OT -- Sabres Have Best Shot At Crosby

kclor

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Lets see...the NHL has been doing everything it can to make sure the Rangers do well, despite their crappy play...and hey! Look at that...they have one of the best shots to get Crosby.

So lets see, where would the NHL want Crosby to play, in order to bring more interest to the NHL again?

Buffalo?

Columbus?

Pittsburgh?

New York City?

Hmmmmm...time for a throwback to my youth, but "one of these things is not like the other"

Gee, I can't wait to go see him play next year at MSG.  :)

It'll be the Ewing lottery all over again.  Just you watch.

381040[/snapback]

C'mon Hockey Gods...... Hook us Buffalonians up!! NO RANGERS..... C'mon.......

EXCELLENT!  C'mon hockey Gods.  Just this once.  We promise to go back to the Blue and Gold!

381033[/snapback]

Crosby, Vanek, Roy, Miller? That'd be a dynasty in the making.

Which is why it'd never happen. Fact it - Buffalo is cursed. :)

Well . . . they and three other teams.  Under the new CBA, the lottery for draft selection order will be weighted.  Based on the new formula, the Sabres and three other teams have three balls and the best chance to get the number one pick.  Wouldn't that be something? 

http://tsn.ca/nhl/feature.asp?fid=7314

381031[/snapback]

That would be HUGE for buffalo. This kid seems to be the real deal and has teams all over the league salivating.

I pray we get this kid.

Well . . . they and three other teams.  Under the new CBA, the lottery for draft selection order will be weighted.  Based on the new formula, the Sabres and three other teams have three balls and the best chance to get the number one pick.  Wouldn't that be something? 

http://tsn.ca/nhl/feature.asp?fid=7314

381031[/snapback]

Even WIth the best shot, it is still only 6.25% to get the first pick. :)

Gee, I can't wait to go see him play next year at MSG.  :)

It'll be the Ewing lottery all over again.  Just you watch.

381040[/snapback]

Three balls out of 48 (6.25%) does not make me feel confident. If you want to talk conspiracy, I hate to say it, but this kid will go to the Leafs. Do you think the NHL was excited when Tampa Bay (!!!) beat a Canadian team for the Cup? If the fix is in, they will send the hometown boy to Toronto.

EXCELLENT!  C'mon hockey Gods.  Just this once.  We promise to go back to the Blue and Gold!

381033[/snapback]

I hear that! Get the Blue and gold back and good things will happen. If they can get him AND sign him and we know they have plenty of cap room it would be one of the best things to ever happen to the Swords. Does anyone know when the lottery will take place?

Tease. Sure, you say you can put the Sabres back in Blue and Gold, but when someone shows up at your house at night with Crosby tied up in the trunk of their car, then you're all "I don't even work for the Sabres; what were you thinking?"

Three balls out of 48 (6.25%) does not make me feel confident.  If you want to talk conspiracy, I hate to say it, but this kid will go to the Leafs.  Do you think the NHL was excited when Tampa Bay (!!!) beat a Canadian team for the Cup?  If the fix is in, they will send the hometown boy to Toronto.

381099[/snapback]

Crosby's from Nova Scotia. It will be a bit tough for him to play in his hometown.

Note: I don't know if he moved to a different area while young, making this post completely pointless.