Pats pick up Andre' Davis

Thailog80

Will the two of you make the BET as to how many deep balls Brady will throw this year, print it so you have a hard copy and then both of you STFU! :lol:

I'm not talking about next year.

This thread is the result of a (false) statement by AKC that Brady is strictly a short passer, followed by a (true) comment by me stating that Brady has become one of the best deep throwers in the game today. I provided indisputable proof of my claim, and now AKC appears to have made up a false QB rating to back up his claim, and is just posting that in large red lettering every 5 seconds.

He stated a falsehood, I called him on it, and now I just want him to admit that he was wrong.

• Replies 260
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'll side with AKC, marsha [sic] can't throw the ball long.

I read all the posts, AKC has me convinced.

What, specifically, convinced you? ATBNG and I provided a number of statistical breakdowns detailing Brady's deep passing prowess, while AKC has posted none, save a QB rating that he's refused to verify.

What, specifically, convinced you?  ATBNG and I provided a number of statistical breakdowns detailing Brady's deep passing prowess, while AKC has posted none, save a QB rating that he's refused to verify.

418450[/snapback]

Probably watching the little guy throw the ball during games, and if not that his horrible Passer Rating of 58 on anything over 20 yards.

This is all very simple- and the stats bear out what the film on Sundays says- Brady makes his living and supports his QB rating on passes from behind the LOS to the 20. Beyond that his effectiveness diminishes greatly. And that also disqualifies him from being represented as a "Long Ball" QB by anyone with a lick of honesty or integrity. But then you are a Troll, and we don't expect any less of you ;-)

Probably watching the little guy throw the ball during games

Ah, but it's been proven in this thread that, during games, Brady throws more deep passes than all but 3 other NFL QBs. So it can't be that.

and if not that his horrible Passer Rating of 58 on anything over 20 yards.

Got a source for that yet?

And I thought a pass had to be over 45 yards for you to consider it a deep pass. What with this 20 yard number?

Ah, but it's been proven in this thread that, during games, Brady throws more deep passes than all but 3 other NFL QBs.  So it can't be that.

Got a source for that yet?

And I thought a pass had to be over 45 yards for you to consider it a deep pass.  What with this 20 yard number?

418461[/snapback]

Now now Mr. 58, your buddy introduced the stats- now you don't like them?

What's indisputable is that Brady would fold up like an Indian 3 piece if he were given charge of an offense that needed a long ball guy who can be effective over 20 yards. His rating of 58 is, after all, very Luke McCownish beyond the 20.

Now now Mr. 58, your buddy introduced the stats- now you don't like them?

My buddy didn't offer any stats on completions, attempts, yards, TDs, or INTs on passes over 20 yards, at least not that I can see. Please point them out to me if I'm missing them.

Until then, I'll continue to believe that your big red 58 is a fabrication of your psychologically unsound mind.

What's indisputable is that Brady would fold up like an Indian 3 piece if he were given charge of an offense that needed a long ball guy who can be effective over 20 yards.

What 20 yards? I thought this was a discussion about deep passes. You know, those types of throws you qualified as "having to travel 45+ yards in the air?"

His rating of 58 is, after all, very Luke McCownish beyond the 20.

Show me the numbers, or stop trolling.

Show me the numbers, or stop trolling.

418476[/snapback]

Now you can't even find your buddie's link, the one you were referring to repeatedly until I pointed out that it exposed how pathetic Brady's game is over 20 yards?

Here's your mantra:

"Long Ball Brady's a 58", "Long Ball Brady's a 58", Long Ball Brady's a 58"

Apparently not.  If it reveals what you claim it does, you should be anxious to point it out to me.

418482[/snapback]

Are you truly a moron or just acting like one for my amusement?

I won't dignify your ignorance if you are unable to locate ABTNGs links. But I will be happy to point that ignorance out over and over and over- so please keep asking my "Long Ball" Donahoe!

Are you truly a moron or just acting like one for my amusement?

I won't dignify your ignorance if you are unable to locate ABTNGs links.

I'm a moron? ATBNG didn't even post any LINKS, as you claim he did. He posted only numbers. If I'm a moron, why do I know that and you DON'T?

He did mention that he got his stats from CNN/SI, though, so I went there and found some splits.

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/football/...ing_splits.html

You were both right and wrong.

Right in that Brady's QB rating on passes over 20 yards last year was quite low.

Wrong in that it was not 58, but 54.

But we are not discussing passes over 20 yards, now are we? We are discussing passes over 45 (or 41, in CNN/SI's stats).

I'm not surprised that you didn't mention Brady's QB rating on deep passes, which, if you'll remember, is the actual topic of this discussion.

It's 90.6.

What was Daunte Culpepper's, you ask? That beacon of deep passing proficiency? That QB that you claim is a true deep passer in a way that Tom Brady could never hope to be?

It is done, troll.

It is done, troll.

418491[/snapback]

Done? I've only gotten started exposing you!

Why would any team bother covering the deep ball against a QB whose Passer Rating over 20 yards is 54 as you are so kind to contribute!

I'll make the question so easy even a moron could grasp it- that way there's a chance you'll respond:

Name the regular season game in which you believe Tom Brady establishes himself as a long ball QB to place him among the "Long Ball" passers in the league like McNabb and Culpepper?

Name the regular season game in which you believe Tom Brady establishes himself as a long ball QB to place him among the "Long Ball" passers in the league like McNabb and Culpepper?

One game? I'll do you 15 better. Here are the 16 games in which Brady established himself as a long ball passer in the league of McNabb and Culpepper:

Indianapolis

@ Arizona

@ Buffalo

Miami

Seattle

New York Jets

@ Pittsburgh

@ St. Louis

Buffalo

@ Kansas City

Baltimore

@ Cleveland

Cincinnati

@ Miami

@ New York Jets

San Francisco

Why limit it to just one? Those 16 games make up the 2004 NFL season. During that season, Brady:

- completed as many deep passes as Culpepper, and just 2 fewer than McNabb (in 9 fewer attempts).

- attempted 16 deep passes, just 1 less than Culpepper and good for 4th in the league.

- completed deep passes at a .438 rate (7-16), better than both McNabb and Culpepper and good for 3rd in the league.

There you have it. Doesn't get any more straightforward than that. One game, you asked for? Great deep passers - nay, great players - aren't made in single games, they are made over the course of entire seasons, and into the post-season. Remember, it was after Brady threw two perfect deep passes that led to 14 points in the AFCC game that a major national media outlet dubbed him a great deep passer. A win-or-go-home game near the end of a long season - that, truly, is where legends are born.

One game?  I'll do you 15 better.  Here are the 16 games in which Brady established himself as a long ball passer in the league of McNabb and Culpepper:

Indianapolis

Thank you, thank you thank you. The good news is we won't have to go even two games into the season to pull your pants down and prove the the public that "Long Balls" are hardly a trait in your family- or your team for that matter.

Against Indy Brady didn't even launch a pass of 30 yards or better. "Long Ball Brady" indeed!

Is that chirping I hear ;-)

Just curious...

Aren't either of you (ie, AKC or Hollywood) growing just a bit tired of this little debate?

Hollywood seems to think Brady walks on water. AKC seems to think Brady is incapable of throwing a ball more than 5 feet. Can't y'all just agree to disagree? :lol:

AKC seems to think Brady is incapable of throwing a ball more than 5 feet. 

418525[/snapback]

If you'd accurately like to portray my position it's that while you can say many good things about Brady's game, being a "Long Ball" QB is not one of them.

But I do think you've captured HD's worship of "Mr. 54" succinctly and accurately.