We could have had a 2nd for Henry??

Well, factor in that Jax's 2nd will probably be in the upper tier as they are up-and-coming, and Tenn's 3rd will be in the lower tier since they've dumped a lot of their good players. So, if you go with the reasonable gamble, they won't be that far apart.

Then, you figure how much TH might help which team he goes to. Do you really want to give him to a team where he might be the one missing piece and have an Antowain Smith again, or do you send him to a team that probably will not threaten your chances at the playoffs? I'd send him to Tenn, too.

What about integrity?

Once you agree on a deal, it's a done deal (unless your name is Dusty Zeigler).

If you run your business by agreeing to deals and then backing out of them after you've given your word, your word is worth nothing.

I'd rather pick 10 spots lower than make a promise & break it.

Word gets around and nobody trusts you anymore.

That's why the whining from some other team when we didn't trade Henry to them on draft day was so laughable-they were never given a promise that the deal was done.

What about integrity?

Once you agree on a deal, it's a done deal (unless your name is Dusty Zeigler). 

If you run your business by agreeing to deals and then backing out of them after you've given your word, your word is worth nothing. 

I'd rather pick 10 spots lower than make a promise & break it. 

Word gets around and nobody trusts you anymore. 

That's why the whining from some other team when we didn't trade Henry to them on draft day was so laughable-they were never given a promise that the deal was done.

383568[/snapback]

What about candor? I wouldn't like someone playing f--karound with me like Tenn has done somewhat since the draft, but Jax especially has done in the past few days.

They say they're interested in a trade and that it's almost a done deal, but when it gets right down to it, they only offer the (conditional?) 2nd a day late and a dollar short. I wouldn't want to deal with people like that either.

SOunds like Buffalo has issues with returning calls in general.  SOunds familiar to to when Jonas Jennings and Pat WIlliams hit the exits.  Their calls were mysteriously never returned...

383578[/snapback]

With today's technology, threre is no such thing as a "missed" or "unreturned" call. If Tom D and Tom M don't answer, it is because they know who is calling and don't want to talk.

This is 100% bullsht. If they wanted TH that bad they could have offered up a 2nd rounder earlier. They played hardball and lost to Tennessee. Too bad, enjoy Fraud Taylor's gimpy leg.

The only thing you might argue is that if we held out until training camp, we might have been able to squeeze a little more out of TH, like a conditional second rounder. I think it was the right move to unload him now for the price that TD set back in April though.

As for worrying about breaking an implied arrangement with another team that you're competing with for a playoff spot, that's ridiculous. The amount of internet indignation that gets posted on this board is hilarious.

RTB

Jax, says they were to up the offer??? But "BUFFALO" didnt return a call?? WTF?

383548[/snapback]

Where did you hear this from? I read a story that said a league source, (whatever that means), said the Jax wanted TH so bad that they "might" have given up a 2nd for him. I do not know who the source was, but I do know what the word "might" means. If the Jax wanted to give up a 2nd for TH, they would have done it. As another poster said, I too belive this is more of a "safe face" comment coming out of thier org.

I would bet it was a conditional 2nd with the conditions being pretty high.  If that's the case, then the Tennessee deal was the best, from all aspects, for the Bills.

383603[/snapback]

Jax never made that offer. It was a reporter talking to the Jags after the deal was made and they told him we would have gone as high as a second rounder. According to the report, they never actually offered the Bills a #2.

With today's technology, threre is no such thing as a "missed" or "unreturned" call.  If Tom D and Tom M don't answer, it is because they know who is calling and don't want to talk.

383583[/snapback]

The Bills front office uses single-line rotary phones and they only accept written offers hand-delivered via Pony Express. If only we were more advanced, we would have gotten that offer for a second ON TIME! :rolleyes:

The Bills front office uses single-line rotary phones and they only accept written offers hand-delivered via Pony Express. If only we were more advanced, we would have gotten that offer for a second ON TIME! :rolleyes:

383608[/snapback]

Double-edged sword. If we were more technologically advanced, then we wouldn't have any wagons to circle!