Pats pick up Andre' Davis

Thailog80

How about acknowledging MY challenge - provide a single outside source to back up your position.

417800[/snapback]

The games? Which ones are they--- Buff NE--NO NEVER HAPPENED--

Uh, NE- Jets-- Nope-- Uh

You Jellyfish are awesome--

So tell us now- -where are these "deep ball" games Brady has thrown the regualr season- CAN YOU NAME EVEN ONE?

• Replies 260
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Then you'lll be happy to identify even ONE single regular season game in which he has thrown 6 deep balls!

First off, that's a ridiculous qualification. Go find a game where Culpepper threw 6 balls over 45 yards (and equally ridiculous qualification). That's a lot.

Secondly, I've no need to do that, since I've already proven that Brady ranked 4th in the NFL last season in deep pass percentage. MY point has been proven, YOURS has not. You go find some data that proves Brady throws as few deep passes as you claim.

honestly...the amount of nonsense you spew on here..I would not be the least suprised if you were one of those trained monkeys with a typewriter, smoking a cigarette and drinking coffee

417801[/snapback]

It's sour mash.

honestly...the amount of nonsense you spew on here..I would not be the least suprised if you were one of those trained monkeys with a typewriter, smoking a cigarette and drinking coffee

417801[/snapback]

Those smoking monkeys are hilarious...and wearing a little suit, too! ;)

First off, that's a ridiculous qualification.  Go find a game where Culpepper threw 6 balls over 45 yards (and equally ridiculous qualification).  That's a lot.

Secondly, I've no need to do that, since I've already proven that Brady ranked 4th in the NFL last season in deep pass percentage.  MY point has been proven, YOURS has not.  You go find some data that proves Brady throws as few deep passes as you claim.

417807[/snapback]

Should I be surprised that you've turned tables and run like a coward from your post yesterday in response to my standard of 6 deep balls a game-

So we're in agreement, then.

Glad that's settled. You, me, and Dr. Z (among others) all consider Brady one of the best deep passers around. I knew you'd come around.

Now that I've asked for you to cite a game in which Brady throws deep balls you're folding up that easily?

OK, How about I allow you to set the standard- tell me what Brady's great "long ball" day was in any regular season game! Please do share with us!

So tell us now- -where are these "deep ball" games Brady has thrown the regualr season- CAN YOU NAME EVEN ONE?

Why regular season?

Here is the problem with your "6 deep passes per game" qualification. The game after which published sports journalist Zimmerman bestowed upon Brady the title of "one of the best and most consistent deep ball passers in the NFL" was the '04-'05 AFCC game against Pittsburgh. Brady threw two long balls in that game, each thrown PERFECTLY, each leading to TDs.

Maybe you need a course in the virtues of quality over quantity.

Should I be surprised that you've turned tables and run like a coward from your post yesterday in response to my standard of 6 deep balls a game-

So we're in agreement, then.

Glad that's settled. You, me, and Dr. Z (among others) all consider Brady one of the best deep passers around. I knew you'd come around.

I was referring to your agreement with the author of the Fox Sports article that a "deep pass" is one which travels great distances through the air.

Why regular season?

Here is the problem with your "6 deep passes per game" qualification.  The game after which published sports journalist Zimmerman bestowed upon Brady the title of "one of the best and most consistent deep ball passers in the NFL" was the '04-'05 AFCC game against Pittsburgh.  Brady threw two long balls in that game, each thrown PERFECTLY, each leading to TDs.

Maybe you need a course in the virtues of quality over quantity.

417819[/snapback]

Well you could hardly call somene a "long ball" QB if they never did it in the regular season now- at least not and have an ounce of credibility.

I was referring to your agreement with the author of the Fox Sports article that a "deep pass" is one which travels great distances through the air.

417821[/snapback]

Twisting----squirming----

What a load of BS- that was a direct reposnce ot my specific measures, measures you've obviously given up on.

What's clear is that you don't even feel you can name ONE SINGLE REGULAR SEASON GAME in which Brady threw 6 deep balls.

Then since you've bailed out of the argument, let me ask you this-

How dare you call him a Long Ball QB if you yourself acknowledge now that he's never done it in the regular season?

Did you guys hear that Andre' Davis was traded to the Pats?

417824[/snapback]

he was? wow...

Now, does anybody have any thoughts/articles/stats on the number of deep balls brady has thrown recently? I've searched and searched and found nothing...

Well now you could hardly call somene a "long ball" QB if they never did it in the regular season now- at least not and have an ounce of credibility.

Why is that, now? Explain yourself. And while you're at at it, further explain this comment, please (in response to ATBNG's discovery that Brady's averge completion traveled further than "long ball" Culpepper's):

"Absolutely, which is the case in almost every dink and dunk short passing offense- the long ball teams topping the RAC category have lower average pass in the air stats while the little dink and dunk offenses like NE have a lower RAC and higher average pass in the air. The stats are almost perfectly consistent in this grouping."

What's clear is that you don't even feel you can name ONE SINGLE REGULAR SEASON GAME in which Brady threw 6 deep balls.

Why don't you name ONE SINGLE GAME in which ANY QB has thrown 6 deep balls by your classifications. If you're going to use that as a standard, you might as well prove that it's remotely realistic.

Your brother is having some "difficulty" supporting his contention that Tom Brady is a long ball Quarterback yet he is unable to cite even a single regular season game in which Brady has thrown long with any regularity.

Could you please help your own fan out by offering the dates of all the regular season games where “Long Ball Brady” has gone deep at least 6 times in one game?

Thanks for your help! Save HD!

Your brother is having some "difficulty" supporting his contention that Tom Brady is a long ball Quarterback yet he is unable to cite even a single regular season game in which Brady has thrown long with any regularity.

Could you please help your own fan out by offering the dates of all the regular season games where “Long Ball Brady” has gone deep at least 6 times in one game?

417834[/snapback]

Control your wine tasting habit, AKC. ;)

417834[/snapback]

Which long ball QB has gone deep 6 times in a game?