Camp Observations

Camp Observations -

I got a good look at Roscoe yesterday, I can't see how a guy that size will be able to survive in the NFL. Catching patterns in the middle at camp is one thing, but doing under fire is another. If he wants to be a real receiver - he might want to join the Hamilton Ti-Cats.

Losman is a real concern hanging onto the ball. Seems like he's thinking way too much, not playing football. Maybe it would have been in our best interests to keep Bledsoe one more year to help groom JP

For you fantasy guys, you might want to rethink spending a high pick on McGahee - unless you get points for chip blocks on rushing ends, I am not sure how many points he's going to get you. Losing Jonus will be felt.

Really miss big Pat in the middle, the choices to replace him are obviously high motor guys with little skill. Works well at Boise State, but not in the NFL. His loss is going to cost Fletcher a good 30 tackles as you can't run guys down with a guard in your grill.

I'll report more as I spend more time at camp.

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Gosh thanks so much Mr. Blanket! Or should we call you Wet?

Why bother sending further reports, it sounds like the season is over...

By the way, who is this "Jonus" person?

Camp Observations -

I got a good look at Roscoe yesterday, I can't see how a guy that size will be able to survive in the NFL.  Catching patterns in the middle at camp is one thing, but doing under fire is another.  If he wants to be a real receiver - he might want to join the Hamilton Ti-Cats.

Losman is a real concern hanging onto the ball.  Seems like he's thinking way too much, not playing football.  Maybe it would have been in our best interests to keep Bledsoe one more year to help groom JP

For you fantasy guys, you might want to rethink spending a high pick on McGahee - unless you get points for chip blocks on rushing ends, I am not sure how many points he's going to get you.  Losing Jonus will be felt.

Really miss big Pat in the middle, the choices to replace him are obviously high motor guys with little skill.  Works well at Boise State, but not in the NFL.  His loss is going to cost Fletcher a good 30 tackles as you can't run guys down with a guard in your grill.

I'll report more as I spend more time at camp.

397253[/snapback]

:blink:

This seems to go against everything I saw in camp over 3 days and everything that is being reported in the other camp reports.

I saw Losman getting the football out of there VERY fast...his timing and accuracy needed work, but he didnt hold onto it long at all.

I'm especially confused over the DT report, considering that was all the crowd was talking about when the Defense took the field was how much push Edwards got and how McGahee needed to bounce outside just to get an open lane. Methinks they were just having a rough day, because I came away very impressed with Edwards.

And McGahee looked like a BEAST to me...it seems like the 4 things that have been widely discussed as the most positive things about camp, you've pointed out as the worst things.

Losman is a real concern hanging onto the ball.  Seems like he's thinking way too much, not playing football.  Maybe it would have been in our best interests to keep Bledsoe one more year to help groom JP

397253[/snapback]

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

ATTENTION ALL TBD POSTERS!!!

On Monday at 8 a.m. I will begin teaching a free class called: Sarcasm: When it works and when it's just idiotic drivel from a guy who a sh------- username.

Nice try, but when it comes to making the masses hysterical, please leave it to the professionals.

397253[/snapback]

Oh God! Let's call the Cowboys immediately and get Drew back. "C'mon Drew, when we said "You're Cut" we didn't mean that you're actually 'Cut'. Please buddy? It's like you said, it's your team."

ATTENTION ALL TBD POSTERS!!!

On Monday at 8 a.m. I will begin teaching a free class called: Sarcasm: When it works and when it's just idiotic drivel from a guy who a sh------- username.

Nice try, but when it comes to making the masses hysterical, please leave it to the professionals.

397290[/snapback]

To put this thread in its proper perspective, I refer you back to this gem:

critic's checklist

HF, were you really at camp? :blink:

To put this thread in its proper perspective, I refer you back to this gem:

critic's checklist

HF, were you really at camp?    :blink:

397298[/snapback]

So HF is a true dis-believer? His observations on Parrish, Edwards, and McGahee in particular are complete dog dodo.

Fella's come on. I just posted some things I thought were a concern. I saw the positives, but felt enough reporting was there on them already.

Sure Losman has great zip and a good release, but I am concerned that he is not as fluid as he needs to be. (I can;t even say should be as he is still new to this). I hope it comes as a fan.

I thought the receivers were solid - in fact deeper than in the past...that said, Roscoe is really small and I am not sure of taking a guy like that as high as we did.

I did not bring up the LB's and Secondary as they are like a machine - what's left to discuss with them - how many picks they'll get or where they'll rank - top 3 again I am sure.

Anyway, I know we are trying to feel good, but therer are some soft spots to watch out for...

Fella's come on.  I just posted some things I thought were a concern.  I saw the positives, but felt enough reporting was there on them already.

Sure Losman has great zip and a good release, but I am concerned that he is not as fluid as he needs to be.  (I can;t even say should be as he is still new to this).  I hope it comes as a fan.

I thought the receivers were solid - in fact deeper than in the past...that said, Roscoe is really small and I am not sure of taking a guy like that as high as we did.

I did not bring up the LB's and Secondary as they are like a machine - what's left to discuss with them - how many picks they'll get or where they'll rank - top 3 again I am sure.

Anyway, I know we are trying to feel good, but therer are some soft spots to watch out for...

397328[/snapback]

I believe that you were sincere, but do you really believe that Willis is a "soft spot". You said he would not be worthy of an early fantasy pick, yet many of us believe him capable of 1,500 + rushing and 15 or so TD's. Sounds like a first rounder to me.

Fella's come on.  I just posted some things I thought were a concern.  I saw the positives, but felt enough reporting was there on them already.

Sure Losman has great zip and a good release, but I am concerned that he is not as fluid as he needs to be.  (I can;t even say should be as he is still new to this).  I hope it comes as a fan.

397328[/snapback]

He said fluid.