure becoming unattached from the stadium's walls and hurtling across the state. :P

421559[/snapback]

It's like I said yesterday, though...when they say the Superdome will withstand 200mph winds, what does withstand actually mean? The metal-and-concrete structure may stand up very well...but canvas over a metal grid?

It's like I said yesterday, though...when they say the Superdome will withstand 200mph winds, what does withstand actually mean?  The metal-and-concrete structure may stand up very well...but canvas over a metal grid?

421562[/snapback]

Not the most stable construction material in the world, that's for sure. In light rain, there were leaks at Gampel Pavillion during games when I was at UConn.

The thing being that the reactionaries with microphones are turning "might" into "has" when it's just not the case.... yet.

Not the most stable construction material in the world, that's for sure. In light rain, there were leaks at Gampel Pavillion during games when I was at UConn.

The thing being that the reactionaries with microphones are turning "might" into "has" when it's just not the case.... yet.

421571[/snapback]

Never trust the first reports. Particularly when it's an event prone to sensationalism.

Like that report of the hotel collapse I quoted...can't find another thing on it. :P

421571[/snapback]

But they now have rain coming in so not just a small leak anymore, 60 holes accoding to NBC!!!!

Looks like local affiliates are trying to sensationalize the story. What a shocker.

421568[/snapback]

Well, if the cameras go on them, and everyone in the U.S. can see that they look pretty, they might be bumped up to the national broadcast and all the struggles and sleeping with the 70-year-old station manager will be WORTH IT!!! <GASP!>

Truth? What's that?

Never trust the first reports.  Particularly when it's an event prone to sensationalism.

Like that report of the hotel collapse I quoted...can't find another thing on it.  :P

421575[/snapback]

Like right now the reporters on CNN seem disappointed that it was "downgraded" to a 4 because that doesn't sound as good as saying "cat 5".