I still think Reed makes the team...

LabattBlue

As they pointed out in the broadcast yeaterday, Reed is a very good blocker and he had a few nice grabs yesterday. Yes he dropped a pass in the endzone on the flea flicker, but I think the Bills give him a shot especially in light of the Parrish injury. Wilson & Haddad aren't going to be gobbled up by other teams. If Reed struggles to start the season(as he has done in the past), cut him loose and bring back Wilson, Haddad or Fast Freddie(whomever gets cut).

What the heck is going on with Sam Aiken?  Everyone was raving about his off-season but he is completely off the radar screen at this point.  Do you think he is in danger of getting cut?

413692[/snapback]

I don't think Aiken is going anywhere. He is either #3 or #4 on the depth chart with Roscoe's injury. I don't think you can judge his future on the team based on one pre-season game and lack of cathes in the game.

I think Reed makes the team, esp. with Parrish out. Except for the unacceptable drop in the EZ he had a good game.

Aiken is MIA but may not be his fault the ball did not come his way.

Actually, just saw where Aiken didn't come back to the ball on the blitz. Losman had a wicked through down the field to no one. Aiken never got there.

I don't think Aiken is going anywhere.  He is either #3 or #4 on the depth chart with Roscoe's injury.  I don't think you can judge his future on the team based on one pre-season game and lack of cathes in the game.

413694[/snapback]

I disagree with you. I think Aiken is walking a thin line and could be cut if doesn't do anything the next two games. Due to Parrish's injury I think we keep 6 WRs and my 6 as of today are Moulds, Evans, Reed, Wilson, Haddad and Parrish*. (Parrish is only ranked so low because of his injury). Though I could see us dropping Haddad once Parrish gets healthy.

As they pointed out in the broadcast yeaterday, Reed is a very good blocker and he had a few nice grabs yesterday.  Yes he dropped a pass in the endzone on the flea flicker, but I think the Bills give him a shot especially in light of the Parrish injury.  Wilson & Haddad aren't going to be gobbled up by other teams.  If Reed struggles to start the season(as he has done in the past), cut him loose and bring back Wilson, Haddad or Fast Freddie(whomever gets cut).

413689[/snapback]

When does this guy not drop a ball?

I don't think Aiken is going anywhere.  He is either #3 or #4 on the depth chart with Roscoe's injury.  I don't think you can judge his future on the team based on one pre-season game and lack of cathes in the game.

413694[/snapback]

I wasn't basing my opinion on last nights game. It seems like Haddad was annointed the # 3 right over Aiken and Reed. What exactly did Haddad do to grab that spot? I have nothing against Drew, but it seems like the media just jumped right on his bandwagon.

(besides, Aiken is killing in my Madden 06: last game stat line: 8 catches 161 yards 3 TD's )

Haddad played in one game for Indy over a three year period.  I think it would be kind of hard to have a "great" year based on that one game? :D

http://www.nfl.com/players/playerpage/187553

413944[/snapback]

I believe he is referring to the pre-season that year when Haddad returned two punts for touchdowns (and which may have been in the same game).

I disagree with you. I think Aiken is walking a thin line and could be cut if doesn't do anything the next two games. Due to Parrish's injury I think we keep 6 WRs and my 6 as of today are Moulds, Evans, Reed, Wilson, Haddad and Parrish*. (Parrish is only ranked so low because of his injury).  Though I could see us dropping Haddad once Parrish gets healthy.

413722[/snapback]

I was also very disappointed in Sam Aiken in the Packers game.

Was it twice that he failed to come back when JP expected him to be there? (Or was it just once, but I watched the game twice?!)

For all of Aiken's apparent skills (good size and speed), he seems to be underachieving. They can't all be Eric Moulds, of course, but I expected more from Aiken now in his 3rd (?) season.

As they pointed out in the broadcast yeaterday, Reed is a very good blocker and he had a few nice grabs yesterday.  Yes he dropped a pass in the endzone on the flea flicker, but I think the Bills give him a shot especially in light of the Parrish injury.  Wilson & Haddad aren't going to be gobbled up by other teams.  If Reed struggles to start the season(as he has done in the past), cut him loose and bring back Wilson, Haddad or Fast Freddie(whomever gets cut).

413689[/snapback]

Maybe they should change his position to "run blocking WR". Although, after the 100th running play or so other teams might figure out the game plan.

I was also very disappointed in Sam Aiken in the Packers game.

Was it twice that he failed to come back when JP expected him to be there? (Or was it just once, but I watched the game twice?!)

For all of Aiken's apparent skills (good size and speed), he seems to be underachieving. They can't all be Eric Moulds, of course, but I expected more from Aiken now in his 3rd (?) season.

414043[/snapback]

The interesting thing to me was that the play before JP threw to a spot where Aiken was not, he reached out to hand-off to Lee in a spot where Lee was not and had to pull back the ball and scamper for positive yards.

While the incomplete pass may have been all Aiken's fault because a better WR would have made the same hot-read or heard the audible as the QB, most accurately it was probably a failure between the two to be on the same page and perhaps not Aiken's fault solely for being wrong.

If anything, I think the evidence points toward JP erors:

1. He sure seemed to have plenty of time to make the throw (I think even the announcer commented on this) so if it was a hot-read made by JP and not by Aiken, Aiken would seem to be correct.

2. Though different reads may be the primary problem the QB is running things and the fact is that not only will he get the credit if it works, he gets the blame if it doesn't.

Given there were two disconnects in a row, they both had one player who was a main actor in tow disconnects.