Bledsoe does what?

richNjoisy

-- Bledsoe Holding the Ball too Long --

Thu Aug 18, 2005 --from FFMastermind.com

#

The San Antonio Express-News reports Dallas Cowboys HC Bill Parcells believes QB Drew Bledsoe, who has been sacked 402 times during his NFL career, holds the ball too long. Bledsoe was sacked twice and knocked down at least three other times in the 13-11 loss to Arizona on Saturday in the preseason opener. He said afterward the play of the Cardinals' secondary often forced him to keep the ball longer than he would have preferred. "A couple of times, I was able to get to my No. 4 progression, and I didn't have anybody open," said Bledsoe, who completed 4 of 8 passes for 27 yards. He also fumbled and nearly threw an interception. Parcells said it would be wrong to assume that Bledsoe is an easy target because of a lack of athletic skill. "People have this misconception of him not being able to run and move around," Parcells said. "He's actually a pretty fast runner. If you time him in the 40, he's not going to run it in 5 seconds flat. He's going to run much better than that." While Bledsoe's tendency to hold onto the ball too long worries Parcells, it's a trait that has won the No. 1 pick of the 1993 draft the admiration of his teammates.

While Bledsoe's tendency to hold onto the ball too long worries Parcells, it's a trait that has won the No. 1 pick of the 1993 draft the admiration of his teammates.

411395[/snapback]

Yeah...they admire the fact that he can get up after getting hammered time and time again from holding the ball too long, but at they same time, they are pissed off beyond belief that a QB that has been in the league as long as he has, can't figure out when to throw the ball away. :lol:

Yeah...they admire the fact that he can get up after getting hammered time and time again from holding the ball too long, but at they same time, they are pissed off beyond belief that a QB that has been in the league as long as he has, can't figure out when to throw the ball away. :lol:

411411[/snapback]

Yeah- I'm sure they'll admire him plenty when he coughs up a turnover insdie the 20 from holding the ball too long

...Dallas Cowboys HC Bill Parcells believes QB Drew Bledsoe, who has been sacked 402 times during his NFL career, holds the ball too long...

Oh, sweet bobblehead Jesus! I read something like this and I start to shake my head as I re-live so many painful memories. Then I start to laugh as I realize that this is some other jerk's problem now. And all of those bad feelings start to wash away finally and I feel as if I'm reborn and all the world is filled with wonderful new possibilities. Then come the tears, as the joy becomes almost too much.

God bless you Drew Bledsoe, you magnificent lead-footed, yellow-seeing, 4th quarter-fumbling bastard!

I guess Parcells didn't watch any tapes of Bills games from last year and doesn't remember when Drew was his QB in NE. (Sarcasm button ON) Parcells is a genius though so there is no doubt he will cure what ails Drew

parcells is nothing if not arrogant.  he believes he can will players to overcome their weaknesses.

411475[/snapback]

I must preface this by saying that I hold no ill will or hatred towards Bledsoe. That being said, I hope that by bringing him to Dallas, Bill Parcells (whom I DO loath) will in effect cause Jerry Jones to flush both of those turdz after this season....

Eight years have passed under the bridge since Bill and Drew's last love fest. EIGHT YEARS. In Bledsoe years, it might as well be eighty. A QB who could not afford to lose any speed, mobility, or quick thinking ability has lost significant portions of all these. Parcells and Bledsoe are both doomed.

#

The San Antonio Express-News reports Dallas Cowboys HC Bill Parcells believes QB Drew Bledsoe, who has been sacked 402 times during his NFL career, holds the ball too long. Bledsoe was sacked twice and knocked down at least three other times in the 13-11 loss to Arizona on Saturday in the preseason opener. He said afterward the play of the Cardinals' secondary often forced him to keep the ball longer than he would have preferred. "A couple of times, I was able to get to my No. 4 progression, and I didn't have anybody open," said Bledsoe, who completed 4 of 8 passes for 27 yards. He also fumbled and nearly threw an interception. Parcells said it would be wrong to assume that Bledsoe is an easy target because of a lack of athletic skill. "People have this misconception of him not being able to run and move around," Parcells said. "He's actually a pretty fast runner. If you time him in the 40, he's not going to run it in 5 seconds flat. He's going to run much better than that." While Bledsoe's tendency to hold onto the ball too long worries Parcells, it's a trait that has won the No. 1 pick of the 1993 draft the admiration of his teammates.

411395[/snapback]

The next thing you know, we'll be reading how he can't complete anything short.

#

411395[/snapback]

1) Admiration for holding the ball a long time? What a bunch of morons.

2) He went through to his 4th progression and there was no one open? Against the cardinals? Either a) bledsoe sucks b) cowboys receivers suck or c) All of the above.

3) Bledslow can run under 5.0?

1) Admiration for holding the ball a long time?  What a bunch of morons.

2) He went through to his 4th progression and there was no one open? Against the cardinals? Either a) bledsoe sucks b) cowboys receivers suck or c) All of the above.

3) Bledslow can run under 5.0?

411654[/snapback]

Hey, he can beat Bill. Probably looks pretty fast to him.

"People have this misconception of him not being able to run and move around," Parcells said. "He's actually a pretty fast runner. . . " if  everybody else is standing in Cement.

411683[/snapback]

One of the fantasy mags I bought this year described Bledsoe's running skills as "Bledsoe constantly appears as if he's running through a vat of pudding".

One of the fantasy mags I bought this year described Bledsoe's running skills as "Bledsoe constantly appears as if he's running through a vat of pudding".

411705[/snapback]

Same pudding that's between his two ears. :lol: