Chuck Dickerson Back at WGR?

slothrop

WGR has been playing promos for their football programing. They say something to the effect of coaches, past and present will be on air, and that a new member of the monday crew will be added, but they hold us in suspense as to who it is.

I say Dickerson is joining the roundtable and the monday show with Schopp and Bulldog!!!!

I know most here hate him and worship Simon but he was by FAR the most knowledgable football guy on the air and was right WAY more times than he was wrong. I would welcome the Coach back to the WNY airwaves - he will add the entertainment, unpredictability, and non-corporate radio atmosphere back.

I loved when Empire was showing their 'best of's' and they showed the bit where Marv reads off Dickerson's points allowed while a Defensive Coordinator at U of Minnesota and then ends it with "I can't imagine if he wasn't a defensive genius"

This dude's MO is stirring the pot and then he gets "I call in to the sports talk show everyday guy" to call him kissing his ass. What pisses me off about him is that whenever anyone brings up a logical argument with him he cuts them off. Logical criticizms are healthy, just being an !@#$ to get attention is annoying, I will not be listening to him. When are we gonna a get another sports talk option in this town, I miss WNSA.

Is this absolutely confirmed?

I know he gets annoying with the "I'm the center of the universe" attitude he displays sometimes, but I loved his training camp feedback he gave us years ago.

I'd love to listen to him again....anything but Schoop.....or however you spell his name....can't stand him.

I just feel like listening to gas-bag ego-maniacs who love to hear themselves talk is not good radio (or TV).

395888[/snapback]

Most talk show hosts are ego maniacs......I ignore that with guys like Dickerson and Glanville because they do have great insight on the game of football

Dickerson is horrible. Even one day a week of that guy is too much. Lots of people know their football. He knows his football, but he's a jerk. A complete buffoon. The guy is so damn bitter it's disgusting. WGR has turned into a crap station, and now it's getting worse. I used to listen all the time.

No, I won't be listening.

Every year it was the same: he'd "evaluate" the talent in camp and loudly proclaim that the team had the talent to win 12 or 13 games. Then when it didn't happen he would rip the coaches.

I'll bet if he does come back (still hasn't been confirmed from my perspective), he'll be mellowed a little bit. I'm sure WGR wouldn't allow him to run his mouth off like before. It'll be interesting. I'd like to hear some X's and O's talk again.

Ya gotta admit though, it is funny when he calls somebody a dumb butt.