Game Thread Bills/Colts

As an old school fan, I really admire watching a crew of professional officials really work it and this bunch is sure putting on a show.  How are we going to fit all that laundry on the plane?

406880[/snapback]

I especially liked how they called us offside on our onside kick -- when nobody was offside!

If I have to see one more horse shoe fly up with that stupid slogan between each play, I'm going to go crazy. As if the commentators weren't bad enough. You have to have this stupid horse shoe fly across the screen with "Make it Personal". I can't take it anymore. Any one else feel me here?

If I have to see one more horse shoe fly up with that stupid slogan between each play, I'm going to go crazy.  As if the commentators weren't bad enough.  You have to have this stupid horse shoe fly across the screen with "Make it happen".  I can't take it anymore.  Any one else feel me here?

406884[/snapback]

Hmmm...I'm not watching the game, but the Bengal's tape delay game last night had their goofy orange tiger logo pop up in the middle of the screen during any replay, complete with "growl".

Obnoxious - and it blocks the replay action for a few seconds.

I'm only able to see the few plays NFL Network shows, but from the chat room reports, it seemed to have been a combination of drops and poor throws. However, he did play very well on the last two drives, going to 8/9 to finish 10/17 overall for 85 yards and 1 TD pass.

I'm only able to see the few plays NFL Network shows,  but from the chat room reports,  it seemed to have been a combination of drops and poor throws.  However,  he did play very well on the last two drives,  going to 8/9 to finish 10/17 overall for 85 yards and 1 TD pass.

406892[/snapback]

He's got some work to do, but the last few drives were very encouraging. And isnt that what we all wanted to see in Losman this year? Learning from his mistakes and then correcting them? Seems like he did that after a rough start.

I'm glad we pulled a majority of the starters when we did too...any injuries to report so far?

He's got some work to do, but the last few drives were very encouraging.  And isnt that what we all wanted to see in Losman this year?  Learning from his mistakes and then correcting them?  Seems like he did that after a rough start.

I'm glad we pulled a majority of the starters when we did too...any injuries to report so far?

406895[/snapback]

No injuries that I'm aware of.

As I stated in the chat room, I think we're going to see a lot of this type of play from JP this year. He's not going to be consistent at all from series to series, though as we saw tonight, that can be a good thing.

Seems odd to me, too.  Maybe "building confidence" or some such?

406904[/snapback]

I guess they want him to have more experience...but I'm sorry, the threat of injury is too great when you have a bunch of backups at this point just trying to make an impression.

Besides, Holcomb needs SOMETHING to do...

And damn, according to NFL.com's stats, we've held the Colts to -14 rushing yards. I know Edge isnt playing so its not that big of a deal...but our Defense has some serious depth by the looks of it.

I guess they want him to have more experience...but I'm sorry, the threat of injury is too great when you have a bunch of backups at this point just trying to make an impression. 

Besides, Holcomb needs SOMETHING to do...

And damn, according to NFL.com's stats, we've held the Colts to -14 rushing yards.  I know Edge isnt playing so its not that big of a deal...but our Defense has some serious depth by the looks of it.

406905[/snapback]

-14 yds rushing - holy crap :D:D:P

What's the score and time left?

I know it was 17-3 at Half but I can't find any updates anywhere.

Anything good occuring the 2nd half?

Thanks

406911[/snapback]

Travis Brown (yes...THE Travis Brown) just threw a TD pass against our secondary...its 17 to 10 now in the late 3rd.

Heeeeey...Travis is looking good...mabye...we...shouldnt have...

:D

Travis Brown (yes...THE Travis Brown) just threw a TD pass against our secondary...its 17 to 10 now in the late 3rd.

Heeeeey...Travis is looking good...mabye...we...shouldnt have...

:D

406914[/snapback]

Following on NFL.com. Can't get into chatroom.

What's with these penalties?

Following on NFL.com. Can't get into chatroom.

What's with these penalties?

406917[/snapback]

They are playing pretty stupid by the sounds of it...I've got the Bills/Colts game on the radio and the Giants/Browns game on the TV (thats what I get for living in the Albany area) and there are a crapload of flags in that game too.

Thats the first preseason game for ya...

And come on...we all know what Holcomb can do...lets see Woodbury get a shot!

They are playing pretty stupid by the sounds of it...I've got the Bills/Colts game on the radio and the Giants/Browns game on the TV (thats what I get for living in the Albany area) and there are a crapload of flags in that game too.

Thats the first preseason game for ya...

406918[/snapback]

I'm hoping the refs are flag happy just to get it into the players heads what they'll be looking at this year, but since I can't see I can't tell.

I'm hoping the refs are flag happy just to get it into the players heads what they'll be looking at this year, but since I can't see I can't tell.

406921[/snapback]

I imagine the ref's need to get tuned up, too...takes a bit of time to shake the cobwebs out.

Besides, management and the TV moguls are't especially pleased with 4 hour contests...

406921[/snapback]

NFL Network is supposed to be rebroadcasting the game Monday morning if I am not mistaken.

Peters totally buried his man on one pass play.

406963[/snapback]

Here's a thought going through my head on Peters as a LT.

Big Cat Williams for Chicago. He started off as a DE or DT, if I'm not mistaken, and was converted to OT. It took a couple years but his natural talent took him to probably the top 10 at his position.