Who Do You Trust?

Ennjay

Reading and hearing pre-season talk about the Bills reminds me how frustrated I get with the national football media because most of these guys NEVER WATCH THE GAMES AND DON'T SEE THESE GUYS PLAY. Thus, the national surprise about the Bills cutting Bledsoe -- if you haven't seen his mistakes and flaws you still think he's a Pro Bowler. Also the national indignation over trading Henry -- never mind he's slow, can't block, and can't catch.

I trust Dr. Z because I think he makes the effort to watch game tapes. I think Chris Mortenson generally does his homework. And I like watching Ron Jaworski (the Lackawanna Rifle!) break down tapes but I'm not sure how many games he catches.

Whose opinions do you trust in the football media?

Reading and hearing pre-season talk about the Bills reminds me how frustrated I get with the national football media because most of these guys NEVER WATCH THE GAMES AND DON'T SEE THESE GUYS PLAY.  Thus, the national surprise about the Bills cutting Bledsoe -- if you haven't seen his mistakes and flaws you still think he's a Pro Bowler.  Also the national indignation over trading Henry -- never mind he's slow, can't block, and can't catch.

I trust Dr. Z because I think he makes the effort to watch game tapes.  I think Chris Mortenson generally does his homework.  And I like watching Ron Jaworski (the Lackawanna Rifle!) break down tapes but I'm not sure how many games he catches.

419070[/snapback]

FOOTBALL: Chris Mortensen

BASEBALL: Peter Gammons

HOCKEY: JIM KELLEY

BASKETBALL: who cares

PTR

I agree with you, we never get any run! This shouldn't be a suprize to anyone who's been a Bills fan for a few years! I really don't read anyone. Those who write good about the Bills are mostly homers and those that trash the Bills are mostly everyone else. I do my own research from many different sources.

Jeff

Reading and hearing pre-season talk about the Bills reminds me how frustrated I get with the national football media because most of these guys NEVER WATCH THE GAMES AND DON'T SEE THESE GUYS PLAY.  Thus, the national surprise about the Bills cutting Bledsoe -- if you haven't seen his mistakes and flaws you still think he's a Pro Bowler.  Also the national indignation over trading Henry -- never mind he's slow, can't block, and can't catch.

I trust Dr. Z because I think he makes the effort to watch game tapes.  I think Chris Mortenson generally does his homework.  And I like watching Ron Jaworski (the Lackawanna Rifle!) break down tapes but I'm not sure how many games he catches.

419070[/snapback]

You can say what you want about DB but RB's who amass 1700 rushing yards in back-to-back years are not slow, can't catch, or are just plain stupid yet seem to make the PB.

You can say what you want about DB but RB's who amass 1700 rushing yards in back-to-back years are not slow, can't catch, or are just plain stupid yet seem to make the PB.

419472[/snapback]

what bills' RB did this? OJ? why are stats from the 70s relevant to this conversation?

Based on what I saw in the stupid fantasy football draft that they aired on espn yesterday, Nick Lachey (no clue how to spell that) should be the source for all things football. :devil:

419508[/snapback]

Not to mention Sussie Kolber (sp) who picked the Steelers D in the second round.

Not to mention Sussie Kolber (sp) who picked the Steelers D in the second round.

419511[/snapback]

I turned it off after the Lamont Jordan pick. I couldn't stop laughing at that one.

Vic Carucci. Defintely my favorite NFL writer.

419505[/snapback]

I don't read him that often. Is he up to speed on most teams? That's what impresses me about Mort. For example, what he had to say before Henry was traded indicated he actually understood the Bills' position. Just for comparison, guys like Mike & Mike never did.

What a concept! :D

419593[/snapback]

Exactly. Most columnists, writers, etc. at most read the OTHER columnists, writers, etc. and just repeat the juicy parts.

My local paper (the Bergen Record) has a Felser-type football writer, Vinny DiTrani, who's a HOF voter, etc., and gets a lot of column space weekly to opine on the NFL. Other than the Giants (whom he covers), he never shows any familiarity with anyone -- he just repeats things that usually I've already seen on the 'Net. And he's a leading sportswriter around here! (He rarely even has much insight about the Jets, and they're not exactly a distant team that's hard to follow from here.)