Silent thread for everybody

• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Can we get a seperate section for all the not really personal but still bad news items? Do we really need a seperate topic for every person that had 12 seconds of fame? RIP Charlie Black, whoever the heck you were.

More bad news:

Christopher Reeves widow has cancer.

Marc Cohn who had "hit" records with "Walking in Memphis" and "True Companion"

was shot in the head while being carjacked after a concert in Denver on Sunday Night. Doctors were able to remove the bullet that lodged in his temple.

I'll never forget the first time I reached for one of those condensed Archie comic books at the grocery checkout stand and inadvertantly grabbed a copy of JET. When I realized my mistake, I decided to try reading the book anyway because all 11-year-old kids like reading about jets and planes and stuff.

30 years laters I still use the Lock-n-Load Hair Weaving kit while drinking my Colt 45.

God bless you, sir. You advanced civilization.

Can we get a seperate section for all the not really personal but still bad news items? Do we really need a seperate topic for every person that had 12 seconds of fame? RIP Charlie Black, whoever the heck you were.

More bad news:

Christopher Reeves widow has cancer.

Marc Cohn who had "hit" records with "Walking in Memphis" and "True Companion"

was shot in the head while being carjacked after a concert in Denver on Sunday Night. Doctors were able to remove the bullet that lodged in his temple.

402795[/snapback]

Lol, an obituaries forum!! too funny. ;)

I'll never forget the first time I reached for one of those condensed Archie comic books at the grocery checkout stand and inadvertantly grabbed a copy of JET. When I realized my mistake, I decided to try reading the book anyway because all 11-year-old kids like reading about jets and planes and stuff.

30 years laters I still use the Lock-n-Load Hair Weaving kit while drinking my Colt 45.

God bless you, sir. You advanced civilization.

402805[/snapback]

WOW, how cold! ;)

Jeff

The Shirley Temple fan page (Losers) says that there are two drinks named after her. The Shirley Temple Cocktail and The Dirty Shirley. Anyone know what goes in a Dirty Shirley (besides the obvious, which is no longer true...you know exactly what I mean)? I'm at work and there is no way I can get away with Google-ing "Dirty Shirley".

The Shirley Temple fan page (Losers) says that there are two drinks named after her.  The Shirley Temple Cocktail and The Dirty Shirley.  Anyone know what goes in a Dirty Shirley (besides the obvious, which is no longer true...you know exactly what I mean)?  I'm at work and there is no way I can get away with Google-ing "Dirty Shirley".

According to this website, The Dirty Shirley is somewhere between The Blue Muther!@#$er #2 and My Wife's Snatch," but with fewer ingrediants.

1 oz vodka

5 - 6 oz Sprite® soda

1 dash grenadine syrup

Pour the vodka over ice cubes in a highball glass. Fill the glass the rest of the way with Sprite. Add grenadine, garnish with a cherry, and serve.

402830[/snapback]

Awesome! Thanks, AD.

Substitute beer for vodka, and "sitting on my ass" for the sprite and grenedine, and I'll be knocking back an ice cold Dirty Shirley in Chuck Black's honor tonight.