(OT) Lousy movies you liked

I never knew people thought that moulin rogue was a bad movie, i even thought it was so good i bought the dvd and own the sound track... ;)

385104[/snapback]

We have the movie and the soundtrack also. I like the song when they first went to the Moulin Rouge, where they mixed the Lady Marmalade song w/ Nirvana. That was pretty cool.

• Replies 117
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

II'll have a liter of cola...

385104[/snapback]

Here is the full exchange - CLASSIC!

Farva: Give me a double bacon cheeseburger.

Dimpus Burger Guy: [into mic] Double bacon cheeseburger. It's for a cop.

Farva: What the hell's that all about? You gonna spit in it now?

Dimpus Burger Guy: No, I just told him that so he makes it good.

[into mic]

Dimpus Burger Guy: Don't spit in that cop's burger.

[to Farva]

Dimpus Burger Guy: Want me to dipa-size your meal for 25 cents?

Farva: Want me to punch-a-size your face, for free?

Dimpus Burger Guy: It's only 25 cents and look how much you get.

Thorny: Look, kid, he doesn't want it.

Farva: I'll just take a litre o' cola.

Dimpus Burger Guy: [into mic] Literacola? Do we sell literacola?

[to Farva]

Dimpus Burger Guy: What's a literacola?

Farva: [slowly starts shouting] Litre is French for…

[grabs burger kid by shirt]

Farva: …give me my f*&^ing cola!

Super Trooper Quotes Link

Someone was talking "waterworld",

what about "the postman", another Kevin Costner flop that I thought was pretty good. If you liked waterworld, you will probably like this one too.

Beavis and Butthead do America...i roll around laughing every time i watch it...

And of course super troopers...

Ramathorne: Just get a large, Farva...

Farva: I dont want a large Farva, i want a liter of G*ddam cola...

I'll watch the cheeseball fantasy movies: Beastmaster, Conan, Krull, Dragonheart....

384994[/snapback]

There are some classics for ya. I pretty much ruined my first VHS tape of Krull when I was younger. Still love that movie.

Don't forget The Evil Dead Trilogy.

"Well hello Mr. Fancypants."

I enjoyed Pitch Black a lot too, despite Vin Diesel.

Honorable mention: The Thirteenth Floor, Sniper, Starship Troopers, and Identity among a few others.

I enjoyed Pitch Black a lot too, despite Vin Diesel.

385196[/snapback]

thats one of those movies that doenst do good at the theaters, but when its on TV, you just have to watch it. and after a while you realize its actually really good.

then they decide to make a sequal. and completly miss the point as to what made the 1st one great. and it just plain SUCKS.

Not so much lousy, but dated John Hughes teen flicks like Sixteen Candles, Pretty in Pink and the like.

Also, I have no idea of the name of the movie, but another teen movie starring the kid from Drum Line as a geeky teenager who pays a girl to be his girlfriend for 2 weeks. Most have seen that movie like 3 times in the last two months. But I watch it cause its on the HBO Hi Def channel

thats one of those movies that doenst do good at the theaters, but when its on TV, you just have to watch it. and after a while you realize its actually really good.

then they decide to make a sequal. and completly miss the point as to what made the 1st one great. and it just plain SUCKS.

385203[/snapback]

Yup. The sequel, although not totally unwatchable, was just missing the same feel.

The greatest movie of all time:

Teen Wolf

Absolutely hilarious. The basketball scenes, the wolf in a tuxedo dancing, his team is the Beavers...absolute classic. I die laughing every time I see it.

I'm in full agreement on SuperTroopers also, that movie shouldn't be on this thread because it was the furthest thing from lousy. Whenever I see someone with their fly down, I say, "Man, whaddya doin, selling hotdogs?"

Buffalo '66.

...a movie about a young Buffalo man who feels isolated and is afraid to love because of the neglect and distain he got from his mother. She's the Buffalo Bills freak and his untimely birth in 1966 made her miss the Bills last winning championship. She's always blamed him for missing that  game.

His one chance for redemption and winning his mother's affection is shattered when Bills' kicker Scott Wood misses what would be the winning field goal when it goes wide right in the superbowl.

The Buffalo (Bills) connection made it better for me, but even if it had been the Philly and the Eagles, I would have enjoyed the quirkiness of it.

A lot of people thought it was the stupidest thing ever, but I loved the characterizations. Bizarre, but my kind of movie.

I don't much care for predictable gag movies and flicks that are centered around special effects.

385011[/snapback]

Buffalo '66 was the 1st movie I thought of when I saw this topic. LOL!!! As a movie, I thought it was pretty bad. Had it not involved the Bills, I would've likely not watched it or turned it off after a few minutes.

It cracked me up that it was supposed to be like 5 years after that Super Bowl 25 and it was the offseason, and his mother was watching the game on tape and told everyone to be quiet as Norwood lined up for the kick. Like she thought maybe it would be good this time?? LOL!!!

It cracked me up that it was supposed to be like 5 years after that Super Bowl 25 and it was the offseason, and his mother was watching the game on tape and told everyone to be quiet as Norwood lined up for the kick.  Like she thought maybe it would be good this time??  LOL!!!

385413[/snapback]

It's almost fifteen years since the kick and I still haven't watched it on tape. :doh:

"Screwed" with Norm MacDonald and Dave Chappelle always cracks me up.

same story with "Zoolander".

I agree that "Blow" was pretty good too.

and finally I'll say "Saving Silverman" as well.  I usually get roped into at least 15 minutes of it if i see it on TV.

384860[/snapback]

I just saw Zoolander the other day. I had never seen it before. I thought it was stupid but still pretty funny.

Hudson Hawk.  I don't know why I like it...I just do.  Andie McDowell on the Vatican's Secret Service cracks me up...

And then, of course, there's Daddy Day Care.  It doesn't get nearly the respect it deserves.  I can't believe some people even think that awful and unrealistic Saving Private Ryan was actually better than Daddy Day Care...

384791[/snapback]

You're an ass.

I just saw Zoolander the other day.  I had never seen it before.  I thought it was stupid but still pretty funny.

385416[/snapback]

It has it's moments. Stiller put on a top-notch performance of non-stop transperancy, self-adoration and innocence - quite a combination.