The Wave

rockpile

Had a guy several rows in front of us who tried to get the wave going - all game long. The he expressed disgust when he got very little response from the crowd.

THEN, late in the game the whole stadium starts doing the wave. Problem was the Bills had the ball!!

I was screaming at this guy: "Sit down, WE have the ball!" but he was too pleased with himself to hear anything, and too ignorant to know the wave was intended to rattle the OTHER team with the ball. <_<

I was hoping the national media did not catch this. Made Buffalo fans look like complete maroons! ;)

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Now I was next to Rock and the Wave guy was a fuggin' moron. Very annoying...also the way the crown taunted and threw peanuts and ice at two guys in our section wearing black Leftwich jerseys it was very low class ( bear prodding)......New England like.

Im there to watch the Bills... not to watch stupid ass crowd games.

I was at the game too and I could not friggin believe what I was seeing. Hey assclowns, for starters, 1984 called and they want the Wave back.

Doing the Wave is stupid to begin with. Doing it when your team has the ball in the fourth quarter of a tight game is just absolutely moronic. I was embarrassed.

There are so many fans who have no clue about what is going on during the game at anytime. They get so worked up and never used their heads. I was also at the game, and felt like the fans partaking in the wave while the Bills had the ball were like lemmings following each other off a cliff.

Also, after the first Moulds fumble (the backward lateral) this guy in front of me kept shouting at the top of his lungs complaining that it was a forward pass and not a fumble. He wanted Mularkey to review the play, but clearly it was a backward pass. Moulds had stepped behind the line about 5 yards. But this guy kept shouting at Mularkey, as if Mularkey could hear him. He continued to complain well into the Jaguars drive, even after people were explaining to him that it was clearly backwards. AND THEN, this guy kept getting up for every single play, trying to tell everyone who wasn't standing was less of a fan. I can make just as much noise while sitting down, and frankly the only time I stand up is when someone in front of me gets up and is in my way. Why do people have to make me get up? I'm going to cheer and make noise just as loud as you, but I'm sitting. That's why I paid for the seat.

I agree with you guys. It's almost embarassing and seems to happen at every game I go to. Noise on Offense, not enough noise on D. Then when I try to get my section going in the important moments on defense, people look strangely at me or tell me to sit down. It's a whole different fanbase than we had in the late eighties/early nineties.

Had a guy several rows in front of us who tried to get the wave going - all game long. The he expressed disgust when he got very little response from the crowd.

THEN, late in the game the whole stadium starts doing the wave. Problem was the Bills had the ball!!

I was screaming at this guy: "Sit down, WE have the ball!" but he was too pleased with himself to hear anything, and too ignorant to know the wave was intended to rattle the OTHER team with the ball.  :angry:

I was hoping the national media did not catch this. Made Buffalo fans look like complete maroons!  :blush:

28501[/snapback]

Well Rock this whole society is made up of wimps a panzies and its infiltrated the Bills fans .Next thing you know they will be selling cappachino (sp) in the stands ,like they do in SanFrancisco :w00t::blink: Oh and lets not for get the guy with the dog and frisbee at half time :blink:

Well Rock this whole society is made up of wimps a panzies and its infiltrated the Bills fans .Next thing you know they will be selling cappachino (sp) in the stands  ,like they do in SanFrancisco :blink:  :blush: Oh and lets not for get the guy with the dog and frisbee at half time :blink:

29107[/snapback]

Yeah who knows maybe the Bills will be selling imported beer in the stand like Labatts or something else. :angry:

The players on the sidelines were begging the fans to stop.  I was yelling at the people around me to stop it.  I was hoping they'd make an announcement over the PA but I guess that would be pretty unprecedented!

28567[/snapback]

I seem to remember one of the offensive lineman giving the "quiet down" signal to the crowd during one of the offensive series...I wonder if it was then....? :blush: What the heck, we've blamed everyone else for the loss, why not the crowd? :angry: So does that mean that on top of cutting half the starters and firing the coaching staff, the Bills will play the remainder of their home games "closed to the public?"

:blink: