(OT) Lousy movies you liked

The Star Trek Scotty thread reminded me of another flick I completely dug, but to my memory never got off the ground: "Galaxy Quest" with Tim Allen, Sigourney Weaver, Alan Rickman, Tony Shalhoub, et. al.

Really a pretty damn funny flick.

• Replies 117
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The Star Trek Scotty thread reminded me of another flick I completely dug, but to my memory never got off the ground: "Galaxy Quest" with Tim Allen, Sigourney Weaver, Alan Rickman, Tony Shalhoub, et. al.

386305[/snapback]

Oh, yeah. Got that on DVD.

386305[/snapback]

I liked that one too. I heard Tim Allen say he couldn't believe how the studio cut the movie. According to Tim, it was an R-rated movie with lots of adult jokes and language that was completely cut out to make it PG.

386305[/snapback]

Another movie I haven't seen in ages but I watched a lot in college was Flash Gordon, the one they made in like 82 or something

FLASH, Ugh Hahhh, can still hear that song

386305[/snapback]

Really? I'd guess it has a fair following. It should - it's a side-splitting send-up. :devil:

"By Grapthar's Hammer..." :D

This is Chuck.

Best new idea since feeding mayonaise to tuna. 

SAVING DADDY DAY CARE!

385728[/snapback]

Hold the phone,I believe Bill was the idea man. Remember Operation Chuck?

Another movie I haven't seen in ages but I watched a lot in college was Flash Gordon, the one they made in like 82 or something

FLASH, Ugh Hahhh, can still hear that song

386318[/snapback]

With the Queen soundtrack, with Topol as the scientist and Max von Sydow as Ming? So God-awful, it was actually entertaining.

With the Queen soundtrack, with Topol as the scientist and Max von Sydow as Ming?  So God-awful, it was actually entertaining.

386380[/snapback]

Don't forget Brian Blessed as Vultan the Hawk King and what's his name who played Bond for a few movies.

Flash Gordon is da bomb!

Topol also played Milos Colombo (Columbo?) in For Your Eyes Only.

386402[/snapback]

Now that was one awful flick. I can't watch it.

Seriously?  I still think it's one of the best Bond movies...certainly Roger Moore's best.  I've always wanted the anti-theft system he has on that Lotus, too...

386673[/snapback]

Yeah, seriously. Never really liked Moore all that much to begin with, and the writing and acting in that one was really sub-par. Topol just doesn't do it for me.