Terrorism takes center stage again

• Replies 218
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What, exactly, is the issue here?  That the liberal media (i.e. the BBC) is choosing to use a LESS loaded and more objective term?

379596[/snapback]

My issue is that they're ignoring the most accurate term in favor of something vague and PC.

My issue is that they're ignoring the most accurate term in favor of something vague and PC.

379688[/snapback]

Vague? They set off bombs. Ergo, they are bombers. Looks pretty solid to me, not a hell of a lot of wiggle room there.

"Terrorist", on the other hand...that's a loaded term. Accurate,yes, but loaded. "Bombers" is merely accurate.

TAFKAB

Terrorist Artists formerly known as Bombers

379726[/snapback]

You need some unpronouncable symbol for that name? Also, the word "terrorists" is too harsh. It might hurt someone's feelings. Try "people who are displeased with the current situation."

You need some unpronouncable symbol for that name? Also, the word "terrorists" is too harsh. It might hurt someone's feelings. Try "people who are displeased with the current situation."

379729[/snapback]

You're right. But "displeased" is too much of a value judgement. They may be happy people on the inside.

You're right. But "displeased" is too much of a value judgement.  They may be happy people on the inside.

379744[/snapback]

If they are happy with the current situation, why are they bombing the sh-- out of stuff? They need to be at least "displeased" with the current situation in order to be blowing sh-- up. I thought that "displeased" was less harsh than "upset" or even "mad."

You are correct that overall they may be happy people, but I still stand by my description. :wacko:

If they are happy with the current situation, why are they bombing the sh-- out of stuff? They need to be at least "displeased" with the current situation in order to be blowing sh-- up. I thought that "displeased" was less harsh than "upset" or even "mad."

You are correct that overall they may be happy people, but I still stand by my description.  :wacko:

379787[/snapback]

They are happy because their bombing will get them all those virgins baby!

You are correct that overall they may be happy people, but I still stand by my description.  :P

379787[/snapback]

Your right, as long as it doesn't hurt their esteem, I guess I'm okay with it. :wacko:

Vague?  They set off bombs.  Ergo, they are bombers.  Looks pretty solid to me, not a hell of a lot of wiggle room there. 

"Terrorist", on the other hand...that's a loaded term.  Accurate,yes, but loaded.  "Bombers" is merely accurate.

379695[/snapback]

Is that all they do? Why not go the extra mile and say "terrorist"? They're trying to change the world by "terrorizing" citizens of a country that they cannot defeat militarily.

Using bombers puts us on the same level as them, which we are not. Technically, there are American "bombers" in Iraq and Afghanistan - the guys dropping the bombs from the sky during battle, but that's hardly the same as blowing up a bus, train, or plane full of civilians.

There's a difference, but the media likes to pretend it doesn't exist. Heck, why not just label them "persons"? After all, they are all people. People who target civilians with bombs.