Terrorism takes center stage again

Uk muslim organisations were very quick indeed to condemn what happened yesterday. Perhaps my post (or at least that part of it) shouldn't really have been directed at Bill. I was trying to get across the point that "muslims" are not the problem, muslim terrorists, extremists, whatever, are the problem.

377313[/snapback]

I agree. The radicals are the problem. I just think that there are still people who feel that Muslims are not doing enough. If the UK Muslim organizations quickly denounced the attacks, then that is a great first step. As VA mentioned, more still needs to be done. Cutting off of funding is a great step. Continuing to publically denounce the radicals is another step that needs to be taken.

It cannot just be after an attack, but a continual presence. Don't let people forget what the radicals do to people, including other Muslims. Being a devout Muslim will not protect you from them. They will die just as quickly as the "infidels."

• Replies 218
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Im sorry, but the claim that Jihadism and its ideology is limited to a very small number of "extremists" is just not true. Of course, most Muslims are peaceful and condemn it. But those who agree and sympathize with Jihadism and the "extremists" are NOT just small fringe group like chicot would like you to believe.

In the whole Muslim flock, there is more than one "black sheep."

http://www.cnn.com/2005/WORLD/europe/07/08...lims/index.html

I agree. The radicals are the problem. I just think that there are still people who feel that Muslims are not doing enough. If the UK Muslim organizations quickly denounced the attacks, then that is a great first step. As VA mentioned, more still needs to be done. Cutting off of funding is a great step. Continuing to publically denounce the radicals is another step that needs to be taken.

It cannot just be after an attack, but a continual presence. Don't let people forget what the radicals do to people, including other Muslims. Being a devout Muslim will not protect you from them. They will die just as quickly as the "infidels."

377326[/snapback]

The extremist is absolutely the enemy of the average Muslim, because the latter is the one who has to live with the stereotypes and the violence, and any profiling perpetuated by the former.

I absolutely agree that having Muslim leaders at the fore denounce the violence is critical, but it must be this and other kinds of support, and not apologies, that we expect from them. Implicating all Muslims under blanket statements as some like to do here only exacerbates the situation. A continuous presence from these leaders really is essential, and cutting any and all ties with extremists, financial or otherwise, will really strengthen solidarity with the majority of the Muslim community and the rest of the Western world.

At the moment, it is happening far more often in Iraq than in Israel.

377329[/snapback]

Typical Chicot answer. Let me ask this another way:

When these types of bombings are carried out in Israel, who is more likely to get hurt or killed? Is your answer still Muslims?

Typical Chicot answer.  Let me ask this another way:

When these types of bombings are carried out in Israel, who is more likely to get hurt or killed?  Is your answer still Muslims?

377348[/snapback]

Duh. I think it's fairly obvious it would be Jews.

Im sorry, but the claim that Jihadism and its ideology is limited to a very small number of "extremists" is just not true. Of course, most Muslims are peaceful and condemn it. But those who agree and sympathize with Jihadism and the "extremists" are NOT just small fringe group like chicot would like you to believe.

In the whole Muslim flock, there is more than one "black sheep."

http://www.cnn.com/2005/WORLD/europe/07/08...lims/index.html

377332[/snapback]

Wow, after reading that article, it is clear that:

1. Muslims first thought is about themselves. They worry about a backlash, not the victims. Plus, I think angry violent mobs are more in fashion is Islamic countries.

2. A lot of the have problems with US/England killing muslims, even if they are terrorists. Because infidels shouldn't protect themselves against Islamic Terrorist I guess,

377326[/snapback]

I've been perusing the FBIS. there is a lot of muslim denouncement of the attacks. Unfortunately there is a lot of "We denounce - but..."

Shouldn't send the mixed messages, but that's just my opinion.

Too bloody right

377561[/snapback]

How are you doing today? 9/12 was pretty rough for me, as I recall.

One thing that impressed the hell out of me this morning was hearing all the "man on the street" interviews from the financial district this morning, and hearing the rather overwhelming consensus from Londoners that "Yeah, it's hell...but you have to keep living your life or else the bastards win." I compare that to the typical American "We're all victims, let's wallow in it." reaction over here, and I wonder how England ever lost their empire...or how we'll ever keep ours. You Brits handle this a lot more maturely than my country of retards does...