Scrimmage...

• Replies 248
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

The offense looks good. Again, the run blocking needs improvement, but the passing game looked very good to excellent with Losman at the helm (I suspect we'll now see the backup QBs). Losman looked confident and made the right decisions throwing the ball, even if he misfired a couple of passes. He also got the ball out quickly and decisively. None of that patting the ball for 5 seconds before the inevitable sack. He played a lot better than I expected.

The defense was its normal self, meaning it was very good on the first drive. Favre probably could've hit a long pass to Walker against McGee, but Terrence had pretty good coverage and Favre overthrew him. The one guy who really impressed me on the first D series was Kelsay. He didn't get to Favre, but their RT was having a lot of problems blocking him.

Good to hear.  When I was in camp, what I was most impressed with in Losman was that every day he got a little bit better...I left thinking that he might impress a few doubters during the scrimmage...good to hear he's doing it.

400185[/snapback]

He doesn't look as nervous as I'd thought a rookie would be, pardon 2nd year qb would be.

BIG STICK by Terrence McGee.

Yikes.

Like I said before, the misses were more physical/repetitions-needed errors than anything else, except for the first which was interference/holding.  All in all a good showing and Gandy looked great against KGB.

400191[/snapback]

Thats also very promising...the good news is that running the correct routes by our WRs and better timing CAN be corrected very easily. If JP came out and look flustered and couldnt make any of the passes, I'd be worried. But it seems like he has a nice blend of short-middle-long attempts, as well as scrambling ability. Damn, I wish I could see this.

Like I said before, the misses were more physical/repetitions-needed errors than anything else, except for the first which was interference/holding.  All in all a good showing and Gandy looked great against KGB.

400191[/snapback]

Totally agree

Other obs...does McGee look bigger to you? Nice hit, and playing confident.

Spikes is blitzing all over

Run D a bit weaker

Overall a promising effort...looks like Gray is getting very aggressive with the D.

Bills D

Huge hit by Mcgee on run play - stopped for couple yrds

Rogers in at QB for Pack - incomplete

Bills sack - looked like LB blitz

400195[/snapback]

I'm interested to see how Holcombe will look actually...he seemed to struggle with the long throws in camp so I'm guessing a more run-oriented offense with him behind center.

Looking back on your reports, it seems like they had JP doing a lot of throwing...which is good, let him show what he can do.

Thats also very promising...the good news is that running the correct routes by our WRs and better timing CAN be corrected very easily.  If JP came out and look flustered and couldnt make any of the passes, I'd be worried.  But it seems like he has a nice blend of short-middle-long attempts, as well as scrambling ability.  Damn, I wish I could see this.

400193[/snapback]

That certainly wasn't the case. I was suprised at how confident he looked out there tonight. *Very* suprised, actually, and impressed. Its not a real game or anything, but tonight was nothing but a big plus for JP.

I'm interested to see how Holcombe will look actually...he seemed to struggle with the long throws in camp so I'm guessing a more run-oriented offense with him behind center.

Looking back on your reports, it seems like they had JP doing a lot of throwing...which is good, let him show what he can do.

400197[/snapback]

Bills don't look like they are going to "run first-pass second" to me. Very agressive play-calling on O and D. JP looks amazing...the ANTI-Bledsoe!

PTR

Bills don't look like they are going to "run first-pass second" to me.  Very agressive play-calling on O and D.  JP looks amazing...the ANTI-Bledsoe!

PTR

400203[/snapback]

his play action fake is phenominal right now.

Bills have like 5 sacks in a row!

400202[/snapback]

Keep it comin' people, keep it comin.

details details.

keep an eye on gandy for us if you don't mind. And the backup RBs. And of course more JP