Who Do You Trust?

Ennjay

Exactly.  Most columnists, writers, etc. at most read the OTHER columnists, writers, etc. and just repeat the juicy parts.

My local paper (the Bergen Record) has a Felser-type football writer, Vinny DiTrani, who's a HOF voter, etc., and gets a lot of column space weekly to opine on the NFL.  Other than the Giants (whom he covers), he never shows any familiarity with anyone -- he just repeats things that usually I've already seen on the 'Net.  And he's a leading sportswriter around here!  (He rarely even has much insight about the Jets, and they're not exactly a distant team that's hard to follow from here.)

419603[/snapback]

Your local paper is the Bergen Record? Adrian Wojnarowski (Bona grad) still down there? I like his style.

Agree with Carucci, Dr. Z., and Mort. As for most of the rest of the "national" media, I trust the opinions of some of our fellow Wallers more.....

Your local paper is the Bergen Record? Adrian Wojnarowski (Bona grad) still down there? I like his style.

Agree with Carucci, Dr. Z., and Mort. As for most of the rest of the "national" media, I trust the opinions of some of our fellow Wallers more.....

419630[/snapback]

Upon occasion Woj mentions his Bona days. He was pretty torn up by the BKB scandal last year. He is pretty good, but writes more about baseball and hockey than football. (He doesn't pretend he knows what every other team is doing, either.)

Now back to the topic . . .