Rosenhaus Saves 4 Year Old Boy

OK, you don't like agents. But aren't they just doing their jobs - getting the best possible deal for their clients, even if it entails a bit of deception? Sounds a lot like defense lawyers, right? (And, we have a few of them on the TSW, if I recall.)

Nevertheless, give Drew credit this time. In his personal (versus agent) role, he saved a child. Good for him! (And I do appreciate your "hold out" addition to this post. Funny!

385634[/snapback]

I agree with you completely. They are just doing their jobs. I think Rosenhaus, even though he is a collosal prick, is an excellent agent. His players probably love him. He certainly signs a lot. And I have read an article or two saying GMs actually like him for the most part. They say he gets things done. He doesn't waste their time. He knows his job. It's just not a job I would ever aspire to, or want my kid to aspire to.

And I think Drew deserves big kudos for his heroics today.

I have an agent myself. She lies all the time. And I hate to say this but it feels pretty good when someone is lying for you instead of to you. :doh:

This just in. Agents are pricks. It is their job to lie. Think of the kind of person that chooses to be an agent, be it a sports agent or a lit agent or a talent agent. I don't even trust a travel agent.

385620[/snapback]

I've spent a good part of my life as a sales schmoozer, and an agent simply is selling bodies. But you live by the reputation you earn. I have to wonder how many agents don't like Rosenhaus for adding fuel to the agent perception fire.

Seriously. I'd hate to be the Poston brothers watching that Bang cartoon of Winslow with his crash. It's no wonder they have reputations as whores.

Man, you guys suck. While you all bash Rosenhaus, he saved a little boy's life for crissakes. Think if you were the parent? Jesus, some of you people amaze me. Grow up. Man. I just saw on FOX that the boy was even closer to death than the ESPN article made it out to be. He was actually turning blue and Rosenhaus was screaming, "Hold out! You can do it, kid! Hold out!"

385586[/snapback]

Now that's some of the driest humour I've seen in a looooong time. :D

Gave CPR to a drowning 4 year old.  I guess agents have hearts after all.  Who would have known?  Good for him!

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/columns/stor..._len&id=2111853

385879[/snapback]

And now the kid owes 10% of all future earnings, what a racket......

Actually, it is nice to see someone step in like that in a crisis. In this day and age of litigation and overzealous lawyers, there is concern that stepping in could bring huge risk. I'm glad he was there for the kid and his family.

Gave CPR to a drowning 4 year old.  I guess agents have hearts after all.  Who would have known?  Good for him!

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/columns/stor..._len&id=2111853

385879[/snapback]

Man thats awesome. May hate the guy in his professional life, but wow, that is just awesome.

Loved how they had to mention in the article "its legit" as if people think so low of this guy he would stage something like this

And now the kid owes 10% of all future earnings, what a racket......

Actually, it is nice to see someone step in like that in a crisis. In this day and age of litigation and overzealous lawyers, there is concern that stepping in could bring huge risk. I'm glad he was there for the kid and his family.

385885[/snapback]

I think most states have passed godd samaritan laws, but still ya never know

Call me cynical, but this was simply a publicity stunt to get the agent some good press after all of the bad press that's been swirling around him lately.

The local radio station was talking about it this morning as well, and they felt the same way.

CW

Call me cynical, but this was simply a publicity stunt to get the agent some good press after all of the bad press that's been swirling around him lately.

The local radio station was talking about it this morning as well, and they felt the same way.

CW

385896[/snapback]

Okay Fez, first no tailgating at Lambeau and now you think this is a publicity stunt. Boy, you going crazy or what :D

Seriosly, there is just no way on greens green earth this waqs staged. The kid in hospital, paramedics were called, ther is just no way

Okay Fez, first no tailgating at Lambeau and now you think this is a publicity stunt. Boy, you going crazy or what :devil:

Seriosly, there is just no way on greens green earth this waqs staged. The kid in hospital, paramedics were called, ther is just no way

385908[/snapback]

Should I start a thread to discuss what a Terrible Human Being I am? :D

CW

Man, you guys suck. While you all bash Rosenhaus, he saved a little boy's life for crissakes. Think if you were the parent? Jesus, some of you people amaze me. Grow up. Man. I just saw on FOX that the boy was even closer to death than the ESPN article made it out to be. He was actually turning blue and Rosenhaus was screaming, "Hold out! You can do it, kid! Hold out!"

385586[/snapback]

Boooooo! :D

This just in. Agents are pricks. It is their job to lie. Think of the kind of person that chooses to be an agent, be it a sports agent or a lit agent or a talent agent. I don't even trust a travel agent.

385620[/snapback]

How about a secret agent? Or a free agent?

385586[/snapback]

:D:D:lol:

Nice setup...

i'd like to know what POS wouldn't try to save a drowning kid if they saw it in front of him

386110[/snapback]

Well...if I were in Illinois, where grabbing an 8-year old by the arm is criminal restraint and results in you being listed as a sex offender for the rest of your life, I'd certainly think twice...

Seriously, though...I decided a long time ago to stop helping people in situations where I could get sued for it. A 4-year old kid's one thing, but I see a guy in a car accident with a bloody head wound...I walk right by him and let him bleed to death. I even touch him, and suddenly I find myself sued over his spinal injury. The most courageous thing Rosenhaus did in this situation is assume the civil liability for the kid's well-being.

Well...if I were in Illinois, where grabbing an 8-year old by the arm is criminal restraint and results in you being listed as a sex offender for the rest of your life, I'd certainly think twice...

Seriously, though...I decided a long time ago to stop helping people in situations where I could get sued for it.  A 4-year old kid's one thing, but I see a guy in a car accident with a bloody head wound...I walk right by him and let him bleed to death.  I even touch him, and suddenly I find myself sued over his spinal injury.  The most courageous thing Rosenhaus did in this situation is assume the civil liability for the kid's well-being.

386420[/snapback]

Except that (at least in Minnesota), ignoring someone in an injury is illegal as well and you could be fined/sued for that as well (Good Samaritan laws).

CW

Seriously, though...I decided a long time ago to stop helping people in situations where I could get sued for it.  A 4-year old kid's one thing, but I see a guy in a car accident with a bloody head wound...I walk right by him and let him bleed to death.  I even touch him, and suddenly I find myself sued over his spinal injury.  The most courageous thing Rosenhaus did in this situation is assume the civil liability for the kid's well-being.

386420[/snapback]

Well I will try not to be dying near you.