Pats pick up Andre' Davis

Thailog80

• Replies 260
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I need to disagree with you AKC, i'm sure brady has gone balls deep on 6 guys in 1 day before...or maybe it was them going balls deep on him...

417852[/snapback]

Yes you're correct Ramius. I also remember several occasions where Brady went "knuckle deep" on his center at least 6 times...

I'm all for throwing daggers at Pats fans. But, Mr. American Kennel Club, did this topic really need to become a new topic?

417862[/snapback]

I think all trolls should have their sig lines branded as such, and that all troll posts should be transferred to a troll-specific sub forum, for troll doings only. Not the Ice kind of troll, but the "other teams" kind of troll. Not sure if the programming exists to do this, or if there is mod out there with that kind of time on thier hands.. Just a thought, enjoy the rest of the day folks. Booyah!

Link?

And did this really need another thread?

And since you have decided to abandon the argument in the thread in which it existed, can I take that as yet another concession of the debate?

417856[/snapback]

You may have heard of Jim Kelly? A true Long Ball QB- see any Bill's Regular Season game in the 1988-1991 seasons.

Can we lower the bar for your little man? Why don't we drop the measure to only 5 deep balls-

Can you name ONE regular season game in which your fantasy "Long Ball Brady" threw 5 deep balls?

Hey- Maybe if I stay with it long enough and we get to "Name ONE regular season game where Brady threw ONE deep ball" you'll actually respond with evidence!

The definition depends upon whether we're including statistical evidence and applying the name or simply applying a fan's observations from field play. I'd approach it from the fan side by saying that since most downfield teams are going to go to the well maybe 5 or 6 times a game on the average and those are typically, with true "Long Ball" QBs like Culpepper tosses that break somehwere in the 45+ yards from QB to Receiver, I could live with a 45+ number without, of course RAC. Obviously we're not talking about any quality issues here, but the dinkers in the league can get maybe one big toss like that in a game without losing their arm over the course of the season but it's only the big boys who can do it any time and with regularity.

The latest AKC contention (bolded above) on what actually happens in NFL games again couldn't be further removed from reality.

There were no quarterbacks in the league that regularly threw passes longer than 40 yards in the NFL 6 times per game last year….or 5…..or 4….or 3….or even twice. In fact, it was an anomaly for a quarterback last year to average as much as 1 pass attempt over 40 yards per game. Only four quarterbacks did so - McNabb, Culpepper, Kerry Collins, and Brady. Keep in mind that these stats are for passes thrown and not yardage gained – they track the distance the ball is thrown from the line of scrimmage to where the receiver catches the ball.

I took a list of 25 quarterbacks and looked at their passing splits from last season on CNN/SI and compiled their stats for passes that were thrown over 40 yards in 2004. I didn’t consider any QB’s from Cleveland, Arizona, SF, Chicago, the NYG, TB, and Miami.

The top five in terms of completions on passes thrown over 40 yards were:

McNabb 9

Bledsoe 8

Brady 7

Culpepper 7

Palmer 5

The top five in terms of attempts on passes thrown over 40 yards were:

McNabb 25

Culpepper 17

K. Collins 17

Brady 16

Bledsoe 15

The top five in terms of percentage completed on passes over 40 yards were:

Bledsoe .533 (8-15)

Favre .444 (4-9)

Brady .438 (7-16)

Boller .428 (3-7)

Pennington .428 (3-7)

Brady is in the top 4 out of the 25 in all three categories.

For posterity, the 25 QB's were Culpepper, P. Manning, Brady, Bledsoe, McNabb, Green, Delhomme, Bulger, Collins, Favre, Harrington, Brees, Plummer, M. Hasselbeck, Vick, Brooks, Big Ben, Palmer, Pennington, McNair, Carr, Leftwich, Brunell, Testaverde, and Boller.

The latest AKC contention (bolded above) on what actually happens in NFL games again couldn't be further removed from reality.

418003[/snapback]

You should try watching the game of football every now and then. If you had you wouldn't even begin to argue that Brady is a "Long Ball" QB like your friend Hollywood Pinnochio.

Let's let the film tell the story- I'll drop the bar one more time and ask you to only produce ONE game in the 2004 Regular season where Brady tossed 4 passes that were in the air for 45+ yards. You can't do it because it never happened. That's, of course, because Brady is not a "Long Ball" QB.

So the question becomes how low must the standard be set to argue that Brady is a "long Ball" QB?

Would we be forced to lower the standard to passes over 25+ yards and limit it to 3 in a game in order for him to qualify? And if we did that would we not be including every Steve Bono and Kyle Boller in the league into the category you guys keep trying to incorrectly lift Brady to? Go ahead, tell me what the standrads would have to be for Brady to "make the club"-

2 passes of over 30 yards in the same game once in the regular season?

But do please spare us your lack of understanding of what is obvious to anyone who watches actual NFL games- Culpepper is a guy who can go long every game all year long and still have an arm left in the playoffs. Brady does that only in the imaginations of Pat's fans hoping to someday wear a Brady facial.

Tissue?

Bledsoe    8

Brady       7

Brady         16

Bledsoe      15

The top five in terms of percentage completed on passes over 40 yards were:

Bledsoe  .533   (8-15)

Brady     .438    (7-16)

418003[/snapback]

Ha! You tards should've kept Bledsoe! I bet Belichek is going ;) right now!

:P:lol:

I took a list of 25 quarterbacks and looked at their passing splits from last season on CNN/SI and compiled their stats for passes that were thrown over 40 yards in 2004. I didn’t consider any QB’s from Cleveland, Arizona, SF, Chicago, the NYG, TB, and Miami.

418003[/snapback]

Am I glad you brought those passing splits up- they provide perfect evidence of how poor Brady is at throwing downfield-

Of Brady's Passer Rating, it's his work UNDER 20 yards that has him up in the 90s overall, mostly the behind the LOS and 0-10 yard passes. His rating OVER 20 yards falls to about 60.

Now look at Culpepper- a real "Long Ball QB". His rating over 20 yards is something like 110!

Clearly the stats you have provided prove that considering Culpepper and Brady being in the same league as far as "Long Balls" would be foolish; thanks for bringing them to our attention. Your friend Hollywood though might not be so humored by the facts you have helped us prove!

Culpepper is a guy who can go long every game all year long and still have an arm left in the playoffs. Brady does that only in the imaginations of Pat's fans hoping to someday wear a Brady facial.

McNabb 9

Bledsoe 8

Brady 7

Culpepper 7

Palmer 5

McNabb 25

Culpepper 17

K. Collins 17

Brady 16

Bledsoe 15

;)

You have been revealed as completely and utterly wrong on this topic, AKC. Now stop trolling.

[

You have been revealed as completely and utterly wrong on this topic, AKC.  Now stop trolling.

418190[/snapback]

You still around? I figured you were busy watching game film to find the regular season game in which Brady actually threw 5 deep balls-

Tom Brady = QB rating of 58 on passes over 20 yards- A True "Long Baller" (in the minds of the inept)-

BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

McNabb 9

Bledsoe 8

Brady 7

Culpepper 7

Palmer 5

McNabb 25

Culpepper 17

K. Collins 17

Brady 16

Bledsoe 15

;)

You have been revealed as completely and utterly wrong on this topic, AKC. Now stop trolling.

418190[/snapback]

He will just try to change the topic, instead of admitting he is dead wrong. So typical.

BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

What have you to say about "long baller" Culpepper throwing only one more deep pass than Brady in '04, and completing the same amount?

And what have you to say about your claim that true "long ballers" throw 6 long passes per game (over 16 games, that's 96 per season), when the NFL leader had only 25 (1.6 per game), and when the top 5 averged just 18 (1.1 per game)?