Camp Observations

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I spent Sat. & Monday at camp and if you want my POV just take the opposite of this nimrod.

397356[/snapback]

Come on - we disagree and I am a nimrod? Why are you so angry? You know, I saw these things and just wanted to convey...Accoridng to you:

We won't mis Pat Williams

JP - Does not hold on too long - your the only person who observed this

Roscoe is bigger than 5 foot 10 and 170 pounds

Gandy will make us forgot Jennings

Come on.

I don't think we will miss Pat Williams much. Why are his statistical best years playing next to Sam Adams (which happens to a lot of guys by the way)??

Roscoe is small, but so is Troy Brown and dozens of other guys who have been damn good WRs in the NFL. Speed and route running is more important than size.

I didn't see JP hanging on too long. In fact, I saw several slant drills where he should have slowed his release down, he was getting ahead of the wideout.

Jonas Jennings ain't all that. I don't think Gandy is as good as Jennings....but we don't have the recipient of the Jimmy Hoffa Concrete Shoes Award back there anymore.

Come on - we disagree and I am a nimrod?  Why are you so angry?  You know, I saw these things and just wanted to convey...Accoridng to you:

Come on.

397364[/snapback]

I believe this is what is referred to as the SpikedLemonade defense. "Why are you calling me names? What did I ever do? I jusy want to state my opinion like everyone else"

He is also 6 feet tall not 5'6" in platform shoes.

397381[/snapback]

Which makes him even skinnier.

I've seen Parrish live in Miami for several Cane games and that kid has the speed, the hands and the heart to be an excellent NFL player. I have also seen him take some serious shots and he has always withstood the punishment.

I believe this is what is referred to as the SpikedLemonade defense.

397372[/snapback]

Ah yes,... you don't hear about the old "SpikedLemondade Defense" so much anymore... since it was thoroughly refuted by the revolutionary "Hot Cocoa And A Blanky" hypothesis, circa 2003.

Which makes him even skinnier.

I've seen Parrish live in Miami for several Cane games and that kid has the speed, the hands and the heart to be an excellent NFL player.  I have also seen him take some serious shots and he has always withstood the punishment.

397394[/snapback]

Didn't he suffer a collapsed lung on a hit he took over the middle when running a crossing route? You know, I hope he is the next Derrick Mason, Marvin Harrison and Jermain Lewis all roilled into one, but when you see him, it strikes you how small he is...

Also, I'll try to pass positive thoughts and a good vibe to the team....but some how I don't think it will matter too much on the field...

Didn't he suffer a collapsed lung on a hit he took over the middle when running a crossing route?  You know, I hope he is the next Derrick Mason, Marvin Harrison and Jermain Lewis all roilled into one, but when you see him, it strikes you how small he is...

Also, I'll try to pass positive thoughts and a good vibe to the team....but some how I don't think it will matter too much on the field...

397403[/snapback]

I think that you're trying to be realistic in pointing out the downside of some situations, but we all knew this stuff coming into camp.

Lossman has some trouble picking out the right receiver and he holds the ball. I could say that's better than throwing ill-advised passes.

Parrish too small..we haven't heard that one before. How has he been performing at camp?

McGahee good for chip blocks and not much else? You have no defense.

We're going to miss Jonas? Have you been watching Peters?

You report bears no relationship to what's actually going on in camp is my criticism.

I'll buy that you are expressing a sincere opinion and you're not an enemy troll in disguise, but your's is clearly the minority opinion among people who have been to camp. I'm not going to let it bother me. We all know JP is going to take his lumps this season and there is potential difficulty at left tackle, but not much else of what you say seems credible.

Wow, if you are so hell bent that our season is over, why bother goign to camp or watching any of the games then? Go about your business and leave the rest of us alone...

For a second there i thought you were rudy, but rudy only starts DOOM threads and isnt heard from again...

Camp Observations -

I got a good look at Roscoe yesterday, I can't see how a guy that size will be able to survive in the NFL.  Catching patterns in the middle at camp is one thing, but doing under fire is another.  If he wants to be a real receiver - he might want to join the Hamilton Ti-Cats.

Losman is a real concern hanging onto the ball.  Seems like he's thinking way too much, not playing football.  Maybe it would have been in our best interests to keep Bledsoe one more year to help groom JP

For you fantasy guys, you might want to rethink spending a high pick on McGahee - unless you get points for chip blocks on rushing ends, I am not sure how many points he's going to get you.  Losing Jonus will be felt.

Really miss big Pat in the middle, the choices to replace him are obviously high motor guys with little skill.  Works well at Boise State, but not in the NFL.  His loss is going to cost Fletcher a good 30 tackles as you can't run guys down with a guard in your grill.

I'll report more as I spend more time at camp.

397253[/snapback]

Fella's come on.  I just posted some things I thought were a concern.  I saw the positives, but felt enough reporting was there on them already.

Sure Losman has great zip and a good release, but I am concerned that he is not as fluid as he needs to be.  (I can;t even say should be as he is still new to this).  I hope it comes as a fan.

I thought the receivers were solid - in fact deeper than in the past...that said, Roscoe is really small and I am not sure of taking a guy like that as high as we did.

I did not bring up the LB's and Secondary as they are like a machine - what's left to discuss with them - how many picks they'll get or where they'll rank - top 3 again I am sure.

Anyway, I know we are trying to feel good, but therer are some soft spots to watch out for...

397328[/snapback]

Come on - we disagree and I am a nimrod?  Why are you so angry?  You know, I saw these things and just wanted to convey...Accoridng to you:

Come on.

397364[/snapback]

Didn't he suffer a collapsed lung on a hit he took over the middle when running a crossing route?  You know, I hope he is the next Derrick Mason, Marvin Harrison and Jermain Lewis all roilled into one, but when you see him, it strikes you how small he is...

397403[/snapback]