Silent thread for everybody

• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If you have ever lost anyone in your family from cancer, smoker or not, you might be able to elicit some sympathy.  But, I know that is what message boards are for, to say sh**ty things, because you never have to take responsibility for what you say...

401966[/snapback]

I hope your kidding, because if not that would be just sad. And yes my grandfather died of cancer in 1970. he was a heavy smoker. Most of the research wasn't even over before it was to late for him. I don't hide behind anything Buftex, that's my opinion and I'm sorry that you can't respect that.

Jeff

I hope your kidding, because if not that would be just sad. And yes my grandfather died of cancer in 1970. he was a heavy smoker. Most of the research wasn't even over before it was to late for him. I don't hide behind anything Buftex, that's my opinion and I'm sorry that you can't respect that.

Jeff

402118[/snapback]

I hope your kidding, because if not that is really sad.....

Jeff

402118[/snapback]

While I have no less sympathy for those who die from lung cancer, people have known for a long, long time that smoking is bad for your health. It's a myth that only during the 70's we found out. It doesn't take a scientific study to determine that inhaling smoke into your lungs is not good for you.

While I have no less sympathy for those who die from lung cancer, people have known for a long, long time that smoking is bad for your health.  It's a myth that only during the 70's we found out.  It doesn't take a scientific study to determine that inhaling smoke into your lungs is not good for you.

402209[/snapback]

It doesn't take a genius to know that hindsight is always 20/20.

While I have no less sympathy for those who die from lung cancer, people have known for a long, long time that smoking is bad for your health.  It's a myth that only during the 70's we found out.  It doesn't take a scientific study to determine that inhaling smoke into your lungs is not good for you.

402209[/snapback]

I don't understand the flaming about my OPINION? :D If it is not possible for you and others to understand that it's OK, and some may also say healthy, for people to have different opinions than I'm truly sorry. My post wasn't meant to make anyone come unglued! It's how I feel about this issue, that's it!

Jeff

I don't understand the flaming about my OPINION?  :D If it is not possible for you and others to understand that it's OK, and some may also say healthy, for people to have different opinions than I'm truly sorry. My post wasn't meant to make anyone come unglued! It's how I feel about this issue, that's it!

Jeff

402520[/snapback]

It IS pretty cold Jeff.

Have you ever lost anyone and obesity contributed to their death? Or alcohol? Would you shun them in the same manner as a smoker? We all know that obesity is not good, no?

People are not perfect, and if they are not violent criminals, deserve at least some respect at death imo. I think that is what people are trying to say.

As for YOUR point, yes, you are certainly entitled to your opinion/feelings or lack thereof.

RIP Mr. Jennings.

Compassionate conservative = an oxymoron.

PTR

402497[/snapback]

Liberals who actually care about people = an oxymoron

Whatever. Jennings, Rather, etc... all a bunch of liberal talking heads who had an agenda. Some more overt about their goal. But biased reporting none the less.

It IS pretty cold Jeff.

Have you ever lost anyone and obesity contributed to their death? Or alcohol?   Would you shun them in the same manner as a smoker? We all know that obesity is not good, no?

People are not perfect, and if they are not violent criminals, deserve at least some respect at death imo. I think that is what people are trying to say.

As for YOUR point, yes, you are certainly entitled to your opinion/feelings or lack thereof.

RIP Mr. Jennings.

402525[/snapback]

Well, like I tried to say above - If you can't respect my opinion at least respect me enough to let me have it. I'm amazed that I have to keep defending myself ?

Jeff

Of course,Fox news doesn't have an agenda and all of their reporters are beyond reproach........ :D

And their reporting is sooooooooo unbiased. ;)  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:  :P  :lol:  :lol:

402573[/snapback]

Oh sure they do, and I don't like them either. I am a believer in the old "report the news". Very few do that any more. They all suck.