Corey Simon a free agent now

billsburgh

How long is Sam Adams still under contract for? If they sign Simon, that'll be the first step out the door for an aging Sam Adams.

I don't think the Bills will be able to afford Clements for what he wants. They'll franchise him to get one more year out of him, then hopefully they'll have his replacement waiting in the wings.

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Just saw that Philly dropped the franchise tag on Corey Simon making him a free agent. Since we were mentioned in a trade a few weeks ago....i think he would be a HUGE pickup as a free agent. Our run D has been suspect in the first few preseason games so this would make sense. Comments?

How long is Sam Adams still under contract for? If they sign Simon, that'll be the first step out the door for an aging Sam Adams.

I don't think the Bills will be able to afford Clements for what he wants. They'll franchise him to get one more year out of him, then hopefully they'll have his replacement waiting in the wings.

422065[/snapback]

I think you may be right on Clements. TD's history would seem to indicate that we are going to lose Nate. I have no sense of Sam's longevity but the bottom line is that Simon is a DT who gets sacks, that is something every defense can use.

Isn't Edwards in a contract year?  In the event he actually does have a great year, the Bills will have a hard time valuing him (b/c he only had one good year as a starter), and therefore retaining him.  Makes the Simon possibility a bit more logical, no?

422550[/snapback]

the logical thing would be to lock up edwards long-term, BEFORE his breakout season

And when he ends up not having one?  Where are you then?

422565[/snapback]

if you don't expect him to have a breakout season you let him play out the year and walk after the season.........

but if he does end up having a breakout season a talent evaluator looks mighty stupid for not forecasting his progress and locking him in earlier......after all the time the bills staff has spent watching edwards over the past few seasons they should know NOW whether they want him around long-term or not and know NOW whether he will be a special player or not........if they can't at this point they are not doing their jobs.........

if you don't expect him to have a breakout season you let him play out the year and walk after the season.........

but if he does end up having a breakout season a talent evaluator looks mighty stupid for not forecasting his progress and locking him in earlier......after all the time the bills staff has spent watching edwards over the past few seasons they should know NOW whether they want him around long-term or not and know NOW whether he will be a special player or not........if they can't at this point they are not doing their jobs.........

422578[/snapback]

I agree, and my guess is that by inquiring about Simon's availability they are tacitly admitting that they don't think Edwards is the long-term answer.