Hot Rumor

It was also waaaaaay better when husbands beat their wives behind closed doors, and women stayed in the kitchen where they belong, and kids were seen but not heard, and negroes had their own water fountains and sections on the bus, and everyone and everything was soooooooo happy and peachy.

377356[/snapback]

Ahhh, the good old days...when McCarthy railed against the Red hordes and made this country proud...

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

It was also waaaaaay better when husbands beat their wives behind closed doors, and women stayed in the kitchen where they belong, and kids were seen but not heard, and negroes had their own water fountains and sections on the bus, and everyone and everything was soooooooo happy and peachy.

It never really occurs to people that the kids watching Father Knows Best and Ozzie and Harriet and all those white picket fence shows of the good ol' days turned into draft card burning, ox blood wearing homo hippie heroin addicts.

377356[/snapback]

If they can't see it, it didn't happen. Just put on a happy face and whistle your cares away.

We dodn't have Hotpockets or American Idol in the 50s.  We had apple pie and Leave it to Beaver...proper food and wholesome programming.

377322[/snapback]

And some good old-school racism and sexism. Women wouldn't dare talk about being abused back then.

I long for the good old days.

Long gone are the days of kids actually going outside to play things like baseball, frisbee, or simply to go ride thier bikes around the neighborhood. Now all kids want to do is play the latest and greatest video game and sit on the couch watching a DVD or Spongebob.

What ever happened to jigsaw puzzles, Legos, and Hot wheels?

Take the kids in the car and you better have one of those seatback DVD screens or one of those portable gameboy thingies. If not, the kid is complaing the whole way down the road.

Oh yeah, unless you want to get a restraining order preventing you from seeing your kids... don't even think about spanking them. As soon as thier teacher finds out, you are toast.

Mmmm...hot apple pie...<drool>

377309[/snapback]

this doesn't have anything to do with anything......but -

due to the complaints of the cherry industry losing its self esteem, Apple Pie can no longer be ferred to as, "......American as Apple Pie".

it is believed that Baseball and Hot Dogs are next on the ACLU's target list.

:lol:

Long gone are the days of kids actually going outside to play things like baseball, frisbee, or simply to go ride thier bikes around the neighborhood.  Now all kids want to do is play the latest and greatest video game and sit on the couch watching a DVD or Spongebob. 

Take the kids in the car and you better have one of those seatback DVD screens or one of those portable gameboy thingies.  If not, the kid is complaing the whole way down the road.

Oh yeah, unless you want to get a restraining order preventing you from seeing your kids... don't even think about spanking them.  As soon as thier teacher finds out, you are toast.

377401[/snapback]

Don't worry, Boom. Soon Bush will pack SCOTUS with his non-activist judges, and we can all get back to looking the other way.

Long gone are the days of kids actually going outside to play things like baseball, frisbee, or simply to go ride thier bikes around the neighborhood.  Now all kids want to do is play the latest and greatest video game and sit on the couch watching a DVD or Spongebob. 

Take the kids in the car and you better have one of those seatback DVD screens or one of those portable gameboy thingies.  If not, the kid is complaing the whole way down the road.

Oh yeah, unless you want to get a restraining order preventing you from seeing your kids... don't even think about spanking them.  As soon as thier teacher finds out, you are toast.

377401[/snapback]

Wah Wah Wah. You sound like your parents. "I used to be play for hours with a broken marble, and I was thrilled."

Do you have any idea what the Internet has done for literacy? Kids read ALL THE TIME now. Book sales today are through the roof. Before I could read, I despised being in the car for long trips. Anyone who remembers the "joy" of 10 hours of "I Spy" in the car is a lying POS.

I didn't realize that Lego was about to go out of business. Or Hot Wheels. I go to Toys R Us and I see a wall of puzzles.

Maybe you only know dumb kids and dumb parents?

377401[/snapback]

TO ALL THE KIDS WHO SURVIVED the

1930's 40's, 50's, 60's and 70's !!

First, we survived being born to mothers who smoked and/or drank while they

carried us.

They took aspirin, ate blue cheese dressing, tuna from a can, and didn't get tested for diabetes.

Then after that trauma, our baby cribs were covered with bright colored

lead-based paints.

We had no childproof lids on medicine bottles, doors or cabinets and when we

rode our bikes, we had no helmets, not to mention, the risks we took

hitchhiking.

As children, we would ride in cars with no seat belts or air bags.

Riding in the back of a pick up on a warm day was always a special treat.

We drank water from the garden hose and NOT from a bottle.

We shared one soft drink with four friends, from one bottle and NO ONE

actually died from this.

We ate cupcakes, white bread and real butter and drank soda pop with sugar in it, but

we weren't overweight because

WE WERE ALWAYS OUTSIDE PLAYING!

We would leave home in the morning and play all day, as long as we were back

when the streetlights came on.

No one was able to reach us all day. And we were O.K.

We would spend hours building our go-carts out of scraps and then ride down

the hill, only to find out we forgot the brakes. After running into the

bushes a few times, we learned to solve the problem.

We did not have Playstations, Nintendo's, X-boxes, no video games at all, no

99 channels on cable, no video tape movies, no surround sound, no cell

phones, no personal computers, no Internet or Internet chat

rooms..........WE HAD FRIENDS and we went outside and found them!

We fell out of trees, got cut, broke bones and teeth and there were no

lawsuits from these accidents.

We ate worms and mud pies made from dirt, and the worms did not live in us forever.

We were given BB guns for our 10th birthdays,

made up games with sticks and tennis balls and although we were told it would happen, we did not put out very many eyes.

We rode bikes or walked to a friend's house and knocked on the door or rang

the bell, or just walked in and talked to them!

Little League had tryouts and not everyone made the team. Those who didn't

had to learn to deal with disappointment. Imagine that!!

The idea of a parent bailing us out if we broke the law was unheard of. They

actually sided with the law!

This generation has produced some of the best risk-takers, problem solvers

and inventors ever!

The past 50 years have been an explosion of innovation and new ideas.

We had freedom, failure, success and responsibility, and we learned

HOW TO

DEAL WITH IT ALL!

And YOU are one of them! CONGRATULATIONS!

You might want to share this with others who have had the luck to grow up as

kids, before the lawyers and the government regulated our lives for our own good.

and while you are at it, forward it to your kids so they will know how brave their parents were.

Kind of makes you want to run through the house with scissors, doesn't it?!

:lol:

Could we please refrain from referring to it as SCOTUS, every time I see that I read "scrotum".

377417[/snapback]

This thread starts out by advocating banning Rich's squirrel scrotum and you object. Now you want to ban something that looks like the word. :lol:

I'm confused. Please clarify your position.

It never really occurs to people that the kids watching Father Knows Best and Ozzie and Harriet and all those white picket fence shows of the good ol' days turned into draft card burning, ox blood wearing homo hippie heroin addicts.

377356[/snapback]

That's quite a wide broom..

This thread starts out by advocating banning Rich's squirrel scrotum and you object.  Now you want to ban something that looks like the word.  :lol:

I'm confused.  Please clarify your position.

377447[/snapback]

Where did I object to or even refer to richtard's squirrel scrotum?

Wah Wah Wah. You sound like your parents. "I used to be play for hours with a broken marble, and I was thrilled."

Do you have any idea what the Internet has done for literacy? Kids read ALL THE TIME now. Book sales today are through the roof. Before I could read, I despised being in the car for long trips. Anyone who remembers the "joy" of 10 hours of "I Spy" in the car is a lying POS. 

I didn't realize that Lego was about to go out of business. Or Hot Wheels. I go to Toys R Us and I see a wall of puzzles.

Maybe you only know dumb kids and dumb parents?

377428[/snapback]

I don't know how many kids make 10 hour car rides on a routine basis, but the dumb kids I've been around (namely my little cousins, nephews, and nieces - thanks for calling my family dumb by the way) have to watch the DVD even if we are driving ten minutes down the road to go to dinner or lunch. Lost is the chance to actually engage your child in conversation. Instead, they are locked onto that little video screen.

The kids have a backpack that they take evrywhere with thier gameboys and game cartridges in them. I'm not sure how much literacy has been improved by gameboys.

What kid saves up thier allownace for a new lego set? How many are saving up for the newest video game? Do kids even work for allowance anymore? Oh my bad, here I go sounding like my parents again.

Where did I object to or even refer to richtard's squirrel scrotum?

377455[/snapback]

Well, technically you didn't but I know what you were thinking. You think he should be able to keep that thing. You can't fool me.

BTW.............SCOTUS

Well, technically you didn't but I know what you were thinking.  You think he should be able to keep that thing.  You can't fool me.

BTW.............SCOTUS

377464[/snapback]

Just seeing the name irritates me. I never get as far as the avatar. So I could care less what is on it. I am not even sure I could pick it out of a police line-up of any of your richtards' avatars. :lol: