The annual Post-Party feedback request

JÂy RÛßeÒ

My suggested changes:

Ticket Girls - these were OK to look at but added nothing, considering what we paid them. I was never even asked if I wanted to buy any tickets. I'd rather have some TBDers volunteer or go without.

Raffle itself - once again I didn't even know it had started. I think that getting some kind of loudspeaker system is a must.

Group water/gatorade/soda - once again underadvertised/underutilized. Are we getting too much? Should we even bother?

What I liked:

The Wall itself was a great addition! Thanks to Hammer for that!!!!!

I see the tent/tables/chairs as a necessity. Gotta be able to get out of the sun.

Of course it goes without saying, but I'll say it anyway. The people are what make this event get better every year - thanks to all for being such a great bunch of people to party and hang with!

No need for Ticket girls at all IMO. They seemed to think their job was to wander around parking lot away from lot and flirt with guys. Most of the people there know about the raffle and all we need is a bullhorn to announce it.

I liked the wall but once people started signing people who were not there it immediately became a non-entity. :angry:

Please continue bringing gaterade and water (I generally do not drink before noon) but maybe we could get it is a large container and just fill glasses? Likewise we need to get more recycling bins. Remaining gatorade / water should be used for other game tailgates during year but I am not usually there.

I agree about loudspeaker. I was in tent (needed shade) and could not hear them.

Need to get group shots earlier.

Thanks to Diane (aussiew) for name badges.

No need for Ticket girls at all IMO.  They seemed to think their job was to wander around parking lot away from lot and flirt with guys.  Most of the people there know about the raffle and all we need is a bullhorn to announce it.

I liked the wall but once people started signing people who were not there it immediately became a non-entity.  :doh:

Please continue bringing gaterade and water (I generally do not drink before noon) but maybe we could get it is a large container and just fill glasses?  Likewise we need to get more recycling bins.  Remaining gatorade  / water should be used for other game tailgates during year but I am not usually there.

I agree about loudspeaker.  I was in tent (needed shade) and could not hear them.

Need to get group shots earlier.

Thanks to Diane (aussiew) for name badges.

29251[/snapback]

there were group "shots"....was Southern available..how about Gordy O?

I had no idea what those two girls were doing. I was never asked either. The wall was an outstanding addition. The water and Gatorade was great.....Being in the sun all day I was so glad to have it.

It was great meeting you all. Danny's was fun also.

What I liked!

Bill and Pat in Livonia's home made relish!

Everyone made me and my family feel at home!!

The beer!

What I didn't like:

The last 2 seconds of the game! :I starred in Brokeback Mountain:

Not enough time to talk to everyone... Next time I'll get there earlier!

NOTE: I thought ICE would be taller!

I also was never asked by the ticket girls to buy raffle tickets.

Definetly need some kind of loud speaker for the raffle drawing, maybe "borrow" a bull horn from a police department?

Water/Gatorade/Soda, drop the soda, again this year, we only had about a 6-pack of each the pepsi and diet pepsi taken, out of each case.

Having the banner on the side of the tent it was on, made the area under the tent feel seperated from everyone outside the tent, we'll do something different with it next year, maybe look at rigging something up where it will be above the tent.

Try to get the long tables back instead of the round ones.

Drop the raffle selling gals...They added little IMHO..

Keep the water..gatorade offering...NEXT year I will partake of this in a stronger fashion than I did on Sunday...I hate getting dehydrated like I did,,,

Thank goodness for Nancy taking good care of me...

Drop the raffle selling gals...They added little IMHO..

Keep the water..gatorade offering...NEXT year I will partake of this in a stronger fashion than I did on Sunday...I hate getting dehydrated like I did,,,

Thank goodness for Nancy taking good care of me...

30106[/snapback]

Glad some liquid and rest got you back on your feet, Ross. You had me worried for a second.

I also was never asked by the ticket girls to buy raffle tickets.

Definetly need some kind of loud speaker for the raffle drawing, maybe "borrow" a bull horn from a police department?

Water/Gatorade/Soda, drop the soda, again this year, we only had about a 6-pack of each the pepsi and diet pepsi taken, out of each case.

Having the banner on the side of the tent it was on, made the area under the tent feel seperated from everyone outside the tent, we'll do something different with it next year, maybe look at rigging something up where it will be above the tent.

Try to get the long tables back instead of the round ones.

29920[/snapback]

How many of the cups went unclaimed?

How many of the cups went unclaimed?

30189[/snapback]

Maybe those who did not take them:

1. did not know they were for the people who bought tickets as part of the group,

2. was going to car directly and could not bring them in

3. thought they would be available afterwards

4. thought they were cheap

5. Noticed they had red end zones even though field has changed

Maybe those who did not take them:

1. did not know they were for the people who bought tickets as part of the group,

2. was going to car directly and could not bring them in

3. thought they would be available afterwards

4. thought they were cheap

5. Noticed they had red end zones even though field has changed

30199[/snapback]

I didn't see them. :devil:

Of course, I didn't know we had Pepsi, either. *LOL*

Pluses..

I loved the cups!

I drank at least 4 pepsi/diet Pepsis, I think they get lost in the mix on the ground, I know where the pops/gatorade are, but most don't

The tent is a perfect respite from the sun, keep it or make it bigger

Loudspeakers or amplifier would be nice for the raffle.

Negatives:

The ticket girls could have been a little more effective, they stayed together so they could chat with each other, I had to hunt them down to buy tickets, they never told me there were any white tickets.

The long tables were better for the raffle for display

Does it always have to be so damn hot??

Was there enough ground space? Last year aprox.15 x 70 feet was added.

30574[/snapback]

I felt that there was just enough space. If we go larger, it would be only a little bit. Or maybe figure out a different parking pattern, using the space we have available.

I'll add my 2 cents.

I didn't know that there was pop/water/gatorade available. Didn't matter, as I brought my own - but if I would've known, I probably would've had some water instead of just the orange pop I brought.

The ticket girls never came asked me to buy tickets either (I see the trend). I then forgot to buy tickets before the raffle started. Sad, since I was in the tent 75% of the time. Oh well, live and learn. :huh:

I got my cup and thought they were pretty cool. Probably should've attached a sign to the box, letting people know what they were for. Lots of people were asking about them.

CW

I'll add my 2 cents.

I didn't know that there was pop/water/gatorade available.  Didn't matter, as I brought my own - but if I would've known, I probably would've had some water instead of just the orange pop I brought.

The ticket girls never came asked me to buy tickets either (I see the trend).  I then forgot to buy tickets before the raffle started.  Sad, since I was in the tent 75% of the time.  Oh well, live and learn. :huh:

I got my cup and thought they were pretty cool.  Probably should've attached a sign to the box, letting people know what they were for.  Lots of people were asking about them.

CW

32018[/snapback]

Thing is - you didn't buy a ticket with the group so you technically weren't supposed to get a cup...

Thing is - you didn't buy a ticket with the group so you technically weren't supposed to get a cup...

32036[/snapback]

Wasn't that part of the $5/person? That was my understanding, but since it wasn't labeled correctly, I won't feel guilty. :huh:

CW

Wasn't that part of the $5/person?  That was my understanding, but since it wasn't labeled correctly, I won't feel guilty. :huh:

CW

32081[/snapback]

Your $5 goes towards the expenses we have for the tailgate, like the tent/chair/table rental, water/gatorade/ice, and the space we use that Hammer loses from not being able to park more vehicles. The cups are given to us by the Bills for the group ticket purchase. What I'll keep in mind for next year is getting something for those that did not buy tickets with the group purchase, but did contribute to the party fund.

Your $5 goes towards the expenses we have for the tailgate, like the tent/chair/table rental, water/gatorade/ice, and the space we use that Hammer loses from not being able to park more vehicles. The cups are given to us by the Bills for the group ticket purchase. What I'll keep in mind for next year is getting something for those that did not buy tickets with the group purchase, but did contribute to the party fund.

32095[/snapback]

Ahh, ok. I misunderstood what they were for. Good thing there were extras or I'd feel really guilty :huh:

CW

Don't worry about it. Tailgates over man (unfortunaltely), if someone decides not to come just because they didn't get a cup, then they should send me a PM. We're looking into options already for next year in regards to the raffles and ticket/goodie handout.

Don't worry about it. Tailgates over man (unfortunaltely), if someone decides not to come just because they didn't get a cup, then they should send me a PM. We're looking into options already for next year in regards to the raffles and ticket/goodie handout.

32184[/snapback]

Yeah, we've said since year 2 that we have to get better about that, maybe we'll actually do it. :huh:

I was more concerned with the line that said we PAID them...

I didn't know what they were doing either. I wasn't asked to buy a ticket and by the time we got back from visiting Lot 1 Pole 6, they were already drawing for winners.I agree with having waller volunteers. We may not be as young and skinny - but I'll bet we sell more tickets.

I think that we should have a REGISTRATION TABLE under the tent and as soon as you get there go get

1. checked off

2. a wrist band that let's everyone know that you are a $5 paid person entiltled to the water, pop gaterade etc.

3. name tag

4. will be told about the raffles

5. will be given the group ticket prize- towel cup whatever it is.

I will be glad to do the registration table until 11 am with help from TBD'ers

name tags were at one table - the wall as great as it was separated the tent and was difficult to get around it with the congestion of the people grills chairs etc.

There is a better way to set up tables under the tent if we have long ones too.

Ticket sellers--Nicki said she will sell tickets next year. People can have the option of buying when registering and addtioional from Nicki or just buy one place or the other. Nicki said she would love to and might have her sister help. Poor Rock will have to have a guard with two daughters there.

I know I have a BIG MOUTH but didn't think of the group pix until almost noon or was it even after the game. I took pix but if the WALL gets put where more people can gather by it without the grills.

think that we should have a REGISTRATION TABLE under the tent and as soon as you get there go get

1. checked off

2. a wrist band that let's everyone know that you are a $5 paid person entiltled to the water, pop gaterade etc.

3. name tag

4. will be told about the raffles

5. will be given the group ticket prize- towel cup whatever it is.

I will be glad to do the registration table until 11 am with help from TBD'ers

name tags were at one table - the wall as great as it was separated the tent and was difficult to get around it with the congestion of the people grills chairs etc.

There is a better way to set up tables under the tent if we have long ones too.

Ticket sellers--Nicki said she will sell tickets next year. People can have the option of buying when registering and addtioional from Nicki or just buy one place or the other. Nicki said she would love to and might have her sister help. Poor Rock will have to have a guard with two daughters there.

I know I have a BIG MOUTH but didn't think of the group pix until almost noon or was it even after the game. I took pix but if the WALL gets put where more people can gather by it without the grills.

Great points Cindy!!

Nicki said she would love to and might have her sister help. Poor Rock will have to have a guard with two daughters there.

34884[/snapback]

All Nicki would need to do if people are bothering her is point out Mark VI, Bob Lamb, and R. Rich and call them her bodyguards.

The trampoline girls were way too heavilly clothed... I am only saying this out of genuine concern for the young ladies' health. It was a hot day, and string bikinis would have been a much more sensible choice as a precaution against heat stroke... You know me ... Health first!

They were supposed to be wearing little skirts, chaser. Check them out the next home game.