Say a prayer for New Orleans. They are going to

I know the Bills game is a month away but they are saying the city could be under water for 6months.

421194[/snapback]

God, that will be one filthy lake...

Seriously, I feel awful for the people down there, but imagine the public health concerns if the city is actually underwater?

God, that will be one filthy lake...

Seriously, I feel awful for the people down there, but imagine the public health concerns if the city is actually underwater?

421196[/snapback]

They'd arguably be worse than the storm itself. Just imagine 40k people stranded in the Superdome with water and sewer systems wiped out by the storm, and the graveyards flooded. NO could legitimately become uninhabitable.

I know the Bills game is a month away but they are saying the city could be under water for 6months.

421194[/snapback]

That could easily become another home game.

In fact, the Saints could conceivably have to play every game on the road.

That could easily become another home game.

In fact, the Saints could conceivably have to play every game on the road.

421210[/snapback]

Starting to think not picking up Aaron Brooks when I had the chance wasn't such an awful idea...

I actually worked in New Orleans for 10 months on a project, so my heart definitely goes out to them. I pray the city isn't hit as hard as experts are predicting. They say downtown could sit underneath 15 feet of water...

If what everyone is saying is true, and the city was flooded, would the Saints really be made to play every game on the road this year?

They are putting people in the upper decks of the Superdome because thay said the field may flood.

The pumps keep the water out of NO 24/7. When they go under a 20 ft storm surge-no more pumps and 30 ft of water on Burboun St.

If what everyone is saying is true, and the city was flooded, would the Saints really be made to play every game on the road this year?

421222[/snapback]

Where else would they play? I suppose a college field closer to N.O. would be another option.

Where else would they play? I suppose a college field closer to N.O. would be another option.

421226[/snapback]

I would guess something like that. Maybe northern Louisiana or something. I think it would be a reach to assume the NFL would make the Saints play every game as an away game, would you agree?

I would guess something like that.  Maybe northern Louisiana or something.  I think it would be a reach to assume the NFL would make the Saints play every game as an away game, would you agree?

421229[/snapback]

Yes, that would be highly unusual. They'd most likely play home games at LSU or somewhere else if the Superdome was not feasible.

I can't imagine even if things are really bad that they would miss more than a game or two at home. They'd play at some other nearby location with a field (ole miss or somewhere...)

Right now 10,000 people are in the Superdome? Waiting out the storm there? In the stadium that we are worried will be underwater (or at least flooded by feet of water)?

Does this make absolutely no sense to anyone else?

421276[/snapback]

More like 30-40k.

The stadium's at sea level, though (built on a hill, basically), and much higher than the flood will get. They expect the field to flood...but everyone sheltering in it is doing so in the higher rows and upper deck. And the Superdome can probably withstand the flood, given it's a solid concrete structure that's probably open at the ground level to let water flow through and around (much like the Indian Ocean tsunami didn't destroy pillared structures, as they let the water flow through).

I'd worry more about the roof. Unsupported roofs over wide areas are usually weak spots in a structure, and anyone who's ever been at RWS knows how bad even a moderate breeze is swirling in an open stadium. They say the Superdome will withstand 200mph winds, though... :P