Lakers Starting to Assemble "All Malcontent" Team

As a laker fan: this is humiliating.

Mitch Kupchak should be beaten with a rubber hose. Repeatedly. We could have gotten him for a box of stale crackers. Much less given up Caron Butler who can play! Unbelievable.

Phil Jackson will hit him upside the head if he even looks like he's getting out of his chair firmly which is bolted as last on the depth chart. Phil will play a rookie more than this discarded lump. Unbelievable.

I am saying it right here right now.....just so I can come back and gloat...:lol:

This was a smart move to get a former number 1 pick in the draft who needs the RIGHT kind of motivation to bring out his freakish talent.....

It isn't very often that you can trade a small for a big.......much less one with Kwame's potential.....so when you have the opportunity you do it....

Caron and Kobe play the same spot and since Odom is going to his natural spot...

This is a smart insightful move

This was a smart move to get a former number 1 pick in the draft who needs the RIGHT kind of motivation to bring out his freakish talent.....

382125[/snapback]

Yeah, Kobe is known for his ability to motivate people.. :D

Last year's headline was Shaq going to Miami... a trade that everyone agrees can never be a positive for the Lakers. And now this summer, they want to make more headlines by trading for... well, Kwame Brown. I almost feel bad for Devean George, he could have been traded away, but Atkins went instead.

I am saying it right here right now.....just so I can come back and gloat...:D

It isn't very often that you can trade a small for a big.......much less one with Kwame's potential.....so when you have the opportunity you do it....

Caron and Kobe play the same spot and since Odom is going to his natural spot...

382125[/snapback]

Agree with this. I do not know the NBA that well, but do follow the Bullets. If your the Lakers you make this trade if for no other reason than the track record of ex- Washington players when they traded.

Lets see,

Rasheed Wallace

Richard Hamilton

Ben Wallace

Chris Webber(another big for small-young for old trade)

Agree with this. I do not know the NBA that well, but do follow the Bullets.

Im glad you follow the bullets, but if you followed the Wizards at all, you'll realize that none of this backs up the abilities of Kwame Brown. The other players you listed had a solid career in college before going into the NBA.

I am saying it right here right now.....just so I can come back and gloat...:P

382125[/snapback]

:D:w00t::w00t::lol::lol::lol:

Kwame Brown isn't worth two cents.  It's rather amazing that the so called Wizards got anything of value for this sorry ass.

382991[/snapback]

That's another problem with the NBA. Why on earth would they purposely name a team "Wizards"? That's horrible! How did that happen?

"Alright, we need a name with some street cred. I got it - Wizards! That sounds like a classy name for a group of athletes. OK, now for some colors...Everyone likes teal and yellow right? With big cartoon font? Great!"

:lol:

Yeah, Kobe is known for his ability to motivate people..  :rolleyes:

382216[/snapback]

Actually....I am not talking about Kobe here....I am talking about Phil Jackson.

It really is this simple......

- Shaq COULD NOT STAY.....Shaq is getting older and is no where NEAR the dominant player he has been in years past....he came in last year in the best shape he has been in for the last 3 years.....and STILL wasn't dominating and got hurt again......he is on the downside of his career. I equate this a lot to the Travis Henry situation where Shaqs enormous ego and mouth made it difficult to trade him for much more then the lakers got.

- The lakers are over the cap and rebiulding.....in order to get back into contention quick they HAVE to take some risks.....there were simply no big men to trade for what we have as tradebait EXCEPT for a high reward/high risk player like Kwame Brown.....Bynam isn't going to be ready for a while.

The lakers are taking a risk......but if it works out they will look like.....well....THE LAKERS