Hot Rumor

I don't know how many kids make 10 hour car rides on a routine basis, but the dumb kids I've been around (namely my little cousins, nephews, and nieces - thanks for calling my family dumb by the way) have to watch the DVD even if we are driving ten minutes down the road to go to dinner or lunch.  Lost is the chance to actually engage your child in conversation.  Instead, they are locked onto that little video screen.

The kids have a backpack that they take evrywhere with thier gameboys and game cartridges in them.  I'm not sure how much literacy has been improved by gameboys.

What kid saves up thier allownace for a new lego set?  How many are saving up for the newest video game?  Do kids even work for allowance anymore?  Oh my bad, here I go sounding like my parents again.

377460[/snapback]

Please do not blame technology for parents not getting more involved in their childrens' lives than they should.

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't know how many kids make 10 hour car rides on a routine basis, but the dumb kids I've been around (namely my little cousins, nephews, and nieces - thanks for calling my family dumb by the way) have to watch the DVD even if we are driving ten minutes down the road to go to dinner or lunch.  Lost is the chance to actually engage your child in conversation.  Instead, they are locked onto that little video screen.

The kids have a backpack that they take evrywhere with thier gameboys and game cartridges in them.  I'm not sure how much literacy has been improved by gameboys.

What kid saves up thier allownace for a new lego set?  How many are saving up for the newest video game?  Do kids even work for allowance anymore?  Oh my bad, here I go sounding like my parents again.

377460[/snapback]

Regarding your extended family, that's why I left "dumb parents" in my original post. If your family can't go for more than a ten minute ride to dinner and engage kids in conversation, then either or both the kids and parents are dumb.

As for allowance, if kids don't do work around their house, whose fault is that? The gameboy? The DVD player?

Don't blame technology for the failings of that most selfish of groups: the "Beaver generation."

Please do not blame technology for parents not getting more involved in their childrens' lives than they should.

377471[/snapback]

Another SOB stole my post as it was being written. Are my thoughts projecting through my keyboard today?

Regarding your extended family, that's why I left "dumb parents" in my original post. If your family can't go for more than a ten minute ride to dinner and engage kids in conversation, then either or both the kids and parents are dumb.

As for allowance, if kids don't do work around their house, whose fault is that? The gameboy? The DVD player?

Don't blame technology for the failings of that most selfish of groups: the "Beaver generation."

377472[/snapback]

Sure. Everyone is dumb.

Lost is the chance to actually engage your child in conversation.  Instead, they are locked onto that little video screen.

:lol:;):lol:

Sorry, I'm just trying to picture my father "engaging me in conversation" as we drove down the road. From my memory, he was to busy telling me to sit still, shut the F. up, and stop hitting my sister!

DVD players sounds like a good idea to me.

What kid saves up thier allownace for a new lego set?  How many are saving up for the newest video game?

This is what I don't get. Just because you and I played with Legos as a kid, why does that make it better? Why on earth would ANY kid, including you if you were born now, buy a lego set when they can buy a top notch video game? Hell, you can buy a Lego video game and have thousands of times more possibilites than you ever could before.

This thread starts out by advocating banning Rich's squirrel scrotum and you object.  Now you want to ban something that looks like the word.  :lol:

I'm confused.  Please clarify your position.

377447[/snapback]

Kelly just has a fixation with my nuts. Please do not try to make too much out of it. Some guys just like nuts.

:lol:  ;)  :lol:

Sorry, I'm just trying to picture my father "engaging me in conversation" as we drove down the road.  From my memory, he was to busy telling me to sit still, shut the F. up, and stop hitting my sister!

This is what I don't get.  Just because you and I played with Legos as a kid, why does that make it better?  Why on earth would ANY kid, including you if you were born now, buy a lego set when they can buy a top notch video game?  Hell, you can buy a Lego video game and have thousands of times more possibilites than you ever could before.

377538[/snapback]

Kids still play with legos anyway. There are lego stores everywhere, where they never existed back in the good ol' days. There is an entire city made out of lego.

:lol:  ;)  :lol:

Sorry, I'm just trying to picture my father "engaging me in conversation" as we drove down the road.  From my memory, he was to busy telling me to sit still, shut the F. up, and stop hitting my sister!

377538[/snapback]

That's cool. Your father didn't care about what was on your mind, so why should you care about what is on your own child's mind.

Keep laughing.

That's cool.  Your father didn't care about what was on your mind, so why should you care about what is on your own child's mind.

Keep laughing.

377555[/snapback]

I don't know of any Dad who ever considered a car ride "quality time" to spend with the kids. If my old man could have thrown me in the trunk he probably would have.

I don't know of any Dad who ever considered a car ride "quality time" to spend with the kids. If my old man could have thrown me in the trunk he probably would have.

377567[/snapback]

I talk with mine all the time as I taxi her to activities, after school, etc.... I enjoy the time talking and having quality time. I do have a fancy dvd player and she watches it sometimes, but I also limit it and ask about her day, what she had for lunch, anything exciting happen, did anyone get in trouble, etc.... More just to keep her talking to stupid old dad.

2 observations.

on the good ol days of apple pie vs today's HotPockets®, can't we just comprimise and eat Apple Pie HotPockets® :devil:

on SCOTUS: yes, it does look like another word. i was just gonna let it go, but now that its been said...

oh, and 1 more thing

picard > kirk

Wah Wah Wah. You sound like your parents. "I used to be play for hours with a broken marble, and I was thrilled."

Do you have any idea what the Internet has done for literacy?

Maybe you only know dumb kids and dumb parents?

377428[/snapback]

They kan spel reely good know and they're grammer is xclent!